Join in progress literally ruined Halo 4.

#21SomnambulisticPosted 11/14/2012 6:40:22 PM
Play with people you know, problem solved.

Doesn't that kinda fix your problem too?
---
Ab-so-lutely.
#22FridgeBeardPosted 11/14/2012 6:40:23 PM
I had a 4v2 earlier today in SWAT, with the one other guy on my team being AFK. The other team started taking too long to get kills though and soon more people joined and the one guy came back. We ended up winning by a rather large amount.

I prefer this system to just playing 4v2 and likely getting my ass handed to me once they realized they could zerg.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/fridgebeard
The only thing people hate more than stagnancy is change.
#23SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 6:43:15 PM
ElderPredator12 posted...
Play with people you know, problem solved.

Doesn't that kinda fix your problem too?

Part of it, see the part up there ^ where I point out how the system starts up landslide games because it relies on JIP.

When i'm playing with a to5 I want to play a 5v5.

Not a 5v2 for the first 3 minutes, then a 5v3/5v4 on and off for the next 5 while people join and quit repeatedly because theyre many men down. Then it's FINALLY a 5v5 for 3 minutes, game ends and 50% of the lobby leaves, presenting the original problem.

I dunno. Like I said, the game is awesome. Don't get me wrong. This system is brutal however.
---
XBL: s9 Sloppy Twitter: @BJMoulton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxNhLlXaQMY my 2nd reach montage!
#24henson802Posted 11/14/2012 6:44:03 PM
Personally I think join in progress should be on every game.

Every game I would play on Reach teams were uneven.

I really don't see an issue.

People really cry that much cause they join a match in progress on losing team? Lol ... Wow
#25jakethenoobPosted 11/14/2012 6:45:19 PM
ExuNavarinIdara posted...
It's a double-edged sword. Being the one in a four on one is NOT fun.

Then just quit. Problem solved.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#26SR71haloPosted 11/14/2012 6:45:31 PM
I just don't get why Halo needed this system implemented, literally makes no sense.

To solve the quitter problem mostly. At least when people quit this time, it's nice to know that they can be replaced as opposed to being screwed from the beginning.
---
Now Leave!
#27zeroboboPosted 11/14/2012 6:46:15 PM
SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY posted...
xxDarthTersanxx posted...
Yeah, way worse than being autoscrewed when you lose teammates and spend the rest of the game outnumbered.

Play with people you know, problem solved. Don't have anyone to play with? Make friends. Isn't hard.

I'd take being screwed once in a blue moon without teammates over being screwed in 80% of the games I search for.

oh i know how oyu can avoid joining games that are in progress!!!

Play with people you know, problem solved. Don't have anyone to play with? Make friends. Isn't hard.

you see, when you join games in progress there have to be open slots in a match, if you join in a group, very rarely will any games have a large number of slots open.
#28SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 6:46:32 PM
SR71halo posted...
I just don't get why Halo needed this system implemented, literally makes no sense.

To solve the quitter problem mostly. At least when people quit this time, it's nice to know that they can be replaced as opposed to being screwed from the beginning.

By "solving" the quitter problem you also encourage quitting more. IDGI.
---
#29cobaltlotusPosted 11/14/2012 6:46:40 PM
Like I said....the gameplay is good. No complaints about game mechanics at all....

Joining a match thats halfway underway in regicide is ridiculous. 9/10 games in SWAT are already in progress. I just don't get why Halo needed this system implemented, literally makes no sense. I can't have fun playing MM alone because I can never get in a solid game. When I play with a full team we get put in lobbies that are 5v0 and then it wastes a 2xp game of mine. It's impossible to get into a BTB game that isn't halfway underway alone, from my experience. I don't get how anyone can actually enjoy this system.

People are literally encouraged to quit more now that there's no penalty. Ironic that something designed to fill lobbies to balance quitters promotes the behavior it seeks to stop.

However, the skill system does a good job of matching you against competent people after like 15 games in any playlist, I must give that credit.

Quit playing the bad playlists then. LOL
---
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is god tier. There, I said it.
http://goo.gl/6MEyA ~ Please click!
#30SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 6:47:56 PM
cobaltlotus posted...
Like I said....the gameplay is good. No complaints about game mechanics at all....

Joining a match thats halfway underway in regicide is ridiculous. 9/10 games in SWAT are already in progress. I just don't get why Halo needed this system implemented, literally makes no sense. I can't have fun playing MM alone because I can never get in a solid game. When I play with a full team we get put in lobbies that are 5v0 and then it wastes a 2xp game of mine. It's impossible to get into a BTB game that isn't halfway underway alone, from my experience. I don't get how anyone can actually enjoy this system.

People are literally encouraged to quit more now that there's no penalty. Ironic that something designed to fill lobbies to balance quitters promotes the behavior it seeks to stop.

However, the skill system does a good job of matching you against competent people after like 15 games in any playlist, I must give that credit.

Quit playing the bad playlists then. LOL

Lol, I know hahaha. Kinda getting what I deserve.
---