Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?

#21Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/17/2012 12:42:19 PM
Orange_Apple posted...
I think Halo is more iconic than just Master Chief. Although MC is a very well known character.

This. I love me some chief, but I think the game as a whole is more iconic to me. it did for FPSs what SMB and the NES did for gaming.
#22monkmithPosted 11/17/2012 12:43:10 PM
nope, maybe 20 years down the line if they are still making halo games but right now he's just too young.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#23javobiPosted 11/17/2012 12:45:10 PM
GGearX posted...
javobi posted...
Asked my mum, she didn't have a clue who he was. But she knows that the character looks like, as shes seen me playing it a lot, so she probably just doesn't know the name

Did you ask her if she knew what halo is? My dad doesn't know master chief. But he does know halo

Nope she doesn't know what it is. Shes a middleaged asian woman xD
---
Rivve: The Khajiit can be ridden in various positions, whichever is the most comfortable for you!
#24WingZero0782Posted 11/17/2012 12:47:55 PM
He is to me, but MS don't really have any iconic characters like Sony, Sega and Nintendo.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#25LTferretPosted 11/17/2012 12:49:33 PM
My 57 year old step-dad knows who he is.
I think hes pretty iconic
---
Why do people run from me?
#26DamorahTalsetPosted 11/17/2012 12:54:33 PM(edited)
My parents know who he is, and my mother is able to recognize the Halo theme song. That's because I played it a lot, but at the same time I know and see a lot of older people who recognize him or at least the Halo part. I think he's definitely getting up there with Mario and is probably tied with Sonic now.

Also, for people who said Microsoft doesn't have iconic characters like Sony or Nintendo... Lol.

Sony has none. Microsoft has MC.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#27DarkAdonis123Posted 11/17/2012 1:22:29 PM
No. Mario is the Mickey Mouse of video games.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#28WingZero0782Posted 11/17/2012 1:25:05 PM
DamorahTalset posted...
My parents know who he is, and my mother is able to recognize the Halo theme song. That's because I played it a lot, but at the same time I know and see a lot of older people who recognize him or at least the Halo part. I think he's definitely getting up there with Mario and is probably tied with Sonic now.

Also, for people who said Microsoft doesn't have iconic characters like Sony or Nintendo... Lol.

Sony has none, lol.

So Kratos, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Sweet Tooth, Nathan Drake and Sly Cooper aren't iconic?
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#29GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:29:57 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
DamorahTalset posted...

Sony has none, lol.

So Kratos, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Sweet Tooth, Nathan Drake and Sly Cooper aren't iconic?

They have icons that are known by gamers. But none gamers? From my experienxe? No. I love Uncharted slycooper and others. But they are not known outside of gamers. Sack boy is probably the closest to being sonys mascot. I just wish they promoted LBP more. It has potential, sony just doesnt realize it.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\)
.............I'm a very shy boy ...
#30AWarAmp84Posted 11/17/2012 1:30:11 PM
SirenHunter posted...
The game he's in is too mature for him to ever become an icon outside the gaming world. Most people with consoles will recognise him but outside that probably no-one. Sackboy (LittleBigPlantet) will probably become an icon before MC because of his wide appeal

Really? Sackboy? I think MC surpasses Sackboy in popularity by far. You have to own a PS3 to know who Sackboy is. 99% of all gamers know who MC is even if they don't own an XBOX 360.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4 and L4D 2.