Is Halo 4 the biggest disappointment in franchise history?

#1GaMeFrEaK316Posted 11/17/2012 7:00:26 PM
My friend and I were discussing the history of the Halo series and we both agree Halo 3 was the best of the series. It seems that the franchise has been on a downward trend since.

What are your opinions? Does 343 have what it takes to continue this series forward or will they be more like Treyarch is to CoD?
---
COW GO MOO
#2ErokinPosted 11/17/2012 7:01:18 PM
ODST

Can't believe I paid $60 for an expansion pack
---
Nobody wins,but I!
#3Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/17/2012 7:02:09 PM
GaMeFrEaK316 posted...
the history of the Halo series

GaMeFrEaK316 posted...
Halo 3 was the best of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fzbmHP68o
#4Orange_ApplePosted 11/17/2012 7:03:16 PM(edited)
From a financial point of view Halo 4 is the best one.

If we are going only with personal opinion, then in my opinion, it is definitely top 3.

Biggest disappointment goes to Halo Reach imo.

Also 3arc imo made the better CODs.
---
Without Orange, Apple's stock will have a vitamin C deficiency.- Neeky
#5DifferentialEquationPosted 11/17/2012 7:02:39 PM
I think all the games have been good, though ODST certainly was not worth $60.

I even liked Halo Wars.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#6Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/17/2012 7:03:02 PM
Erokin posted...
ODST

Can't believe I paid $60 for an expansion pack

So you think ODST is the biggest disappointment because you paid $60 for a game that had all of its content disclosed months early and you knew exactly what you were buying...?
#7VoidBeyondPosted 11/17/2012 7:03:04 PM
Nope it isn't. Me and my brother were discussing it and we decided(It terms of campaign)
Halo 4 > Halo: CE > Halo 2 > Halo: Reach > Halo 3 > Halo 3: ODST
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.
#8IcyBlaze_XZPosted 11/17/2012 7:03:34 PM
Halo 4's the best Halo game since 2, and possibly might be the best Halo game released yet.
---
b
#9dr_gonzo355Posted 11/17/2012 7:05:47 PM
I think Perfect Dark Zero is. Recently though it's AC3.
#10CyunPosted 11/17/2012 7:10:16 PM
Even with low expectations I too was really disappointed. I just can't get over how poorly done the story is and how little risk there was to create something new. As a diehard Halo fan from the beginning it's really disappointing that after the conclusion to Halo 3 and the potential there was to create something new and fresh they still have you fight covenant for most of the game. And there is zero explanation as to why your fighting them, or why they decided to ally themselves with didact. And yes I know they explain that stuff outside the game but that's poor storytelling to not have the game stand on it's own. Also it's downright silly for Chief to be in crosleep for four years and never ask anyone why the covenant are still a threat. And then the music was just super generic Hollywood music with zero soul or personality.
---
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/KargTheVile/4or46f6.gif