Join in progress literally ruined Halo 4.

#111PertySlickPosted 11/15/2012 10:56:24 AM
I love join in progress. I would rather take a chance of joining a losing game than suffering through one where my entire team quits and I must try to stick it out alone with no hope of reinforcements. Plus joining a losing game sometimes gives you the opportunity to make a climactic come back which is always amazing and fun.
#112Alternative_1Posted 11/15/2012 10:56:30 AM
__bale posted...
__bale posted...

That said, I think mechanically the game is fantastic. Probably too large hitboxes and the lack of custom options could yet ruin the game if they're not opened up properly, but it's still a lot of fun.

the extreme lack of custom options is just weird, not sure why they removed things like 1 flag (which is just one example of numerous of ridiculous subtractions of options). the game is definitely enjoyable so far, but the lack of getting consistent 4v4 matches in matchmaking is really lame, which is such a downer because trueskill seems to be working well. on day 1, i was smashing colonel grade 3s all day, but now i am playing really good players evey game.

Yeah, I definitely seem to get matched up with a bunch of tryhards way more than I'd like. :[

Hopefully MLG can force 4v4's only with no join in progress or anything.
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#113Driice420Posted 11/15/2012 10:59:00 AM
Most of my games are fine... I mostly play Slayer and SWAT, but I think you're over over dramatizing this
#114SupaflyGibsonPosted 11/15/2012 11:43:15 AM
Yeah its not that great to join a game in progress, but when people quit from your game it is nice to have people join. Also if you just put up woth that one game the rest are guarenteed to be full games as long as you dont change playlists.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#115Alternative_1Posted 11/15/2012 12:38:48 PM
Joining a 1v5 KotH sure is fun!!
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#116iRGushPosted 11/15/2012 12:42:37 PM
__bale posted...
i also for the most part, disagree with sloppy that the core gameplay mechanics are all that great.. theyre fun (even armor abilities are very well balanced and enjoyable), but the flinch mechanic is ruining a lot for me. snipers are so incredibly overpowered. i usually get 9 headshots with a beam rifle.

Not getting knocked out of scope significantly lowers the skill gap and is outright a terrible mechanic, no idea why they changed something that worked perfectly. Armour abilities are still on the fence to me, they do nothing but slow down gameplay / and or break the map flow (jetpack), they should honestly just be map pick ups. Beam rifle just has a ton of aim assist, noscoping literally locks onto their head up close. Game mechanics are pretty good for the most part, just some things that need to be fixed and the weapon sandbox.

Moukaryuu posted...
ITT: Crying about KDR being affected by joining a losing team makes the game less enjoyable even though it affects gameplay 0%.

I got news for you TC, in case you hadn't already figured it out. It's just a game and your stats mean absolutely nothing. Not to anyone. Just play and be happy.

Not everyone has fun losing like you do, other people enjoy the game differently. It also completely affects gameplay if I'm being shot at off spawn and the score is 470-120, how on earth am I supposed to do anything when the other team already got all their ordinance.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush
#117lord_wazooPosted 11/15/2012 12:50:30 PM
one minor thing that bugs me is you can't move while checking the scoreboard :/
---
Scutchyy
#118deepshadow4125Posted 11/15/2012 12:54:03 PM
Rotational Playlists have also helped ruin Halo 4. Who the heck wants to play a game (potentially one they love) for a week and then it's gone?
---
C.C.: Lelouch, do you know why snow is white? Snow is white, because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be.
#119iRGushPosted 11/15/2012 12:59:19 PM
Reach may have been bad, but atleast it had a decent matchmaking system.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush
#120__balePosted 11/15/2012 1:09:58 PM

add me on xbl gt bale elab bale