This game brought back the memory of Halo3 but...

#1BloodLoverForeverPosted 11/16/2012 1:41:15 AM
I have played few sessions so far, I played all Halo even ODST and this seems the best one so far, however as a fan of Halo 3 I feel this is has more from 3 than Reach which is a good thing since I hated reach, anyway my questions:

1. I played big team MP with brothers, now I noticed there are three loadouts only, what happened to the rest, are they upgradable? I hated loadouts indeed and was happy to not see the jet pack although I am sure it is somewhere there!

2. How would you know how many people did you kill? I only see points at the end of the game but no number of kills?

3. The game is azimgly solid but what is the deal with being similar to CoD? I haven't seen any kill streak or even kill cam, am I missing something here!
---
BLF
#2ox0shadow0xoPosted 11/16/2012 1:48:41 AM
1.There are some default loadouts depending on the playlist and then you have your own customizable loadouts as well. You can customize up to 5, but you unlock them as you level, they aren't all available at once. Jetpacks are still around although you can't stay in the air as long as with reach.

2. Press the back button during a match and it shows everyone's kills next to their score. Press back after a match and it gives more details that you can browse through.

3. 343 took some ideas from CoD, take that how you will. There are kill cams on certain modes, but they're laggy so it doesn't looke like they actually shoot you when you watch it. We get ordinance drops instead of kill streaks. You can die and still have and ordinance drop and your 3 choices are random so it's better IMO. Rewards everyone that gets kills rather than the people that camp and never die.
---
360 games completed 100% retail: Armored Core 4, FF13, FF13-2, Force Unleashed 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, The Last Remnant, SSX.
#3BloodLoverForever(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 2:22:55 AM
ox0shadow0xo posted...
1.There are some default loadouts depending on the playlist and then you have your own customizable loadouts as well. You can customize up to 5, but you unlock them as you level, they aren't all available at once. Jetpacks are still around although you can't stay in the air as long as with reach.

2. Press the back button during a match and it shows everyone's kills next to their score. Press back after a match and it gives more details that you can browse through.

3. 343 took some ideas from CoD, take that how you will. There are kill cams on certain modes, but they're laggy so it doesn't looke like they actually shoot you when you watch it. We get ordinance drops instead of kill streaks. You can die and still have and ordinance drop and your 3 choices are random so it's better IMO. Rewards everyone that gets kills rather than the people that camp and never die.

Many thanks man, I guess this explains why no one has used the jet pack in the games that I've played so far.

The ordinance sounds interesting I guess my brother had one when he used a big giant machine that look like a robot. I hope it is not about missiles or helicopters coming from the sky and kill everyone in the field!
---
BLF
#4VoidBeyondPosted 11/16/2012 2:45:23 AM
Also, Ordnance fills up due to medals, not kills.
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.
#5ox0shadow0xoPosted 11/16/2012 2:46:39 AM
BloodLoverForever posted...
ox0shadow0xo posted...

Many thanks man, I guess this explains why no one has used the jet pack in the games that I've played so far.

The ordinance sounds interesting I guess my brother had one when he used a big giant machine that look like a robot. I hope it is not about missiles or helicopters coming from the sky and kill everyone in the field!

Nah, it's nowhere near as bad as killstreaks. It gives you a choice between one of three random choices and then it resets the gauge for it after you pick. You can get weapons(basically anyy weapon except the ones you start with), grenades or power ups(speed boost, damage boost or over shield) as your choices. I think it was their attempt at stopping teams from controlling weapon spawns on a map.
---
360 games completed 100% retail: Armored Core 4, FF13, FF13-2, Force Unleashed 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, The Last Remnant, SSX.
#6BloodLoverForever(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 2:54:52 AM
Many thanks guys, the more I know about this game the more I like. I can't wait to upgrade my Internet speed and play it again
---
BLF
#7Demon SlicerPosted 11/16/2012 2:59:25 AM(edited)
however as a fan of Halo 3 I feel this is has more from 3 than Reach which is a good thing since I hated reach

I don't see how, it has far more in common with Reach than it does Halo 3.

Sprint, AA's, loadouts(though not custom ones in Reach), assassinations, DMR, bloom(on precision weapons), lack of skill based ranking system, meaningless ranks in its place, etc.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#8TruHNIC187Posted 11/16/2012 3:00:31 AM
i think it has something similar to CoD's perk system too. u have your tactical and support upgrades available (Perk 1 & 2) then u get a specialization (Perk 3).
#9VoidBeyondPosted 11/16/2012 3:02:24 AM
Demon Slicer posted...
however as a fan of Halo 3 I feel this is has more from 3 than Reach which is a good thing since I hated reach

Sprint, AA's, loadouts(though not custom ones in Reach), assassinations, DMR, bloom(on precision weapons), lack of skill based ranking system, meaningless ranks in its place, etc.

Because the game FEELS more like 3.
What's wrong with DMR? It has a gun from that gamer is that makes it more common to Reach than 3?
Bloom is SEVERELY downgraded.
If you haven't heard, Skill Based ranking system coming early next year.
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.
#10BloodLoverForever(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 3:40:02 AM
Demon Slicer posted...

Dude, loadouts were abused in Reach which made me quit the game altogether. Jet packs were really annoying, other loadouts don't even make any sense... the maps were not balanced.
Here maps have a halo 3 feel, I haven't noticed jet packs and loadouts were rarely used and the time they took was way shorter than Halo Reach.
Moreover and this might not be important to you, 3 splitscreen players can plau any mode not limited as Halo Reach.
All this made mee feel they took more of Halo 3 than Reach. Hope it won't get ruined as Halo Reach for me.
---
BLF