Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?

#11PURE25Posted 11/17/2012 11:06:08 AM
lmao well you can use your imagination to summon up any scenario you want.. but really i think we would all be more comfortable just going with the cup of coffee scene.. lol
---
Poor deluded females.. And you!! you dirty old man. Have a wiff of BAT-GAS!!!
#12javobiPosted 11/17/2012 11:07:08 AM
Asked my mum, she didn't have a clue who he was. But she knows that the character looks like, as shes seen me playing it a lot, so she probably just doesn't know the name
---
Rivve: The Khajiit can be ridden in various positions, whichever is the most comfortable for you!
#13VandorLeePosted 11/17/2012 11:11:36 AM
Sonics blue loud and fast. Marios got that voice and jumps around and saves the princess.

Master chief, well, says little, is very serious and shoots stuff. Mario has more personality and he only says like 5 words.

Part of it IS that its aimed at a wider audience and people grew up with them.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#14puggerisusePosted 11/17/2012 11:26:36 AM
Actually here master chief is way more iconic than mario or sonic. But then again I live in a CALL OF DOOTY DUDEBRO AREA FULL OF MLGPROZ!!! kind of nieghbor hood.*Sighs*
---
ILL USE MY TRUSTY FRYING PAN AS A DRYING PAN!
#15SociopathixPosted 11/17/2012 11:28:48 AM
MC is microsofts Mario.
---
The world requires no audience, no witnesses, no witnesses!
GT: Sociopathix msg first if your gonna add please
#16GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 11:29:00 AM
javobi posted...
Asked my mum, she didn't have a clue who he was. But she knows that the character looks like, as shes seen me playing it a lot, so she probably just doesn't know the name

Did you ask her if she knew what halo is? My dad doesn't know master chief. But he does know halo
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\)
.............I'm a very shy boy ...
#17PatrickG02Posted 11/17/2012 11:31:56 AM
Hell, even a Tetris block is more widely known. Halo is a great game but Tetris, pacman, Mario, sonic. Were simple games, so more people can relate to them.
---
XBL:CrystalNesh
#18GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 11:35:35 AM
Sociopathix posted...
MC is microsofts Mario.

Yeah, and I do not mind that at all. He's like a mature version of an iconic character compared to mario and sonic. Sort of like a step up. From childhood to being more of a mature character.
And hes just one color like mario and sonic. Simple but nice design. I think MS did a nice job on defining their mascot. Unlike sony. Who i think their mascot is Kratos? But he never was in any PS games. And drake was 1 gen only. Sackboy? I just remembered who that was..
---
#19Mumble_Posted 11/17/2012 11:35:45 AM
10 years from now he'll be as popular as Mario is now, in Amerian culture.
---
Unce unce unce wub wub wub woop woop
#20GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 11:40:28 AM
PatrickG02 posted...
Hell, even a Tetris block is more widely known. Halo is a great game but Tetris, pacman, Mario, sonic. Were simple games, so more people can relate to them.

Of course those icpns are more widely known. Theve been around since the 80s. But dont you guys think he could be the next icon? Sure CoD sells more. But there is not a single character that is memorable.
---