A question for people who care about K/D - what score is good/bad/etc?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. A question for people who care about K/D - what score is good/bad/etc?
3 years ago#1
Just sort of became curious about this for no real reason. Basically, I never really pay attention to K/D in games (I always care more about trying to help my team win/achieve the objective/earn credits or XP than my own stats, and I spend way more time in Firefight/Spartan Ops than competitive play), so I have no idea what a good K/D ratio is.

So, what would you consider a "good" K/D? A "great" K/D? A "bad" K/D? A "holy Christ you're horrible why are you even playing this game?" sort of K/D?

Is there a scale somewhere that someone can point to and say "Here's where your K/D falls, which suggests you're a (insert skill level here) player"?

Not really interested in debate over whether or not K/D matters or if it's the most important thing ever (which is way too subjective anyway), just how people who DO think it matters to some extent interpret it.
Struit insidias lacrimis cum femina plorat
It's really hard to say. Generally, as you long as have you more kills than deaths you're doing okay. But I can't even play consistently on this game. Lot's of times I'll go like 15 and 7. Then other times I'll struggle the whole match and end up like 4 and 12.
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
3 years ago#3
IMO, and I'm average IMO, 3.0 KDR and above is great, 2.0-3.0 is good, 1.5 to 2.0 is average, and anything nearing 1.0 is bad.

Below 1.0 is the terrible range.
3 years ago#4
Considering how TruSkill works in this game I don't think K/D really says much at all.

Anything under 1 is obviously truly terrible, and you should probably be above 2 if you're decent, but beyond that I wouldn't say you can garner much info from it.
tahts halo
dont worry
3 years ago#5
It all depends on game type. I play a lot of slayer and keep about a 1.5 KD. I have played
against bad kids who pick objective based games, like king of the hill, and just go for kills.
Their KD can be 2 plus, but get owned when they play big team or slayer.

Really it only matters to those who value it highly. Me, I could care less I have good games and bad games. What I do know is I play the game to have fun. If you want to be a camping sword wielder and have a huge KD go right ahead, I would just find that to be boring.
3 years ago#6
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
IMO, and I'm average IMO, 3.0 KDR and above is great, 2.0-3.0 is good, 1.5 to 2.0 is average, and anything nearing 1.0 is bad.

2-3 is average? maybe by Halo enthusiasts or forum posters. if you actually averaged out the KDs or found the median you'd be surprised.
3 years ago#7
Outside of any well-formed ranking system, K/D truly is meaningless. I had a 1.9 in Reach and I'm far from a good player. Just a BTB hero.
3 years ago#8
If you ask me 1.0 is average. But then again I'm a casual so I could be wrong. For team slayer I'd say a K/D ranging from .85-1 is an average contribution to team effort. Anything less is bad. And if you get more than fantastic.
3 years ago#9
Where do you go to check your KD?
^This.
3 years ago#10
Ecotron posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

2-3 is average? maybe by Halo enthusiasts or forum posters. if you actually averaged out the KDs or found the median you'd be surprised.

I said 2-3 is good, and 1.5-2 is average.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. A question for people who care about K/D - what score is good/bad/etc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived