A question for people who care about K/D - what score is good/bad/etc?

#21Strakadh_OFPosted 11/17/2012 3:15:21 PM
I have been 1.5 and rising since day 2 when the ranking system kicked in and I got thrown in with all the level 50 types. Anything much over 2 in this game and I think you are sitting back with a DMR leeching kills, not hard to do.

Also K/D will never be that important in games with vehicles, I frequentlly bum rush all powerful vehicles and sacrifice myself to destroy them and save my team some deaths.

Stats will never be able to track something like deaths prevented obviously. But I think we can safely assume that the guy who died a few times to destroy a couple mantises/scorpions and has a 1.5 was a much better asset than the guy hanging out 100 feet behind the team with a DMR killing people already being teamshot that has a 2.5
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#22appleturnover87Posted 11/17/2012 3:17:19 PM
Regarding individual games, I don't feel like I did really well unless I get like a 4 k/d. 2 and above is acceptable. Below 2 and I'm not happy with my performance.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#23haloiscoolisbakPosted 11/17/2012 3:20:35 PM
Kills per minute is a so much better way to decide skill
---
:|
#24appleturnover87Posted 11/17/2012 3:22:08 PM
haloiscoolisbak posted...
Kills per minute is a so much better way to decide skill

No, no it's not. It's actually a horrible way.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#25almasbabyPosted 11/17/2012 3:24:45 PM
Some of the best players in the world have K/D's below 2. What they have that really distinguishes them is a high win percentage.

http://www.halotracker.com/
#26CynicalZealotPosted 11/17/2012 3:35:03 PM
What I always find disturbing is the fact that I have a .71 k/d (I'm admittedly more of a casual player), yet I've been in slayer matches where I did the majority of the work (1st place in points, majority of kills) and more or less carried the team I was on to a win.

Which means there are a moderate number of players out there significantly worse than I am.

---
"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--- Vyvyan, The Young Ones
#27eastgotenksPosted 11/17/2012 3:40:59 PM
CynicalZealot posted...
What I always find disturbing is the fact that I have a .71 k/d (I'm admittedly more of a casual player), yet I've been in slayer matches where I did the majority of the work (1st place in points, majority of kills) and more or less carried the team I was on to a win.

Which means there are a moderate number of players out there significantly worse than I am.

You are prob one of those people who get like 20 kills and 30 deaths per game. You must charge into enemy territory a lot and take out who you can before your inevitable death, rinse and repeat.

That is my theory anyway if your k/d is that low.
#28VauntXPosted 11/17/2012 3:43:44 PM
Regarding individual games, I don't feel like I did really well unless I get like a 4 k/d. 2 and above is acceptable. Below 2 and I'm not happy with my performance.

You might as well just say, "I'm not happy unless I play people significantly worse than me".
#29KrulWarriorPosted 11/17/2012 4:14:37 PM
About 1.2 (barely positive) would be average by my standards, 1.5-1.7 would be a solid player, and anything above that is good. Just from my experience playing solo War Games, where if you're positive, I'm happy to have you on my team. Unfortunately, it's really rare......
---
GT: Krul Warrior
#30third_eye_zero0Posted 11/17/2012 4:17:01 PM
Individual matches and your overall is two completely different questions. Anything 2 or above in individual matches is phenomonal. I still haven't met anyone with over 2 K/D overall with more than 2000 kills.