Is anyone else tired of having their kills stolen?

#61TemplariShadowPosted 11/16/2012 8:00:33 PM
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...
JRS511 posted...
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...
JRS511 posted...
I shoot every enemy I see. I do not have time to see who else is shooting at them. All it takes is one second of hesitation to lead to my own death. Quit being so childish. People in Gears used to all wait so someone could get "their" kill which a lot of times leads to a teammate dieing.

Uh, who said anything about hesitation: Does it take you that long to read "so-and-so killed so-and-so?"

If it says so and so killed so and so then it means they are already dead and it doesnt matter. I mean if I see someone whos shields have dropped I am still going to shoot at them without hesitation. What if I dont and the original guy shooting at him gets killed then the enemy gets away because I did not want to "steal" a kill.

I misunderstood your post, sorry about that. Those kind of scenarios are understandable, though still annoying. I'm talking about cases where you go into the battle zone, with your teammate hiding behind you - thinking they got your back - and they won't fire off a shot until most of the work has been done.

This sounds like an ego issue. On both sides. There are jerks in the gameworld who are going to do this no matter what. That's the nature of this generation of FPSers. They're little berks and there's nothing you can do to change that. Now, would you rather he be lone wolfing and everyone's getting a 1:1 KD ratio for the match or he shadows you and the overall KDR/Score is slanted more significantly in your team's favor? I dunno about you but in Team Slayer's a score of 1000-720 is far more satisfying than a 1000-970 because it means your team was doing it's job as a team more effectively than the other team. People who suck will get better, the learning curve on this game can be treacherous and the best way for them to learn can be to shadow someone and watch and learn. Annoying little tards who specifically killsteal exclusively to the detriment of team performance or general killstealing past what you can stomach? Finish the match and leave. Team Slayer lasts... 8-9 minutes usually? Collect your EXP and move on.
#62jeriausxPosted 11/16/2012 8:06:04 PM
Knifegash posted...
I like assists, I want to unlock that Sunspot visor.

this
---
GT: Shovel Hunter
#63DrakillionPosted 11/16/2012 8:13:37 PM
I don't mind too much. As long as the enemy is dead, I'm good.
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#64CruorComaPosted 11/16/2012 8:16:15 PM
I just wish that assist detection was better. Sometimes I know I'm the one who dropped an opponents shields but I get nothing for the effort.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#65Halo3GAMEFREAK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 8:29:23 PM
RanmaRanma posted...
I'm going to concede on that point, namely because I don't comprehend your point. Yes, I'm sure it's plain as day and I the fool, but alas, I will decline further comment.

What I want to address is your nonsensical tirade against kill stealing. Rather than focus upon the second portion of my prior post, pick your brain upon the former argument. Kill stealing is not always devious. In fact, many such situations are the direct result of what many players call "team shooting." Team shooting in a team focused playlist should be the norm.

I reaffirm that you should reevaluate your priorities in regards to team based playlists and reassess your clearly mislead way of thinking. That is all.

You couldn't get the message from my TWO sentences? That's really sad. Let me try to phrase it the way an elementary schooler would understand it: it's entirely unrealistic that your teammate would hold his fire because he's afraid of taking your kill, so that "what if" excuse you used for stealing kills sucks balls.

Like I said, I understand that it's a team-based game, and if two guys are shooting at the same enemy then it's fair game. But when you're teammate is watching the battle going down and does nothing to help, then he obviously has an agenda of his own: one that doesn't include HIS kill being swiped away. Just because a particular game is revolved around teamwork doesn't mean that kills can't be stolen: it's absurd to think that way.

As for the other half of your previous post, why do I need to reply to that. You suggested that I change playlists -- did it need a response?
---
(My reaction to stolen kills) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkktKSjCHgo
#66kingwutuguPosted 11/16/2012 8:43:07 PM
only when I'm assassinating someone and then they run us both over
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#67Halo3GAMEFREAK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 8:46:30 PM
kingwutugu posted...
only when I'm assassinating someone and then they run us both over

XD
---
#68wreckthefloorPosted 11/16/2012 8:46:33 PM
It's definitely frustrating when it continually happens. But if I go 12/10/4 and get the W. who cares.
#69RanmaRanmaPosted 11/16/2012 8:52:05 PM
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...

You couldn't get the message from my TWO sentences? That's really sad. Let me try to phrase it the way an elementary schooler would understand it: it's entirely unrealistic that your teammate would hold his fire because he's afraid of taking your kill, so that "what if" excuse you used for stealing kills sucks balls.

Like I said, I understand that it's a team-based game, and if two guys are shooting at the same enemy then it's fair game. But when you're teammate is watching the battle going down and does nothing to help, then he obviously has an agenda of his own: one that doesn't include HIS kill being swiped away. Just because a particular game is revolved around teamwork doesn't mean that kills can't be stolen: it's absurd to think that way.

The part of your pathetic goading attempt that escapes the canals of my clearly superior brain is not the idiosyncrasies of your post but the context with which you insert it. Allow me to clarify for you since you appear to remain lost.

My original point was to reiterate the notion that team fire is a good thing. What you perceive as a team mate doing nothing but shooting at the last minute to steal your kill is clearly a direct manifestation of your inner psyche. More succinctly, It's an egotistical excuse that permeates within your mind to appease your lack of actual skill.

Kill stealing happens, but to the degree which you insist upon... no. Rather than shed tears over digital ratings which serve no realistic purpose, perhaps it would be wiser for you to partake in other time sinks. Might I suggest reading. You can start with my original post as you clearly did not comprehend it. But, by all means, continue with your sad tale of losing a singular kill in an online video game and the raging over it. It's riveting. I'll just do my best to avoid having you as a team mate as you clearly are incapable of such action, all the while avoiding you in general. You sir, are beneath me.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#70Halo3GAMEFREAK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 8:55:36 PM
RanmaRanma posted...
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...

The part of your pathetic goading attempt that escapes the canals of my clearly superior brain is not the idiosyncrasies of your post but the context with which you insert it. Allow me to clarify for you since you appear to remain lost.

My original point was to reiterate the notion that team fire is a good thing. What you perceive as a team mate doing nothing but shooting at the last minute to steal your kill is clearly a direct manifestation of your inner psyche. More succinctly, It's an egotistical excuse that permeates within your mind to appease your lack of actual skill.

Kill stealing happens, but to the degree which you insist upon... no. Rather than shed tears over digital ratings which serve no realistic purpose, perhaps it would be wiser for you to partake in other time sinks. Might I suggest reading. You can start with my original post as you clearly did not comprehend it. But, by all means, continue with your sad tale of losing a singular kill in an online video game and the raging over it. It's riveting. I'll just do my best to avoid having you as a team mate as you clearly are incapable of such action, all the while avoiding you in general. You sir, are beneath me.

Sorry if I hurt your superior brain's feelings. LMAO
---