Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?

#41DarkSoldierX99Posted 11/17/2012 2:06:07 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
No. Mario is the Mickey Mouse of video games.

This guy said it best. They don't even show mickey mouse cartoons on tv nor are episodes on sale on dvd anywhere, yet Disneyworld is still just as popular as ever. Mario could stop being made into games and yet just his face as a logo would make Nintendo stock go up.
---
Gas, grass, or ass nobody rides free.
#42XImperialDragonPosted 11/17/2012 2:07:02 PM
As iconic as Mario and Sonic? No, not even if you only started gaming with an Xbox and only played FPS titles; you'd still have heard of at least Mario.

Is Master Chief huge in video games? Yes. Is he anywhere remotely close to Mr. Videogame himself? No.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#43RanmaRanmaPosted 11/17/2012 2:22:55 PM
For younger people, yes. I know younger people who think MC is the video game icon and don't even think about Mario.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#44LazHarshawPosted 11/17/2012 2:25:29 PM
He's the face of Xbox, so he's getting there. Also Sonic is still relevant?
#45queirotacobellPosted 11/17/2012 2:37:00 PM
dont forget that masterchief is known commercially. he sells doritos and mountaindew. which are at every supermarket, gas station, schools, public places and etc.
---
Nah hidden stuffs are still in games these days...
you just have to pay for them. Capcom calls them DLC.
#46DarkAdonis123Posted 11/17/2012 2:58:55 PM
queirotacobell posted...
dont forget that masterchief is known commercially. he sells doritos and mountaindew. which are at every supermarket, gas station, schools, public places and etc.

That doesn't tell people who he is though. People can see him on those items and still be like "who is that?". When people see Mario, they know its Mario. No introduction needed. That's true icon status.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#47vogelkackePosted 11/17/2012 3:02:55 PM
he is even iconicer. i would even go as far as saying that he is the iconicest.
#48zero3384Posted 11/17/2012 3:08:56 PM(edited)
DarkAdonis123 posted...
No. Mario is the Mickey Mouse of video games.

exactly...Mario is known WORLD WIDE...by everyone..PS3 owners, 360 owners, and Nintendo owners

not taking anything from MC, but he has a long way to go if he wants to be as well known as Mario

Sonic...Sonic is well known, but people are losing interest due to bad game after bad game *shudders after thinking of Sonic 06*
---
GT: Zerofoxy3384
#49Urizen5Posted 11/17/2012 3:09:00 PM
Pacman is Iconic. It's been decades at several generations of gamers since a proper pacman game has been made, but everyone of you knows what he looks like and does.

Lets see master chief take a ten/twenty yr absense and see how well he's remembered. Will your children recognize him then. It takes a hell of a gaming figure to survive generational gaps. I think Mario would survive a ten yr hiatus, but you should judge the characters on that.
---
PSN-AlphaRooster
#50MechaKirbyPosted 11/17/2012 3:15:02 PM
IIRC Mario is more reconizeble than Mickey Mouse.

I believe its:

1) Mario
2) Pac man
3) Sonic
4) Pikachu
5) Other Mario Characters
6) Master Chief/ Halo
---
GTag/PSN: MechaknightX === ARE YOU READY FOR HALO 4!!??!
http://i.minus.com/i7veL9wbPUU85.gif