Online Multiplayer - Halo CE > Halo 2

#41oni20002Posted 11/14/2012 7:35:23 PM
Halo CE is what over 10 years old. You really want the same game. I swear people don't know what they want. When a series tries to be different everyone hates on it and when they don't change enough everyone hates on it. I don't remember which developer said it but it is true gamers are never satisfied. For all the people who complain, I would bet if they made a classic playlist that was exactly like halo CE it would probably only have 3k people on average and that is such a small percentage of the halo community.

I think halo 4 weapon balance is the best in the series given the amount of weapons. Though that might be because I had halo CE on the pc and the accuracy of a keyboard and mouse made that gun outclass everything else.
#42Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/14/2012 7:36:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/14/2012 7:39:40 PM
oni20002 posted...
Halo CE is what over 10 years old. You really want the same game. I swear people don't know what they want. When a series tries to be different everyone hates on it and when they don't change enough everyone hates on it. I don't remember which developer said it but it is true gamers are never satisfied. For all the people who complain, I would bet if they made a classic playlist that was exactly like halo CE it would probably only have 3k people on average and that is such a small percentage of the halo community.

I think halo 4 weapon balance is the best in the series given the amount of weapons. Though that might be because I had halo CE on the pc and the accuracy of a keyboard and mouse made that gun outclass everything else.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItsTheSameNowItSucks
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#44DuwstaiPosted 11/14/2012 7:53:37 PM(edited)
Yes i've played it

Sure doesnt seem like it

Assault Rifle was pointless because of the pistol.

Wrong

Close range, small rooms it absolute destroyed the pistol as long as you didnt run in a straight line.

Plasma Rifle COULD be used in conjunction with the Assault Rifle to possibly kill faster, but the Pistol would still be better.

This is where you prove that you dont know ANYTHING about CE.

The plasma rifle was nigh unbeatable at close range because of its stun effect. By firing at a pistol user, it froze him in place, allow you to circle strafe around them and kill them with ease. It doesnt matter how good you were with the pistol, you were unable to aim correctly while frozen.

Just go watch any pro gameplay. The best pistol users in the world and all of them used the AR and PR on occasion.

Now go watch a Halo 4 gameplay of anyone decent. They NEVER touch anything but the DMR/ BR and power weapons. No one uses the AR, and certainly no one uses the storm rifle or suppressor.

I'm saying that if the Halo 1 Pistol was in Halo 4 there would be many less balance issues.

And that is just stupid. The CE pistol is so much more powerful than anything in H4. H4 is balanced around the DMR, which kills almost 3x slower than the pistol, and there is still no reason to use anything but the DMR. CE weapons were balanced around the pistol, which is why it worked.

And while The DMR does slightly outclass the other Precision weapons they are all pretty damn close in terms of balance.

Each weapon in CE had a niche where it reigned supreme. In H4, all the precision weapons are just worse versions of the DMR. DMR beats them all at any range.

---
balls
#45Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/14/2012 8:07:19 PM
Duwstai posted...
Yes i've played it

Sure doesnt seem like it

Assault Rifle was pointless because of the pistol.
Wrong

Close range, small rooms it absolute destroyed the pistol as long as you didnt run in a straight line.

Plasma Rifle COULD be used in conjunction with the Assault Rifle to possibly kill faster, but the Pistol would still be better.

This is where you prove that you dont know ANYTHING about CE.

The plasma rifle was nigh unbeatable at close range because of its stun effect. By firing at a pistol user, it froze him in place, allow you to circle strafe around them and kill them with ease. It doesnt matter how good you were with the pistol, you were unable to aim correctly while frozen.

Just go watch any pro gameplay. The best pistol users in the world and all of them used the AR and PR on occasion.

Now go watch a Halo 4 gameplay of anyone decent. They NEVER touch anything but the DMR/ BR and power weapons. No one uses the AR, and certainly no one uses the storm rifle or suppressor.

I'm saying that if the Halo 1 Pistol was in Halo 4 there would be many less balance issues.

And that is just stupid. The CE pistol is so much more powerful than anything in H4. H4 is balanced around the DMR, which kills almost 3x slower than the pistol, and there is still no reason to use anything but the DMR. CE weapons were balanced around the pistol, which is why it worked.

And while The DMR does slightly outclass the other Precision weapons they are all pretty damn close in terms of balance.

Each weapon in CE had a niche where it reigned supreme. In H4, all the precision weapons are just worse versions of the DMR. DMR beats them all at any range.

Well played, I can deal with the stuff you say, because it's your opinion, if you think CE is more balanced I'm not going to argue anymore, at the very least you put up legitimate arguments unlike some of the other CE fans who are all just babies who whine for the 3SK Pistol. But where do you get that last line from? Sure the DMR is most balanced over the ranges, but the Light Rifle is superior at long ranges and I find the Carbine better at close ranges because of its higher rate fo fire. (Never used the BR much.)

It's also worth noting that I used the Plasma Rifle a good deal in Halo CE, (It's my favorite gun), but I never noticed any stun effect, do you have any footage of that stun effect i've never noticed, because now I'm really curious; the Plasma Rifle didn't seem like anything spectactular when I used it online, but it seems to be an actual good weapon?
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#46Velvet_LlamaPosted 11/14/2012 8:13:40 PM
fiasco86 posted...
Velvet_Llama posted...
Darkshowers posted...
Velvet_Llama posted...
jakethenoob posted...
Claiming that the Halo games have gotten better each time, you're the one that needs proof.

But it's an opinion ( a wrong one) so you can't.

Halo CE is crap compared to Halo 4. But halo CE is also like 10 year old game now, so of course it's crap compared to its successors which each continually refined and expanded upon what made halo CE a great game back in its day.

How old are you that you really believe the stuff you are saying??

Just because a game is older doesn't mean it is automatically worse than new games and no not all new games refine and expand upon their predecessor. Halo 2 was much different than Halo CE. Try telling Halo fans that Reach was much better than every Halo game before it and you'll get laughed off this board. That's essentially what you are saying.

Laughed off an Internet message board. Oh no, how could my fragile psyche handle such a traumatic experience. Each Halo has incrementally improved on the one before it. In case you haven't noticed, people on these boards react the same way each time a new sequel comes out. The new game ruined everything and the previous ga,e was the best in the series. Everyone hated Halo 2 for ruining the franchise. Until Halo 3 came out, then Halo 2 was the pinnacle of gaming. Same now. And reach was absolutely better than e first three halo games. It was the same basic gameplay just polished even further.

I'm not going to bother going into a long explanation of why this viewpoint is wrong because you are either:
A) trolling
or B) too stupid to know when I've proven you wrong, anyway.

So I'll just use simple proof by counter-example. Let's hope you're intelligent enough to follow it.

Fact: Halo CE came before Halo: Reach
Premise: Every Halo has incrementally improved on and was absolutely better than the ones before it.
1) Halo Reach incrementally improved on and was absolutely better than Halo CE (Instantiation of the premise)
2) Halo Reach's physics improved on and are absolutely better than Halo CE's physics (by substitution on 1)
3) Contradiction: Halo Reach's physics are NOT better (by any stretch of the imagination) than Halo CE's physics (or any other Halo game for that matter).

Therefore, the premise is FALSE.

No, Reach's physics are vastly superior to those in it's predecessors. Prove me wrong brah.
---
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).
#47Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/14/2012 8:27:41 PM
Alright, Velvet_Llama I'm not biased in Halo CE's favor so believe me when I say:

Halo Reach has the WORST Physics out of every Halo Game.

Halo CE didn't have physics that great, but in Halo Reach you could flip a Warthog and it would keep rolling as long as you kept shooting it it would keep rolling.

Warthogs in Reach were practically made of paper, unlike Halo 1-4.
---
#48DuwstaiPosted 11/15/2012 5:30:11 AM
Well played, I can deal with the stuff you say, because it's your opinion, if you think CE is more balanced I'm not going to argue anymore, at the very least you put up legitimate arguments unlike some of the other CE fans who are all just babies who whine for the 3SK Pistol. But where do you get that last line from? Sure the DMR is most balanced over the ranges, but the Light Rifle is superior at long ranges and I find the Carbine better at close ranges because of its higher rate fo fire. (Never used the BR much.)

The light rifle and DMR zoomed ins kill times are extremely close. Light rifle is a bit faster but since DMR fires faster it flinches you, making it better for long range.

Not to mention its aim assist range when scoped is much farther, making for more accurate shots.

Carbine gets destroyed at close range. It may have a higher rate of fire but its kill time is very slow compared to the DMR.

It's also worth noting that I used the Plasma Rifle a good deal in Halo CE, (It's my favorite gun), but I never noticed any stun effect, do you have any footage of that stun effect i've never noticed, because now I'm really curious; the Plasma Rifle didn't seem like anything spectactular when I used it online, but it seems to be an actual good weapon?

I have no idea how you played CE and didnt notice the stun effect of the plasma rifle. Its not like it was subtle. Go look up any gameplay and you will see it.

No offense, but this is why I question whether you even played the game (for any decent amount of time that is).

Go watch any pro gameplay from back then. Whether youre into that kind of gameplay or not, they are the best players in the world, and they always picekd up the plasma rifle for close range.
---
balls
#49Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 12:41:29 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Alright, Velvet_Llama I'm not biased in Halo CE's favor so believe me when I say:

Halo CE didn't have physics that great, but in Halo Reach you could flip a Warthog and it would keep rolling as long as you kept shooting it it would keep rolling.

Don't mind Velvet_Llama. He just makes repetitve statements and ends with "prove me wrong brah" without backing up his points. He is not very capable of intelligent thought or conversation.
#50Velvet_LlamaPosted 11/15/2012 3:32:33 PM
Darkshowers posted...
Milla_Maxwell posted...

Don't mind Velvet_Llama. He just makes repetitve statements and ends with "prove me wrong brah" without backing up his points. He is not very capable of intelligent thought or conversation.

Nah breh, I'm just waiting for someone to prove me wrong.
---
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).