Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?

#31WingZero0782Posted 11/17/2012 1:34:17 PM
What about Marcus Fenix?

Isn't Mega Man & Dante iconic, along with Solid Snake & Sam Fisher?
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#32Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/17/2012 1:35:19 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
DamorahTalset posted...
My parents know who he is, and my mother is able to recognize the Halo theme song. That's because I played it a lot, but at the same time I know and see a lot of older people who recognize him or at least the Halo part. I think he's definitely getting up there with Mario and is probably tied with Sonic now.

Also, for people who said Microsoft doesn't have iconic characters like Sony or Nintendo... Lol.

Sony has none. Microsoft has MC.

Sony has none, lol.

So Kratos, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Sweet Tooth, Nathan Drake and Sly Cooper aren't iconic?

Kratos sounds familiar, but who are the others?
#33Karsh_14Posted 11/17/2012 1:35:46 PM
Mario and his pals will always be top, but Master Chief is definetly on the rise.

Sonic? Sonic is dead and his games now all suck. He WAS iconic, but only in a retro sense (When you think back to the early 90's, it was all nintendo vs Sega, Sonic vs Mario).

But like all of us who have been around for the entirety of it...

Nintendo won the war. Sonic is literally dead. He's not iconic, he's remembered. BIG difference. Mario is iconic because he leads a franchise and continues to be a marketing machine. You put Marios face on something and it sells.

Master Chief is becoming like that with Halo now too, and will continue to do so in the future (He's the Xbox mascot much like Mario is for nintendo).

You put Sonic on something and you know you're getting something completely **** and lackluster. And it doesn't sell.
---
Cheers.
#34WingZero0782Posted 11/17/2012 1:36:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Kratos is known and iconic.
---
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#35NovaLevossidaPosted 11/17/2012 1:36:53 PM
We went half a decade without seeing a new game starring him. Mario and Sonic sell their games, Master Chief doesn't.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#36WingZero0782Posted 11/17/2012 1:41:11 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
WingZero0782 posted...
DamorahTalset posted...
My parents know who he is, and my mother is able to recognize the Halo theme song. That's because I played it a lot, but at the same time I know and see a lot of older people who recognize him or at least the Halo part. I think he's definitely getting up there with Mario and is probably tied with Sonic now.

Also, for people who said Microsoft doesn't have iconic characters like Sony or Nintendo... Lol.

Sony has none. Microsoft has MC.

Sony has none, lol.

So Kratos, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Sweet Tooth, Nathan Drake and Sly Cooper aren't iconic?

Ratchet & Clank from Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter from Jak & Daxter, Sweet Tooth is from Twisted Metal, Nathan Drake is from Uncharted, Sly Cooper is from Sly Cooper & The Thievus Raccoonus or Sky Raccoon and Kratos is from God of War.

Kratos sounds familiar, but who are the others?

---
#37LoneWolf4545Posted 11/17/2012 1:45:48 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
I'm pretty sure Kratos is known and iconic.

By video game players. He is definitely not known by people that don't play video games. Not many at least. I doubt many even know the actual mythological Kratos either.
---
Gt: swkids
#38H2010HPosted 11/17/2012 1:46:29 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
No. Mario is the Mickey Mouse of video games.

This.

He's been around for 3 decades. He's gotten a tv show, movie and I don't even want to know how many games he's made an appearance in.
---
Forklifts don't die Jorge, they're just missing in action.
"Hurl Thy Petard." LYB
#39DemonicChaosXXPosted 11/17/2012 1:56:39 PM
I was born the year the first Sonic game was made. To me, any game that has a big fan following is iconic. So yeah I do, even though I've never fully played any Halos.
---
It's a point and click adventure where the only action is "use gun" on "man". - vidgameking84
#403starborrisPosted 11/17/2012 1:59:14 PM
PURE25 posted...
nah i wouldnt say hes anywhere near as known as mario.

halos done well for itself and is known by alot of people but really mario is known by old ladies world wide only other character that comes close would be like pac-man or something i dont even think sonic is as recognizable as mario though i do think sonics got a clear edge over mc

i think darth vader is supposed to be the most widely recognized character in the world.

but if you mean in just games then yeah mario is way ahead of the chief.