Join in progress literally ruined Halo 4.

#61GrimnoPosted 11/14/2012 9:36:02 PM
What drives me insane isn't when you click the gametype and it throws you in a game in progress.
it's after the match you're in is over, and everyone is in the lobby, then suddenly everyone is split up and put into matches that are already in progress!

First time it happened I was like '...what happened to map vote?"
---
~Grimno (The Eccentric Gamer) "I don't need luck, I have ammo."
Dragon's Dogma Pawn - Ridmond
#62ImA_AcTa_FooLPosted 11/14/2012 9:36:20 PM
i dont really have any troubles with the system. maybe its just lower levels with noobs that quit out a lot. maybe you whiners need to get better
---
theres a thousand yous theres only one of me
#63mattislegionPosted 11/14/2012 9:41:01 PM
He's right. Matchmaking is stupid in this game.

Parties paired with non-parties.
Games start with uneven teams.
No penalty for quitting at all.
Get thrown into losing game after losing game, which wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that ordinance drops and the level design give the winning team such a giant advantage that it's almost impossible to come back.

It's kind of a joke how bad the matchmaking is.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#64xoAxeloxPosted 11/14/2012 9:46:47 PM
matchmaking is undoubtedly bad right now. join in progress isnt the problem, its the fact that games start with unbalanced teams... even cod does a better job because it waits until teams are balanced before the game begins

if they bring back normal weapon spawns ill be happy. weapons have set spawns at the beginning and basically dont respawn ever again and when they do its in random spots with giant cursors over them
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#65lderivedxPosted 11/14/2012 9:56:27 PM
I remember when people said the new weapon spawn system would take more skill because you couldn't just hold one area of the map.
---
Derive's posts... actually revolve around logic and reasoning. I enjoy reading them. - MIxeD
#66xoAxeloxPosted 11/14/2012 9:57:26 PM
lol

its the complete opposite. when you get the lead you dont have to push anywhere because you have absolutely no reason to and it makes the game play horribly on maps like adrift.
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#67mattislegionPosted 11/14/2012 9:57:43 PM
lderivedx posted...
I remember when people said the new weapon spawn system would take more skill because you couldn't just hold one area of the map.

The vast majority of the maps are of the "Hold the high middle ground = win the game" variety.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#68PatchTuesdayPosted 11/14/2012 9:59:58 PM
I've always thought that there should be an option for join in progress, so you can set it to never put you in a game that's always underway.
---
GT: Stringslayer420
#69RanmaRanmaPosted 11/14/2012 10:01:18 PM
wall glitches ruined Halo 4.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#70bd0g5Posted 11/14/2012 10:01:41 PM
xoAxelox posted...
matchmaking is undoubtedly bad right now. join in progress isnt the problem, its the fact that games start with unbalanced teams... even cod does a better job because it waits until teams are balanced before the game begins

if they bring back normal weapon spawns ill be happy. weapons have set spawns at the beginning and basically dont respawn ever again and when they do its in random spots with giant cursors over them

Yeah that too, kids should stop complaining and take 30 seconds to learn weapon spawn times. It's sad when even reach had that right.
---
I like turtles