Online Multiplayer - Halo CE > Halo 2

#51Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/15/2012 3:58:21 PM
Duwstai posted...
Well played, I can deal with the stuff you say, because it's your opinion, if you think CE is more balanced I'm not going to argue anymore, at the very least you put up legitimate arguments unlike some of the other CE fans who are all just babies who whine for the 3SK Pistol. But where do you get that last line from? Sure the DMR is most balanced over the ranges, but the Light Rifle is superior at long ranges and I find the Carbine better at close ranges because of its higher rate fo fire. (Never used the BR much.)

The light rifle and DMR zoomed ins kill times are extremely close. Light rifle is a bit faster but since DMR fires faster it flinches you, making it better for long range.

Not to mention its aim assist range when scoped is much farther, making for more accurate shots.

Carbine gets destroyed at close range. It may have a higher rate of fire but its kill time is very slow compared to the DMR.

It's also worth noting that I used the Plasma Rifle a good deal in Halo CE, (It's my favorite gun), but I never noticed any stun effect, do you have any footage of that stun effect i've never noticed, because now I'm really curious; the Plasma Rifle didn't seem like anything spectactular when I used it online, but it seems to be an actual good weapon?

I have no idea how you played CE and didnt notice the stun effect of the plasma rifle. Its not like it was subtle. Go look up any gameplay and you will see it.

No offense, but this is why I question whether you even played the game (for any decent amount of time that is).

Go watch any pro gameplay from back then. Whether youre into that kind of gameplay or not, they are the best players in the world, and they always picekd up the plasma rifle for close range.

I'll be honest, I never did play it that much; I bought it and played it for a short while, but It was difficult heading backwards in terms of certain things. (Hijacking for example)
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#52fiasco86Posted 11/15/2012 5:21:13 PM
Velvet_Llama posted...
fiasco86 posted...

I'm not going to bother going into a long explanation of why this viewpoint is wrong because you are either:
A) trolling
or B) too stupid to know when I've proven you wrong, anyway.

So I'll just use simple proof by counter-example. Let's hope you're intelligent enough to follow it.

Fact: Halo CE came before Halo: Reach
Premise: Every Halo has incrementally improved on and was absolutely better than the ones before it.
1) Halo Reach incrementally improved on and was absolutely better than Halo CE (Instantiation of the premise)
2) Halo Reach's physics improved on and are absolutely better than Halo CE's physics (by substitution on 1)
3) Contradiction: Halo Reach's physics are NOT better (by any stretch of the imagination) than Halo CE's physics (or any other Halo game for that matter).

Therefore, the premise is FALSE.

No, Reach's physics are vastly superior to those in it's predecessors. Prove me wrong brah.

So, I was right. You fall into the category of somebody who's too stupid to know when they've been proven wrong. No intelligent person could honestly say that Reach's physics are good.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 7
#53fiasco86Posted 11/15/2012 5:30:36 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...

In Halo CE every non Power Weapon is useless because the Pistol 90% of the time will beat them at any range.

This is exactly the point I was disproving in my earlier long post, and it shows (like you stated later on) that you really didn't put much time into Halo CE. CE's learning curve was perfect. It was simple enough that anyone could pick it up and play and within a few hours be competent, yet deep enough that with time you could continue developing skill and learn all the intricacies of the game to become significantly better than people who only casually played. If you were getting beat by the pistol 90% of the time at any range, then you weren't doing it right. Sniper outclasses the pistol at the typical ranges you would encounter on BG, Sidewinder, and Hang 'Em. Rocket and shotgun are obviously better when you're close, and if you're getting losing to a pistol when you have either of those and you're withing decent range, you're doing it wrong. Like others have said, PR and PP's stun effect literally destroys people regardless of what they're using. You can circle strafe right behind them and melee them for a quick finish. Even the AR could beat the pistol up close due to its high ROF, which makes it difficult to aim when you're using the pistol, along with its longer melee range and quicker melee recovery.

Yes, the pistol is awesome and yes it is powerful, but like others have said, if it had the skin of a rifle, nobody would have said anything about it being OP because it's essentially the same as the DMR.
---
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 7
#54DuwstaiPosted 11/15/2012 9:56:34 PM
I'll be honest, I never did play it that much; I bought it and played it for a short while, but It was difficult heading backwards in terms of certain things. (Hijacking for example)

Thats fine, but then why are you trying to say its unbalanced when you dont even have an understanding of the games mechanics?

You admitted you havent put much time into it, so why are you arguing that its unbalanced? If you barely played it, how are you an authority on the subject?
---
balls
#55Velvet_LlamaPosted 11/16/2012 10:56:49 AM
fiasco86 posted...
Velvet_Llama posted...
fiasco86 posted...

I'm not going to bother going into a long explanation of why this viewpoint is wrong because you are either:
A) trolling
or B) too stupid to know when I've proven you wrong, anyway.

So I'll just use simple proof by counter-example. Let's hope you're intelligent enough to follow it.

Fact: Halo CE came before Halo: Reach
Premise: Every Halo has incrementally improved on and was absolutely better than the ones before it.
1) Halo Reach incrementally improved on and was absolutely better than Halo CE (Instantiation of the premise)
2) Halo Reach's physics improved on and are absolutely better than Halo CE's physics (by substitution on 1)
3) Contradiction: Halo Reach's physics are NOT better (by any stretch of the imagination) than Halo CE's physics (or any other Halo game for that matter).

Therefore, the premise is FALSE.

No, Reach's physics are vastly superior to those in it's predecessors. Prove me wrong brah.

So, I was right. You fall into the category of somebody who's too stupid to know when they've been proven wrong. No intelligent person could honestly say that Reach's physics are good.

Why aren't Reach's physics good?
---
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).
#56fiasco86Posted 11/16/2012 11:16:01 AM
Because you hit a pebble in the warthog and roll...multiple times.
---
#57lderivedxPosted 11/16/2012 11:21:36 AM
Why aren't Reach's physics good?

-Grenade bounces are horribly inconsistent.
-Combined with the map architecture, sometimes you got some very strange and/or annoying movement changes. i.e. at the top of an upwards ramp, you sometimes can't jump because your movement continues upwards when the ramp ends, so you're in mid-air. Also, this hurts your speed.
-Evade off any kind of upwards ramp.
---
this is a shining example of why people with alternating caps in their names are treated like special children. - Sin
GT: i derive dx
#58Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:50:52 AM
Velvet_Llama, do you have a response to the last two posts brah???
#59DifferentialEquationPosted 11/19/2012 5:57:31 AM
I was so pissed when they released Halo Anniversary with Reach style multiplayer. I actually really liked Reach, I just wanted to play the original in all its glory.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#60fiasco86Posted 11/19/2012 8:45:06 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
I was so pissed when they released Halo Anniversary with Reach style multiplayer. I actually really liked Reach, I just wanted to play the original in all its glory.

the way i see it, that was the only reason to remake halo 1
---