Master chief vs Iron Man

#101SterlingFoxPosted 11/15/2012 4:30:24 PM
LazHarshaw posted...
jakisthe posted...
But it still bring up the question, which explosion is stronger. A nuke in the Marvel universe (which is still very close to our nukes) might mot be as strong as a mini nuke in the Halo Universe. You know, BS physics.

Well, the Halo wiki says that the most powerful ground nuke is 30MT, whereas the most powerful actual nuke that's ever been detonated is 50MT. Other UNSC nukes could have different yields, but that's the highest one I could get a source on.

This is assuming that chief doesn't have access to a NOVA bomb, which seems very, very likely.

Fury Tactical Nuclear Weapon- Nuclear grenade- 1 mt
HAVOK tactical nuclear weapon- 30 mt described as being fairly small

Do you know how strong the nuke was that hit Iron man?

I want facts people, not fanboyism.

It doesn't even matter how strong the nuke was, because the fact remains that Master Chief does not have nuclear bombs of any strength. The only thing that matters is whether the nuke was stronger than Master Chief's strongest weapon, the Spartan Laser. In which case, yes. It was.

Enough of your Fanboyism. Chief would lose.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#102LazHarshawPosted 11/15/2012 5:14:14 PM
SterlingFox posted...
LazHarshaw posted...
jakisthe posted...
But it still bring up the question, which explosion is stronger. A nuke in the Marvel universe (which is still very close to our nukes) might mot be as strong as a mini nuke in the Halo Universe. You know, BS physics.

Well, the Halo wiki says that the most powerful ground nuke is 30MT, whereas the most powerful actual nuke that's ever been detonated is 50MT. Other UNSC nukes could have different yields, but that's the highest one I could get a source on.

This is assuming that chief doesn't have access to a NOVA bomb, which seems very, very likely.

Fury Tactical Nuclear Weapon- Nuclear grenade- 1 mt
HAVOK tactical nuclear weapon- 30 mt described as being fairly small

Do you know how strong the nuke was that hit Iron man?

I want facts people, not fanboyism.

It doesn't even matter how strong the nuke was, because the fact remains that Master Chief does not have nuclear bombs of any strength. The only thing that matters is whether the nuke was stronger than Master Chief's strongest weapon, the Spartan Laser. In which case, yes. It was.

Enough of your Fanboyism. Chief would lose.

SL is no where near his strongest weapon, it's situational anti-vehicle.
And how is trying to get information fanboyism? I never gave an opinion on who would win besides some blatant joke comments because no one is actually trying to compare their strengths and weaknesses, just blurting out impressive feats that probably contradict their original creators canon. Hey guess what, Ironman use actually needed to recharge his suit back when Stan Lee wrote him, you know gave the superheros weaknesses to overcome, not just being all awesome and all powerful. And in the books a full suited Spartan was weaker then an Elite, which MC kills without problem in gameplay.

Ironman had over 40 years to build his character to the point he could survive a nuclear blast. Give the Chief that time and he'd reflect Halo's fire with his wrist.

Now that my rant is over, I'll go back to using information and deduction to figure out who would win.

Going from Screwattack's deathbattle result, I believe the bubble shield would stop most of Ironman's arsenal, however it would limit Chief's mobility.

How would an energy sword or plasma grenade fair against Ironman's suit?
#103lolyhackPosted 11/15/2012 6:09:12 PM
jakisthe posted...

Mmmm Tsar Bomba, leave it to the Russians to make an over powered nuke. XD
---
Unsliced bread is under hyped I give it a 10.
~~Lolyhack.
#104Blade_Of_IcePosted 11/15/2012 6:10:26 PM
are we talkin movie iron man or comicbook iron man?
#105mahgah91Posted 11/15/2012 6:17:56 PM
LazHarshaw posted...
SL is no where near his strongest weapon, it's situational anti-vehicle.
And how is trying to get information fanboyism? I never gave an opinion on who would win besides some blatant joke comments because no one is actually trying to compare their strengths and weaknesses, just blurting out impressive feats that probably contradict their original creators canon. Hey guess what, Ironman use actually needed to recharge his suit back when Stan Lee wrote him, you know gave the superheros weaknesses to overcome, not just being all awesome and all powerful. And in the books a full suited Spartan was weaker then an Elite, which MC kills without problem in gameplay.

Ironman had over 40 years to build his character to the point he could survive a nuclear blast. Give the Chief that time and he'd reflect Halo's fire with his wrist.

Now that my rant is over, I'll go back to using information and deduction to figure out who would win.

Going from Screwattack's deathbattle result, I believe the bubble shield would stop most of Ironman's arsenal, however it would limit Chief's mobility.

How would an energy sword or plasma grenade fair against Ironman's suit?

Iron Man has plenty of weaknesses. He does still need to charge, an EMP will absolutely destroy his suit beyond repair and his suit is far from invincible. That said, Iron Man just outmatches MC in every single way. MC could kill Tony with multiple plasma grenades stuck directly to his suit, but that's really not likely. same with Energy Sword, it could probably do a number on the suit but Iron Man can easily get out of range of MC's deadliest weapons.

Seriously. There's no way MC could win against Iron Man without lots of luck/deus ex machina.
#106DarkAdonis123Posted 11/15/2012 6:20:40 PM
As much as I like Chief, he can't **** with Iron Man.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#107ETS_ZeroPosted 11/15/2012 6:25:27 PM
MC is bada$$ no one can really argue that,that being said IM flys in whips out proton cannon and its over
#108PixelDaemonPosted 11/15/2012 6:38:07 PM
A Lower Class Brat posted...
Unfair.

Should be Captain America VS Master Chief.

And Dr. Manhattan VS Iron Man.

This is a closer fight...well, no, the bottom one isn't fair but the top is.

Maybe if MC was an augmented marine from Warhammer 40k, he'd stand a chance. Not like this.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#109DarkstaPosted 11/15/2012 7:04:59 PM
How is this topic still going?

Luck is not a skill it a pro.

Master chief has no weaponin his arsenal that could hurt Iron Man. iron Man could flip a scarab on its back like it was nothing; his punch alone would kill Master Chief.

His suit is immune to EMP.

He is able to absorb multiple forms of energy including Cylclops eye beams (which were discovered to be possibly infinite in the amount of energy it can produce since its accessing something similar to a pocket dimension for the energy) and thors call of lightning strikes. He then uses that energy for augment his strength, speed, and power.

Wanna know what happens if Master Chief uses the Spartan Laser on him? Iron Man absorbs the laser and blows up a bloody halo.

Iron Man shrugged off a point blank nuclear warhead on 2% shields while thinking of his next lay and alcohol beverage. You know what Master Chief shrugs off at 2% shield strength? Nothing. An elite punches him and he dies.

Did I mention that Tony is capable of communicating and interfacing with all electronic devices. With. His. Mind?

Master Chief loses.

This is a curb stomp.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#110Doubleglock18Posted 11/15/2012 7:36:17 PM
like others have said, movie Iron Man (who i am inclined to go with since it makes it more interesting and less stupid) versus MC is a very close fight, and i would give the fight to Chief most likely.

to clarify, movie IM was still capable of being damaged, which comic book IM is pretty much invulnerable to unless you're the physical manifestation of death a this point. i mean come on the comic universe has a metal that magically nullifies all kinetic force used against it. which is for all intents and purposes god-mode. then they came up with an alloy that is stronger. O.o

yeah so i'm gonna go with MC versus Movie IM who is much more reasonable. i'd like to point out that Movie Tony's smarts aren't THAT useful on the battlefield. overcoming a technological obstacle is one thing, beating someone raised for war in tactics is something else. there was a reason Captain America was calling the shots.

if its an open field, then yes IM movie or otherwise is going to win. no cover? please MC is done even with his most recent upgrades to his suit. he wouldn't set himself up that way anyway, as any half trained soldier would know. IM would try to draw chief out into the open so he could utilize his own strengths mobility and flight. in an urban environment, it would be tough to see who comes out on top. though i suppose IM could just fly high and endlessly bombard wherever he thinks chief is.

so i figure under the most fair conditions we can put forth, (urban environment, Movie level IM, Chief using Cortana i guess, but he won't be hacking stuff probably) it comes down to weapons. idk the strength of the human arsenal, but that rocket launcher is too slow to hit IM, but i would assume bullets are better than what we have now. plasma weapons will be a fine tool against IM, but will he have them? anti-material rifles? they would do damage, i wouldn't suspect a one-shot, but damage. gravity hammer? idk how it works so maybe, but if it relies entirely on brute strength, i doubt IM won't be able to at least block it and mitigate a good amount of damage.

in any case, if MC is caught out in the open, IM takes the win. missles, repulsors, rockets or ridiculous strength, plus those nifty lasers, MC is in for a difficult fight. it'll be a war of attrition and a crap ton of luck. theoretically MC can wear down IM, but one good shot from IM will finish MC. i still give the battle instinct to MC, Tony is a genius, not all-knowing. firepower goes to Tony no doubt, unless covie weapons and prothean weapons are that much more advanced (always a possibility). eh close match. i go for Master Chief, but IM winning isn't a stretch at all.

armorless MC versus Captain America w/o the shield would be interesting.....
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!