Join in progress literally ruined Halo 4.

#41CharityDiaryPosted 11/14/2012 7:58:24 PM
YoungGun00 posted...
I think I've said this before, but the game feels empty to me. Because of this cod-like loadout system, they eliminated regular weapon spawns (which I don't really understand in the slightest)

What happened to fighting for the power weapons, along with knowing when and where they were going to spawn, which could then turn the tide of the game, etc. Once you break through the shell of the novelty of a new Halo game, it's just... empty.

I agree.
#42SR71haloPosted 11/14/2012 8:04:27 PM
CharityDiary posted...
SR71halo posted...
SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY posted...
SR71halo posted...
I just don't get why Halo needed this system implemented, literally makes no sense.

To solve the quitter problem mostly. At least when people quit this time, it's nice to know that they can be replaced as opposed to being screwed from the beginning.

By "solving" the quitter problem you also encourage quitting more. IDGI.

Quitting isn't a big issue if quitters can be replaced.

Why do you need to replace the quitters? The losing team always quits. So what? LET THEM LOSE.

The people that join in the middle of the match HATE joining in the middle of the match! They don't want to be on the losing team and/or waste one of their Double XP games. People should just suck it up and take the loss.

Because it's annoying when you lose because half the team quits? I realize there are justifiable reasons for quitting, but it's still annoying.
---
Now Leave!
#43CharityDiaryPosted 11/14/2012 8:05:44 PM
SR71halo posted...
CharityDiary posted...
SR71halo posted...
SR71halo posted...
I just don't get why Halo needed this system implemented, literally makes no sense.

To solve the quitter problem mostly. At least when people quit this time, it's nice to know that they can be replaced as opposed to being screwed from the beginning.

By "solving" the quitter problem you also encourage quitting more. IDGI.

Quitting isn't a big issue if quitters can be replaced.

Why do you need to replace the quitters? The losing team always quits. So what? LET THEM LOSE.

The people that join in the middle of the match HATE joining in the middle of the match! They don't want to be on the losing team and/or waste one of their Double XP games. People should just suck it up and take the loss.

Because it's annoying when you lose because half the team quits? I realize there are justifiable reasons for quitting, but it's still annoying.

But your teammates quit because you were losing... So you should lose....

Just another fine example of how 343 caters to children. Everyone must be on a level playing field AT ALL TIMES, no matter their skill level.
#44xxDarthTersanxxPosted 11/14/2012 8:06:19 PM
xxDarthTersanxx posted...
Yeah, way worse than being autoscrewed when you lose teammates and spend the rest of the game outnumbered.

Play with people you know, problem solved. Don't have anyone to play with? Make friends. Isn't hard.

I'd take being screwed once in a blue moon without teammates over being screwed in 80% of the games I search for.

I do, actually, which is why I've never been dumped in to the middle of a losing match (or winning, for that matter) because it's rather difficult to find an ongoing match missing the bulk of its team. Likewise, I haven't started a match shorthanded for the same reason.

Take your own advice, then, as it sounds like the perfect solution to your problem.
---
Member of the Super Ethical Genki Hunters [Saints Row: The Third]
#45ScottMiesterPosted 11/14/2012 8:07:34 PM
So... if the game is almost over, stay with it for the remaining two minutes, and then start a new game with that group?
#46The DevourerPosted 11/14/2012 8:08:28 PM
Yeah, it's so much worse than having a game where half of your team is permanently gone.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#47WebstedgePosted 11/14/2012 8:10:48 PM
Yeah, way worse than being autoscrewed when you lose teammates and spend the rest of the game outnumbered.

this

I'll take join in progress any day
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#48jesse_skaterPosted 11/14/2012 8:12:04 PM
Webstedge posted...

this

I'll take join in progress any day

No
---
XBL: xO JESSE Ox
if I'm challenging one shot, I'm not trying-Bale
#49Seantkd92Posted 11/14/2012 8:14:15 PM
I would still rather join a game that I am about to lose and just wait in that lobby for the next game than be guaranteed a loss right from the beginning because half of my team just left at the loading screen.
#50SR71haloPosted 11/14/2012 8:17:53 PM
CharityDiary posted...

But your teammates quit because you were losing... So you should lose.

Just another fine example of how 343 caters to children. Everyone must be on a level playing field AT ALL TIMES, no matter their skill level.

Not always. I've joined games where my team was already winning. Sure most of the time it's a losing team, but who knows, the newer players can help turn it around. It's better to keep the teams balanced and not have to worry about people dropping out, sounds fair to me.
---
Now Leave!