Halo 4 my first Xbox game, please help!

#1PatayinPosted 11/16/2012 3:24:06 PM
I've had my 360 for awhile now but this is the very first game i've ever gotten for the 360 and I'm not sure how to set up the HD setting.

I plugged in my HDMI cable and set the video setting to 1080p, but it still doesn't look HD. This can't be the HD setting because Halo 4, though it still looks good, doesn't look quite good as I thought it would be. I remember plugging in my friends 360 on this same TV with the same settings and played Halo 3 a couple years back and Halo looked really good.

I was just playing AC3 on my PS3 and it looked pretty good. Now I don't want to start a console war, this isn't my intention at all, but to those that have both PS3 and 360, is Halo 4 just not look as great as the PS3 titles? Or did I just not set up the HD properly? Cause I know for the PS3 I have to hold down the button to set up the HD. This is my very first 360 game and so I'm not quite familiar with the 360.

Please no "360 is better than PS3" or vice versa, I don't really care for it, I'm just a graphics whore. The game still looks great, but I'm just wondering if there's another way for me to set up the HD setting.
---
PSN: GoldLegends
#2delimanPosted 11/16/2012 3:26:30 PM
Go to system settings from the dashboard and look at your display settings. You should be able to set your resolution from there.
#3ARsignal11Posted 11/16/2012 3:32:49 PM
deliman posted...
Go to system settings from the dashboard and look at your display settings. You should be able to set your resolution from there.

This. Gotta go to system settings and find display. Set it to 1080p and it should take care of your problem.
#4Patayin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 4:19:14 PM
Ahh yes, okay that did it. Thanks a whole lot!!
---
PSN: GoldLegends