A question for people who care about K/D - what score is good/bad/etc?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. A question for people who care about K/D - what score is good/bad/etc?
3 years ago#11
Anything over 1 is good. Even then, Everyone has games where they go negative
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
(edited 0 seconds ago)
3 years ago#12
1-1.5 is good enough
1.5-2 is be on my team
anything above 2 is great
below 1 is bad

I like to keep the K/D to lower scores than usual (assuming the guy plays only slayer) because Halo is a very assist based games. I've gone through games with more assists than kills but that doesn't increase my K/D so I like to think if you're slightly above 1, you get a good amount of assists.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
3 years ago#13
I was a 2 when I started, but I am like a 1.2 now just because of the absurd amounts of shaky mechanics and lag I have plus my trueskill places with me incredibly skilled players in which I have to try hard every single match just to kill once.
---
The introduction never had a name, and all the answers to my questions never came.
3 years ago#14
A K/D of 1 is average, actually a bit lower when you include suicides.
---
The only K/D that does matter is your real life one. _ZM_
3 years ago#15
A K/D of 1 is average, actually a bit lower when you include suicides.

No, it doesn't work like that.
---
[Jesse,] you need to stop noscoping me though its really infuriating, that time you jumped from ring 2, no scoped me, and picked up camo, i about died IRL -bale
3 years ago#16
K/D doesn't mean a thing, I have about a 1.40 K/D atm but I also let everyone that comes to my house play on my account too. Imo you can't judge how good a person is by the in game stats.
---
"I am the one who knocks" - Heisenberg-
3 years ago#17
I find it hilarious when people say the average K/D is around 2. By definition the mean K/D is 1 (since there are an equal amount of kills as there are deaths). Now if you mean median K/D than maybe it's more than 1, but I doubt that since the people with extremely high K/D's probably have more of an effect on the mean K/D than the people who have extremely low K/D's.

With this game K/D doesn't mean much because of the True Skill system, and the fact that it doesn't take into account things like assists, distractions, etc. My K/D isn't very "good", but that's mainly because I mostly play dominion. In dominion my goal is to get bases, stop other teams from getting bases, and harassing the other team. That often means suicide runs and shooting turrets/doors more than shooting players.
---
The Official Alduin of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Board
3 years ago#18
first of all K/D means nothing for objective gametypes

second it's not just that you look at when judging game performance, you have to look at assists as well. Someone who goes negative on K/D but racks up tons of assists has helped their team just as much as someone who goes positive
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
3 years ago#19
By definition the mean K/D is 1

No.

play a 1v1. One goes 2-1, the other 1-2. 2 and 0.5. Mean is 1.25.
---
0.999... = 1. Deal with it. If you disagree, I'm happy to show you why you're wrong.
GT: i derive dx
3 years ago#20
Another way KD is deceiving concerns who you play with. The two friends that I play slayer the most with a freaking good and get most of the kills. I do my part with lots of assists, but usually only 8 to 10 kills.

When I play on my own or with other less skilled friends I typically do much better 20 some kills and single digit deaths.

So my KD averages between these two play types, but has no bearing on my skill
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. A question for people who care about K/D - what score is good/bad/etc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived