Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?

#1GGearXPosted 11/17/2012 11:35:34 AM
I personally think so. Just the other day. My dad was watching the commercial for halo 4 and he was was like " oh? Is that halo? He's a pretty cool guy"
And before you guys think I am trolling. He actually said that lol.
But I am really surprised that MC is known by so many older people. Pretty crazy that it only took 10 years to make him as equally known as mario.
Perhaps its because of the Live action/cgi commercials? I showed my dad The Live action/ cgi trailers from the previous games and he really liked them. Thats crazy, mostly because he doesn't usually like the scifi stuff.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) I'm a very shy boy ...
#2NeuralLaxativePosted 11/17/2012 11:38:28 AM
Probably depends on when you grew up
---
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
#3Orange_ApplePosted 11/17/2012 11:39:17 AM
I think Halo is more iconic than just Master Chief. Although MC is a very well known character.
---
October 8, 2011. Some miracle.
http://i.imgur.com/Bx8s6.png
#4PURE25Posted 11/17/2012 11:39:20 AM
nah i wouldnt say hes anywhere near as known as mario.

halos done well for itself and is known by alot of people but really mario is known by old ladies world wide only other character that comes close would be like pac-man or something i dont even think sonic is as recognizable as mario though i do think sonics got a clear edge over mc
---
Poor deluded females.. And you!! you dirty old man. Have a wiff of BAT-GAS!!!
#5redechidna16Posted 11/17/2012 11:41:37 AM
PURE25 posted...
nah i wouldnt say hes anywhere near as known as mario.

halos done well for itself and is known by alot of people but really mario is known by old ladies world wide only other character that comes close would be like pac-man or something i dont even think sonic is as recognizable as mario though i do think sonics got a clear edge over mc

agreed
---
insert malarchy here
#6squidgy617Posted 11/17/2012 11:44:06 AM
No. Not even close.

MC might eventually reach that status, and he's sitting pretty right now as an icon. But really, he's mostly an icon for younger people. Everyone in High School probably knows who the Chief is, but I can guarantee you my parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles do not.

On the other hand, everyone in High School, my parents, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, they ALL know who Mario and Sonic are.
#7SirenHunterPosted 11/17/2012 11:45:53 AM
The game he's in is too mature for him to ever become an icon outside the gaming world. Most people with consoles will recognise him but outside that probably no-one. Sackboy (LittleBigPlantet) will probably become an icon before MC because of his wide appeal
#8PURE25Posted 11/17/2012 11:59:25 AM
eh i dont know if its a to mature thing although i do see your point.

but really its where video games are at at this point.

there are so many games that are good and populaar now but when mario came out it was revolutionary for it time games where still new and people were figuring out the role games would play in society

it gained alot of interest from people who didnt necissarily care about games in general just for them wondering what effects they had on there children juts a long long history of gamers and non gamers interested and taking notes

you dont get that as much any more

people accepted games by and large as a entertainment medium not much different then movies and generally a lot less interested generated amongst non gamers

but yeah when it was young and fresh and people paying attention mario was pretty much the poster boy for gaming he was the face you saw

and even later on with games that were violent like mortal kombat started coming out then mario was there to show you how family games were there in place of violence

when all was said and done mario was used for alot of examples of gaming and family oriented gameing and as a mascot for one of the most succesfull companys in history ande certainly between the late 80s early 90s 'nintendo' it would be hard to avoid knowing who mario was whether you wanted to or not lol
---
#9PURE25Posted 11/17/2012 12:02:19 PM
eh sorry for the misspellings my keyboard recently suffered a misshap with a cup of coffe
sticky buttons and no back button makes things pretty tricky when typing lol
---
#10NEBULAxFORTEPosted 11/17/2012 12:03:34 PM
PURE25 posted...
eh sorry for the misspellings my keyboard recently suffered a misshap with a cup of coffe
sticky buttons and no back button makes things pretty tricky when typing lol

"cup of coffee"

riiiiight.
---
Can you hear it...? The sound of the wind...?
GT:S4D0C S4N