Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?

#61Jinxey86Posted 11/17/2012 4:43:34 PM
Maybe to sonic, since his games have come out less and less these days and he is less heard of, but Mario has been through so many systems it isn't funny, while so many generations of video games. MC has only been in 2 so far. While compared to mario who has been in 7, if you are counting the 3ds. Then 6 since the newest gen doesn't have a xbox yet.
#62TorqueForkPosted 11/17/2012 5:00:32 PM
I'm an Icon. Every console has their "mascot" so to speak. They all become icons. Sonic couldn't stand on the same level as Mario when he arrived and may never but he is a top figure in video games regardless. If you give MC a little more time to grow as more generations get to know him he will eventually reach what Mario and Sonic have become. As I think about it.... Nintendo: Mario, Sega: Sonic, Microsoft: MC, Sony: ..... chocobos?Nathan Drake? Crash? That clown from twisted metal? Lara Croft?
---
Uhh...check it...
#63Bnkai4tailLuffyPosted 11/17/2012 5:14:47 PM
I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.
---
A "TWEWY Hipster"? I'm not sure if I should be offended.
Official THREAD DESTROYER of the TWEWY Board
#64DarkGam3rPosted 11/17/2012 5:17:22 PM
Halo's at the age where people are/remember growing up with the series, therefore MC became an icon.
---
"I'm no hero."
#65LazHarshawPosted 11/17/2012 6:26:22 PM
TorqueFork posted...
I'm an Icon. Every console has their "mascot" so to speak. They all become icons. Sonic couldn't stand on the same level as Mario when he arrived and may never but he is a top figure in video games regardless. If you give MC a little more time to grow as more generations get to know him he will eventually reach what Mario and Sonic have become. As I think about it.... Nintendo: Mario, Sega: Sonic, Microsoft: MC, Sony: ..... chocobos?Nathan Drake? Crash? That clown from twisted metal? Lara Croft?

Sony would be either Kratos or Snake I believe.
#66DarkAdonis123Posted 11/17/2012 9:08:35 PM
MechaKirby posted...
IIRC Mario is more reconizeble than Mickey Mouse.

I don't believe that's the case.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#67shotgunheadshotPosted 11/17/2012 9:11:38 PM
This is a first person shooter. You only see and play as a gun on screen.
#68Floated_BomberPosted 11/17/2012 9:18:41 PM
like mario? nah
#69dr_gonzo355Posted 11/17/2012 9:18:45 PM
No way. Halo isn't even that old and MC has not even been in all of them. Crash Bandicoot, now that was a mascot.
#70DarkAdonis123Posted 11/17/2012 10:04:07 PM
DarkGam3r posted...
Halo's at the age where people are/remember growing up with the series, therefore MC became an icon.

That does not make something iconic.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue