Online Multiplayer - Halo CE > Halo 2

#1DarkshowersPosted 11/14/2012 8:40:28 AM
I know it's not really the popular opinion but if Halo CE had Xbox Live support at the time, I truly believe it would be the best online multiplayer game of the entire series. Anyone who was able to experience Halo CE over a LAN knows what I am talking about. The pistol, the fantastic maps, the addicting FPS experience that previously was only matched by shooters on the PC. It is still to this day one of the best shooters I've played online ever.

This is why I feel that Halo Anniversary's playlist on Reach even though it was a substandard version of the original, still brought my opinion of Reach up so that I think it's better than Halo 3.

Discuss...
#2VandorLeePosted 11/14/2012 8:41:38 AM
Pistol....
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#3GnarthwestPosted 11/14/2012 8:43:13 AM
Not trying to be a douche or anything....but you just mentioned almost every halo except number 4....on the Halo 4 board. Am I the only one that thinks this is out of place?
---
XBL = The Gnarthwest
#4Marvel ManPosted 11/14/2012 8:44:01 AM
I really, really, wish Halo CE came to Xbox Live in it's original form so you can be exposed to all of it's bs.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#5Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 8:45:16 AM
Marvel Man posted...
I really, really, wish Halo CE came to Xbox Live in it's original form so you can be exposed to all of it's bs.

What BS? Please explain.

Regarding Halo 4, I place it below CE and 2 but it is much better than 3 and Reach. How's that?
#6xTreefiddy350xPosted 11/14/2012 8:46:37 AM(edited)
Marvel Man posted...

Like what? I loved halo ce. Used to play it over XBC and LAN all the time, still do occasionally.
#7ArcGuardPosted 11/14/2012 9:01:43 AM
Darkshowers posted...
I know it's not really the popular opinion but if Halo CE had Xbox Live support at the time, I truly believe it would be the best online multiplayer game of the entire series. Anyone who was able to experience Halo CE over a LAN knows what I am talking about. The pistol, the fantastic maps, the addicting FPS experience that previously was only matched by shooters on the PC. It is still to this day one of the best shooters I've played online ever.

This is why I feel that Halo Anniversary's playlist on Reach even though it was a substandard version of the original, still brought my opinion of Reach up so that I think it's better than Halo 3.

Discuss...

>Pistol
>not trolling

I'm not sure I can make that conclusion. Halo 2's multiplayer was far superior to 1, based on the fact the pistol didn't make it, ALONE. Not to mention all the other improvements.

The pistol was the worst thing about Halo 1. 3 shot kills, cross map. The only thing better at any range outside of 10 feet was the sniper riffle. And even then, the pistol was still effective at close range, too. But then some of the other weapons became usable.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo...
#8fiasco86Posted 11/14/2012 9:04:27 AM
ArcGuard posted...
Darkshowers posted...

Discuss...

>Pistol
>not trolling

I'm not sure I can make that conclusion. Halo 2's multiplayer was far superior to 1, based on the fact the pistol didn't make it, ALONE. Not to mention all the other improvements.

The pistol was the worst thing about Halo 1. 3 shot kills, cross map. The only thing better at any range outside of 10 feet was the sniper riffle. And even then, the pistol was still effective at close range, too. But then some of the other weapons became usable.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo...

Name one thing Halo 2 made better about Halo multiplayer (if that's even possible) and I will name 2 that it did worse.

And I've had the pistol discussion 100 times. It was a powerful, all-around reliable weapon, but to argue it's OP is difficult since it's not a power weapon (i.e. everyone starts with it).
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 7
#9snake spiegalPosted 11/14/2012 9:09:28 AM
ArcGuard posted...
Darkshowers posted...

Discuss...

>Pistol
>not trolling

Except the pistol took skill. Halo 1, since it wasn't designed for online, had the smallest amount of auto-aim. To get a 3 shot kill consistently, you needed to be good. Anyone and everyone could 4 shot kill with the BR in Halo 2.

Also, the shotgun was a beast, the PR and the AR had it's place and the rocket launcher also existed, so no, not every weapon was useless.
---
Winter is Coming
#10Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 9:11:07 AM
Exactly!

In the right hands, the sniper rifle was still extremely deadly on most maps even against anyone with a pistol because most of the time, you would be able to snipe someone before they even see you given the long range. The shotgun was still really effective at extreme close range though the pistol gave you a good chance to win if you were good with it. The rockets were extremely powerful and controlling camo and overshield were a huge part of the game.

The pistol took precise aim and pure skill moreso than the BR in Halo 2 which was very forgiving with a large amount of aim assist because Bungie tried to adjust the weapons for lag.