So what makes all the maps bad?

#1IcyFlamez96Posted 11/17/2012 12:56:31 PM
There is obviously an easily abusable strategy to most of the maps and I would like to know so I could win on them.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
# of times krat0s didn't appropriately update my K count: 20+ :'[
#2TentanmanPosted 11/17/2012 12:58:10 PM
Stand on a perch + DMR + Seeing everything on the map = win
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#3weezergabePosted 11/17/2012 1:04:44 PM
We need more Arena style maps. Check "Relay" in the forge, exactly what I want
#4Orange_ApplePosted 11/17/2012 1:08:25 PM
Stand on a perch + DMR + Seeing everything on the map = win

If someone did that they would likely get 5 shotted by a DMR themselves.
---
TWSSted since 2010
http://bearsareeverywhere.com/homepage.jpg
#5chickenwaxPosted 11/17/2012 1:08:31 PM
Exile just wants to make me gauge my eyes out. One step too far, death from all sides.
---
"Two in Harmony, Surpasses One in Perfection" -The Kirijo Group
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 11/17/2012 1:14:06 PM
I wouldn't say that they are necessarily that much worse than other starting maps from recent games in the series, but they are unfortunately very limited in number, and you can't play them all in all the game types, so you run down to just a few maps in each play list which limits variety. On top of that, there is a huge "been there, done that" feel to the map design. Most of these maps just feel generic and tired in their design, and they certainly don't feel very refreshing or new. Then you get into the balance issues of the game (particularly, DMR starts on the big maps, ordnance shenanigans, etc.) and it kind of compounds the problem.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#7weezergabePosted 11/17/2012 1:15:46 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
I wouldn't say that they are necessarily that much worse than other starting maps from recent games in the series, but they are unfortunately very limited in number, and you can't play them all in all the game types, so you run down to just a few maps in each play list which limits variety. On top of that, there is a huge "been there, done that" feel to the map design. Most of these maps just feel generic and tired in their design, and they certainly don't feel very refreshing or new. Then you get into the balance issues of the game (particularly, DMR starts on the big maps, ordnance shenanigans, etc.) and it kind of compounds the problem.

Well Said
#8Prototype909Posted 11/17/2012 1:15:56 PM
All the maps feel the same because there's never a reason to opt out of DMR due to the long corridors and the DMR being a starting weapon that can destroy from across the world.