Master chief vs Iron Man

#81SterlingFoxPosted 11/15/2012 3:53:53 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
Wow, this would actually be a pretty awesome, close fight. They each have advantages and disadvantages.

The Master Chief: Pros:
- His armor is about 2000 lbs., so he's heavier and has more mass. Being tackled by the Chief would be like getting hit by a train.
- He has more combat experience. About 40 years of it.
- He could use virtually anything as a weapon.
- Extremely lucky and survived tougher odds.

The Master Chief: Cons:
- He uses guns mostly, so they're almost ineffective against Iron Man. That means bludgeons or hand-to-hand combat only.
- He'd be forced to fight on the ground, unless he uses a Jet Pack for short bursts.

Iron Man: Pros:
- He has a large arsenal of weapons built into his armor.
- He has indefinite flight, and thus has the high ground.
- He has dozens of suits of armor to fit a variety of different situations.
- His repulsor blast. and uni-beams are quite strong.

Iron Man: Cons:
- He's an alcoholic, so his judgement would be impaired.
- We don't know to what degree how strong his repulsor blasts are against the shielding of MJOLNIR armor. If they're as strong against the Chief as Sentinel beams, then Iron Man may be in trouble.
- Tony Stark is the kind of guy who would just call in the rest of the Avengers to help him fight the Chief, so even though he could get the win that way, it would be a shameful victory, if it could even be called HIS victory (the Hulk would probably be the one who delivers the killing attack, or maybe even Thor).

About Chief's "Pros"
- Trains weight more than 2000 lbs. Getting tacked by Chief would be like getting hit by a car (which does weight 2000 lbs), which is something that doesn't even slow Ironman down.
- He doesn't have any combat experience against an enemy like Ironman. So that doesn't mean anything.
- Ironman gets hit with tank shells multiple times, which just knock him down until he gets up perfectly fine. None of Chief's archaic weapons could damage Ironman's armor, even with sustained fire. Ironman even meets the Xmen at one point and is hit by Cyclops laser, meaning the Spartan Laser is out.
- Luck does not mean he cannot die. I'm going to pretend that stupid pro wasn't even included.

About Ironman's Cons:
- He's an alcoholic? Really? Its like "He's a diabetic, so... ya know.. Sugar might come out of the walls." That's a very desperate con, and we won't even acknowledge it's mention.
- Ironman has an EMP generator in his armor. We know from experience that EMPs disable Chief's shields.
- Calling friends is not a con. What the **** are you even doing?

This is not a close fight, people. This is Ironman flying up to Chief at Mach 2 and clothes-lining him, instantly killing and potentially decapitating Chief.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#82SterlingFoxPosted 11/15/2012 3:56:03 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
The Master Chief was attacked by a UNSC Skyhawk at part of a training exercise to test how effectively the Chief and Cortana could work together (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Skyhawk_Fighter) and the Chief *****-slapped the missile out of the air.

This was in the Fall of Reach novel.

And that's just his Mark IV armor from Halo 1. He's up to Mark VI now.

Thank you for that information, but why are you telling me that?
---
Underwater Spartans:
#83MikDaTvPosted 11/15/2012 3:57:40 PM
patkelly929 posted...
DryCell87 posted...
Rebel_G posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Master Chief fell out of space and lived.

So did Iron Man.

Have you seen the Avengers yet?

Then he got some shwarma, like a champion does.

The big difference between Chief falling from space and Iron Man falling from space is that the portal to space where the Chitari were was inside the Earth's atmosphere. Chief went from space to a planet surface, and experienced atmospheric re-entry. Tony didn't have to deal with the heat and such, just a clean enter and exit through a portal.

I give that one to Chief.

But still, Thor.

I laugh every time someone brings this up.

Atmospheric retry is not a catch all term for fireball coming from the sky. Gravity effects all objects equally. If its chief or iron man, it doesn't matter. They would fall, accelerating until they hit their terminal velocity, which would be pretty similar to one another since their both man sized objects. It wouldn't be fireball generating speed, nor would it be so fast that they would just disintegrate upon hitting the ground.

The fact that they survived these falls is not a testament to how tough they are, but to how willing the writers were to abandon physics for rule of cool.
---
BONESAW IS READY!!!!! to join the Downing 213 Gaming Clan
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Downing_213/index/
#84LazHarshawPosted 11/15/2012 3:58:08 PM
Iron Man is just a rich spoiled Gary Stu with little character development besides being a robot copy of Batman.

This was an experiment to see if stupidity could kill someone.
#85Maxx_the_SlashPosted 11/15/2012 4:01:50 PM
Although I gave the pros and cons of both of them, I'd have to side with the Master Chief just based on his luck and 40 years of stealth and combat training.

However, I could say the Marvel Zombies (Earth Z) version of Iron Man has an excellent chance of killing the Master Chief, more so than any other version of Iron Man.

In Marvel Zombies, he took down Silver Surfer with a few other zombified heroes, devoured the Surfer and gained his Power Cosmic. He could fire silver beams of energy. Then he, along with Zombie Hulk, Zombie Spider-Man, Zombie Power Man, Zombie Giant Man, and Zombie Wolverine used their absorbed Power Cosmic (along with an energy beam Zombie Bruce Banner and Zombie Giant Man made) to weaken Galactus enough to eat Galactus and absorb HIS power too. They could then fly in space and devour planets like Galactus could. All of this while Zombie Iron Man still had access to his normal flight, weapons and genius.

Master Chief = no match for Zombie Iron Man. Against other versions of Iron Man, the Chief has a pretty good chance of beating any one of them.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984
#86Maxx_the_SlashPosted 11/15/2012 4:04:27 PM
SterlingFox posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
The Master Chief was attacked by a UNSC Skyhawk at part of a training exercise to test how effectively the Chief and Cortana could work together (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Skyhawk_Fighter) and the Chief *****-slapped the missile out of the air.

This was in the Fall of Reach novel.

And that's just his Mark IV armor from Halo 1. He's up to Mark VI now.

Thank you for that information, but why are you telling me that?

Because despite slapping the missile out of the air, it still exploded and the Chief survived it's blast. The difference is between the Chief and Iron Man is that Iron Man survived a tank shell, while the Chief survived a ****ing MISSILE.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984
#87SterlingFoxPosted 11/15/2012 4:04:33 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
Although I gave the pros and cons of both of them

You didn't give any Pros for chief, and you didn't give any Cons for Ironman.

What are you talking about?
---
Underwater Spartans:
#88SterlingFoxPosted 11/15/2012 4:15:55 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
Because despite slapping the missile out of the air, it still exploded and the Chief survived it's blast. The difference is between the Chief and Iron Man is that Iron Man survived a tank shell, while the Chief survived a ****ing MISSILE.

I think I get what you're saying though. You told me about Chief slapping a missile to assure me that yes, you don't know at all what Ironman is capable of and thus have no intelligent say in this discussion. Did I get that right?

Here, let me demonstrate what I mean by "Who gives a **** that Chief survived a missile explosion". Enjoy:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_(Anthony_%22Tony%22_Stark)

"Tony is very confident in his suit's defensive abilities, when he was caught in a nuclear explosion, he was only thinking about women and completely forgot about what was happening around him."

Tell me again about what Chief's armor has survived. We'll compare it and see who comes out on top for durability.
---
Underwater Spartans:
#89LazHarshawPosted 11/15/2012 4:19:01 PM
SterlingFox posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

I think I get what you're saying though. You told me about Chief slapping a missile to assure me that yes, you don't know at all what Ironman is capable of and thus have no intelligent say in this discussion. Did I get that right?

Here, let me demonstrate what I mean by "Who gives a **** that Chief survived a missile explosion". Enjoy:

"Tony is very confident in his suit's defensive abilities, when he was caught in a nuclear explosion, he was only thinking about women and completely forgot about what was happening around him."

Tell me again about what Chief's armor has survived. We'll compare it and see who comes out on top for durability.

Aren't nukes standard ship ammunition in the Halo universe?
#90jakisthePosted 11/15/2012 4:24:50 PM(edited)
SterlingFox posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

Aren't nukes standard ship ammunition in the Halo universe?

No, railgun rounds are.