The commendations for some of the stances

#1CuriousCrabPosted 11/17/2012 11:10:40 AM
Aren't a lot of them pretty much impossible? By that I mean it would take dozens and dozens of games running around trying to get that splatter/plasma pistol kill etc with a low success rate.

For one of the good ones (Believe) you need to get the mastery commendation for the Binary rifle. Can you even get them in ordinance drops, because I haven't yet? I'm all for a challenge, but some of these are a bit excessive.
#2ElemayowePosted 11/17/2012 11:13:58 AM
Promethean weapons tend to be rare in personal ordanance because they're quite powerful but the binary rifle is obtainable I've got it once or twice. I wasn't aware there were stances for that though, and certainly not for splatter kills since my brother has mastery. Could you list some of them?
#3LoafSkullPosted 11/17/2012 11:17:36 AM
CuriousCrab posted...
Aren't a lot of them pretty much impossible? By that I mean it would take dozens and dozens of games running around trying to get that splatter/plasma pistol kill etc with a low success rate.

For one of the good ones (Believe) you need to get the mastery commendation for the Binary rifle. Can you even get them in ordinance drops, because I haven't yet? I'm all for a challenge, but some of these are a bit excessive.

some of them are a little excessive and can be hard to achieve, but if you are playing the game, you will eventually earn them, especially if you are using said items to get the commendations. these are not impossible and do take time complete so just go with the flow and enjoy the game. if you complete those commendations, that is awesome and i bet you will feel very accomplished for doing so, i know i would.
#4zeroboboPosted 11/17/2012 11:18:46 AM
getting each races weapon mastery seems a bit tough.

like getting mastery with the sticky detonator and spartan laser? thats a bit tough, they arent very common. and when you do get them, they're very situational.

though im going to say, getting tons of kills with the plasma pistol is probably the worst. i mean ive never seen ANYONE try to kill anyone with one. its for EMPing vehicles and emping the shields off guys and switching to your DMR/BR for the headshot.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#5yohabrohaPosted 11/17/2012 11:30:01 AM
I agree TC, I wouldn't mind if commendations were only for armor but I want those damn stances. Too bad I don't have time to ever unlock them, I had a little over 17k lifetime kills in reach and only unlocked about 40% total
---
PS3/XBL/SteamID: WillHungIs1337.
#6CuriousCrab(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 11:32:11 AM
Elemayowe posted...
Promethean weapons tend to be rare in personal ordanance because they're quite powerful but the binary rifle is obtainable I've got it once or twice. I wasn't aware there were stances for that though, and certainly not for splatter kills since my brother has mastery. Could you list some of them?

If you press start then go to commendations in the menu you can see the requirements of UNSC/forerunner/covenant ordinance mastery, which involves getting a very large amount of kills with some weapons, however rare/difficult.

And yeah, I suppose it'll be rewarding to unlock them, but I don't see myself ever wanting to (or even being able to) master some of the weapons.
#7henson802Posted 11/17/2012 11:37:16 AM
The whole point of getting certain things is from accomplishments that are hard to do.

Why would you want something that is easy to unlock and everyone can do? Of course it's tough and I'm so happy it is difficult.
#8Trinity of DarknessPosted 11/17/2012 11:39:23 AM
The mongoose destroyer commendation seems like the worst to me, even getting kills with the pulse grenade seems harder than plasma pistol kills

I've actually managed kills with the plasma pistol... even somehow blew up a vehicle one time with one, now I wish I knew that theater only keeps your last game before I started the next game.
---
"Blame your fate!" - Kratos Aurion
#9CuriousCrab(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 11:42:41 AM
henson802 posted...
The whole point of getting certain things is from accomplishments that are hard to do.

Why would you want something that is easy to unlock and everyone can do? Of course it's tough and I'm so happy it is difficult.

There's a difference between difficult and unrealistic.
#10solidlink247Posted 11/17/2012 11:45:58 AM
Trinity of Darkness posted...
The mongoose destroyer commendation seems like the worst to me, even getting kills with the pulse grenade seems harder than plasma pistol kills

I've actually managed kills with the plasma pistol... even somehow blew up a vehicle one time with one, now I wish I knew that theater only keeps your last game before I started the next game.

You have click the right stick to filter.
---
The silent blade kills best
Gamertag: Brinner4Dinner