Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?
3 years ago#61
Maybe to sonic, since his games have come out less and less these days and he is less heard of, but Mario has been through so many systems it isn't funny, while so many generations of video games. MC has only been in 2 so far. While compared to mario who has been in 7, if you are counting the 3ds. Then 6 since the newest gen doesn't have a xbox yet.
3 years ago#62
I'm an Icon. Every console has their "mascot" so to speak. They all become icons. Sonic couldn't stand on the same level as Mario when he arrived and may never but he is a top figure in video games regardless. If you give MC a little more time to grow as more generations get to know him he will eventually reach what Mario and Sonic have become. As I think about it.... Nintendo: Mario, Sega: Sonic, Microsoft: MC, Sony: ..... chocobos?Nathan Drake? Crash? That clown from twisted metal? Lara Croft?
---
Uhh...check it...
3 years ago#63
I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.
---
A "TWEWY Hipster"? I'm not sure if I should be offended.
Official THREAD DESTROYER of the TWEWY Board
3 years ago#64
Halo's at the age where people are/remember growing up with the series, therefore MC became an icon.
---
"I'm no hero."
3 years ago#65
TorqueFork posted...
I'm an Icon. Every console has their "mascot" so to speak. They all become icons. Sonic couldn't stand on the same level as Mario when he arrived and may never but he is a top figure in video games regardless. If you give MC a little more time to grow as more generations get to know him he will eventually reach what Mario and Sonic have become. As I think about it.... Nintendo: Mario, Sega: Sonic, Microsoft: MC, Sony: ..... chocobos?Nathan Drake? Crash? That clown from twisted metal? Lara Croft?

Sony would be either Kratos or Snake I believe.
3 years ago#66
MechaKirby posted...
IIRC Mario is more reconizeble than Mickey Mouse.

I don't believe that's the case.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
3 years ago#67
This is a first person shooter. You only see and play as a gun on screen.
3 years ago#68
like mario? nah
3 years ago#69
No way. Halo isn't even that old and MC has not even been in all of them. Crash Bandicoot, now that was a mascot.
3 years ago#70
DarkGam3r posted...
Halo's at the age where people are/remember growing up with the series, therefore MC became an icon.

That does not make something iconic.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived