Why are there no forge world maps in matchmaking?

#1help1Posted 11/17/2012 6:56:21 PM
hi guys,

I was wondering if 343 addressed why there are no Forge World maps in matchmaking? I knwo a big complaint lobbied against the game form Team Slayer users is there are only 4 maps to choose from, where as if they just made one stock map on each of the forge worlds, it'd feel fresh, and we'd gain 3 maps.
---
# of people who have said "Hi help1!" to me on Gamefaqs: 5
Last person to say hi: Slayer_22 and white_thief
#2RanmaRanmaPosted 11/17/2012 6:58:35 PM
I do not believe they have addressed these concerns yet, but I have no definitive proof of such. My assumption is that they heard the feedback from the overuse of forge maps in Reach and went the total opposite direction with it: no forge maps in match making. I would wager they will come with time as a means to extend the life of the game. I would counter argue that having more to hook players initially so they don't get bored and sell the game is a means to extend it as well, however I don't make AAA games.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#3Link43130Posted 11/17/2012 6:58:37 PM
they did make stock maps on the forge world maps. they didn't add them cuz "lol no forge maps in matchmaking, we're not like halo reach (plz buy our game)"
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#4FireFrenzy2112Posted 11/17/2012 7:00:17 PM
Im glad there are no forge maps in mm. Reach felt like there were about 2 actually well made maps, the rest were just thrown together in forge.
---
I'd love to change the world.
http://i44.tinypic.com/10r8eps.jpg
#5help1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 7:02:18 PM
Link43130 posted...
they did make stock maps on the forge world maps. they didn't add them cuz "lol no forge maps in matchmaking, we're not like halo reach (plz buy our game)"

The problem with Forge in Reach wasn't that there were forge world maps, but that there were way too many variants usin the various boring shades of gray.

If they stuck to just One major map from each forge map, I'd be a happy camper. It wouldn't seem repetitive (I believe one of the maps has a different forge texture pack entirely.)

And I agree with the above poster. They kinda caught a break wit hBLOPS 2 not being that good, but to extend the life of the game, let the variety show in the beginning. Waiting untl 2013 for rankings and other stuff might just burn out players causing them to just forget about the game entirely.
---
#6help1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 7:03:08 PM
FireFrenzy2112 posted...
Im glad there are no forge maps in mm. Reach felt like there were about 2 actually well made maps, the rest were just thrown together in forge.

But that is the thing, if they are just stock Forge maps that use the Forge terrain, you would just think of them as regular maps.
---