Do you guys think masterchief is as iconic as mario, or sonic?

#71zero3384Posted 11/18/2012 8:55:37 AM
DarkGam3r posted...
Halo's at the age where people are/remember growing up with the series, therefore MC became an icon.

nope...just because people remember the 1st halo games doesn't make the series or MC iconic

look at Mario...people remember playing SMB on the NES in the 1980s and still play Mario games on the Wii and DS and 3DS and soon the Wii U

its been said by someone else...Mario has been on 6-7 consoles...has had 3-4 tv shows...a movie (despite how BAD that movie was, people went to see it because it was Mario).....Mario was voted the most popular video game character in all of Japan...and games starring Mario (his own games) have sold more then 210 million copies making the Super Mario franchise the best selling video game franchise in the world

that's not counting how many games Mario guest-starred in

MC is getting to legend status, but no-where near icon (icon maybe for the 360 or Microsoft) ..MC is closer to Sonic now as Sonic fans are dwindling due to bad games being released, but it will be a long time til MC gets to Mario's iconic position
---
GT: Zerofoxy3384
#72iceman505Posted 11/18/2012 9:09:36 AM
He was arguably to the 00's what Mario was to the 80's, and Sonic was to the 90's. He may simply be "Halo guy" to most of the world, but he is certainly instantly recognizable.
#73lderivedxPosted 11/18/2012 9:10:36 AM
I'd know John Halo if I met him on the street, so I'd have to say yes.
---
If you still have any problems with my post I highly recommend you get over it. - Navex
GT: i derive dx
#74Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/18/2012 9:29:59 AM
The Master Chief is MORE ironic than Mario and Sonic and I grew up with the NES Mario games
#75Captain_ValiantPosted 11/18/2012 9:31:58 AM
Master Chief just doesn't have the qualities needed to be an "icon" or "masot".
He doesn't have the mass appeal. That's why Sony never had anything closer to a mascot than Crash, because the stars of most of it's popular games were mean scary white dudes.
And not to be a hater, but "Master Chief" is kind of a dumb redundant name.
You really can't use his character in a context outside of violent space battles. He may be pretty badass in Halo, but outside of that universe the only job he could get is maybe replacing the NFL robot that pops up before commercials.