Kill cam....

#1trashy345Posted 11/14/2012 12:50:24 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed to death (haven't been here in weeks) but is the kill cam driving anyone else insane? It's a great idea in theory, but I've been noticing that a lot of the people who are killing me are not even aiming at me and sometimes when they melee me, they aren't even facing me. It's getting pretty bad. I ragequit twice last night and I hate ragequitters, but watching some tool with a DMR spazzing out with his barrel all over the damn place shoot 5 feet off to either side of me and kill me when I'd steadily emptied most of a Suppressor clip into him at close range over and over was some bad s#%t. This has been happening a lot the last few nights. Anyone else?
#2Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/14/2012 12:50:44 PM
No
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#3one1sh0tPosted 11/14/2012 12:52:29 PM
The real question is why haven't you been smashing X to respawn immediately after dying? I didn't even know there was a kill cam until the 3rd or 4th game.
#4Lord_Waffles21Posted 11/14/2012 12:56:54 PM(edited)
Lag, latency, host advantage, netcode, etc.
From their point of view they were spot on.
The kill cam is closer to what you "saw" from your point of view.
The discrepancy has existed since replays were introduced back in Halo 3.

Edit: Also bugs and such
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Colors!!!! Wheeee!!!
#5DuwstaiPosted 11/14/2012 12:54:39 PM
KIll cam is glitched.

On their screen they ARE aiming at you.

Dont watch them at all unless you got killed from an unknown location and need to find out where.

No use flipping out about it.
---
balls
#6HitmanCT13Posted 11/14/2012 1:12:19 PM
the only time i've watched them is when I've been sniped when I was running and jumping and thought there was no way he could have shot me in the head. On the replay their reticule wasn't even on me. But as people have said and as I learned, the killcam isn't very reliable. Once you die just hit x to get back in there.
---
"I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be"
GT HitmanCT13
#7trashy345(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 1:52:07 PM
All right, thanks guys. I hadn't considered that I was seeing from my game's point of view through their eyes, or however you want to put it. Pretty much ruins the whole concept of the kill-cam. Time to mash x after I die, then.
#8soetemPosted 11/14/2012 1:55:54 PM
Is there a setting for killcam that I don't see? Or is it just random cuz I only get them maybe a third of the time or less.
---
Rings do nothing unless worn!
#9bearded_moosePosted 11/14/2012 1:56:01 PM
if you don't know how you died, it's worth it to watch the killcam for a split second just to see what weapon they had and where they were when they killed you.

other than that, they always lie.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12
#10amusingOnePosted 11/17/2012 1:22:14 AM
How do you actually view kill cam? Whenever I die it just shows the area around me and I can switch to other players' view on my team