Join in progress literally ruined Halo 4.

#101CrimsonCorpPosted 11/15/2012 7:30:49 AM
The join in progress is not as bad as I have experienced with the Modern Warfare and Black ops titles. I have yet to join a match where I see the final scoreboard and it ends...Now it could be i'm very fortunate and simply haven't come across it, but so far its been pretty good.

I have come into games where we were losing, but they have been the exception rather than the rule. Not being down a person or more for an entire match is such a huge plus for me, I love it.
#102MoukaryuuPosted 11/15/2012 7:37:39 AM
ITT: Crying about KDR being affected by joining a losing team makes the game less enjoyable even though it affects gameplay 0%.

I got news for you TC, in case you hadn't already figured it out. It's just a game and your stats mean absolutely nothing. Not to anyone. Just play and be happy.
---
Joy puking my face off
#103Link2B125Posted 11/15/2012 7:54:55 AM
If you don't think JIP is bad, you have zero clue about how a Halo game should work and should just sell off your copy.

That having been said, I have three major issues with this game right now.

1.) Join In Progress breaking the matchmaking system.

2.) Maps/Playlists (And I actually ENJOY a good chunk of the maps, but there are nowhere near close to enough arena style small maps in this game. There is no arguing this point.)

3.) Random weapon spawns. It is idiotic, and takes away another layer of skill from Halo. Thank goodness you can at least have set weapon spawns in customs settings.

Apart from those, I'm really enjoying the game. Core gameplay flows really well IMO.
---
XBLGT: Sanzaru PSN: TheRealSanzaru
SSFIVAE: Makoto JJBA: Jotaro "Yare Yare Daze..."
#104Link2B125Posted 11/15/2012 7:55:57 AM
ITT: Crying about KDR being affected by joining a losing team makes the game less enjoyable even though it affects gameplay 0%.

I got news for you TC, in case you hadn't already figured it out. It's just a game and your stats mean absolutely nothing. Not to anyone. Just play and be happy.

It's not about KDR, you dolt, it's about the fact that it isn't fun to play a 4v3, or to join a game in progress, get a loss, and then have everyone get split up again. Get reading comprehension, plebe.
---
XBLGT: Sanzaru PSN: TheRealSanzaru
SSFIVAE: Makoto JJBA: Jotaro "Yare Yare Daze..."
#105DT ProPosted 11/15/2012 8:06:11 AM
I think it would be fine if after a game if you stay in the lobby, but other people leave, it filled the game before starting. The game right now sees that it's full, assumes it is staying full, and just starts the game. Even if 3 or 4 people leave. If they all happened to be on the same team that just makes it even worse.
---
"Nobody in the world has lived the next minute." --Dr. Henry D'Antonio
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57547
#106Alternative_1Posted 11/15/2012 8:58:05 AM
__bale posted...
how can anyone even argue with sloppy? lol, we got some blind fanboys and/or some people still blinded by the novelty.

the matchmaking system in this game is ATROCIOUS. i have not played a full 4v4 game since day 2. not once. seriously, not once. most games i play are 4v3 (keep in mind, this isnt someone quitting. this is, in the lobby, before the game has ever started, my team of 4 gets matched with a team of 3, and then the team of 3 never gets one). all other games i join are join in progress, and typically those are 1) over halfway done, 2) some weird combination like 4v2 or 3v1. it's completely unplayable, even when you have a team! theres also absolutely no penalty for quitting now. zero. when i do get a 4v4 match, then, typically, when either team goes up by 10, people start dropping. because, why the hell not?

i also for the most part, disagree with sloppy that the core gameplay mechanics are all that great.. theyre fun (even armor abilities are very well balanced and enjoyable), but the flinch mechanic is ruining a lot for me. snipers are so incredibly overpowered. i usually get 9 headshots with a beam rifle.

I think the issue is that most people have an average TruSkill (by definition) so they don't run into the same problems as someone with a higher level will. With a lower population pool to draw players from (as you'll see at the higher skill levels) the matchmaking system of starting with uneven teams and joining in progress simply doesn't work. This is especially exacerbated by the fact that, if you're good, 4v3 is a huge disadvantage, whereas for your average group it's not a big deal.

That said, I think mechanically the game is fantastic. Probably too large hitboxes and the lack of custom options could yet ruin the game if they're not opened up properly, but it's still a lot of fun.
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#107Yell0wsn0wPosted 11/15/2012 9:34:26 AM
OPs use of "literally" literally made me cringe.
---
im surprised im even allowed karma
#108NixemoPosted 11/15/2012 9:36:55 AM
ExuNavarinIdara posted...
It's a double-edged sword. Being the one in a four on one is NOT fun.

Literally happens to me a third of the time, which sucks cause I really like the MP in this game. :/
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#109__balePosted 11/15/2012 9:42:34 AM
__bale posted...

That said, I think mechanically the game is fantastic. Probably too large hitboxes and the lack of custom options could yet ruin the game if they're not opened up properly, but it's still a lot of fun.

the extreme lack of custom options is just weird, not sure why they removed things like 1 flag (which is just one example of numerous of ridiculous subtractions of options). the game is definitely enjoyable so far, but the lack of getting consistent 4v4 matches in matchmaking is really lame, which is such a downer because trueskill seems to be working well. on day 1, i was smashing colonel grade 3s all day, but now i am playing really good players evey game.
#110TuSoKa67Posted 11/15/2012 9:44:13 AM
SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY posted...
Core gameplay is amazing, matchmaking system is horrendous. Customs are the only way I can have fun with this game. Very sad.

search with a team

/topic.
---
Gamertag: T u S o K a