Is Halo 4 the biggest disappointment in franchise history?

#11metalclashPosted 11/17/2012 7:10:22 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Erokin posted...
ODST

Can't believe I paid $60 for an expansion pack

So you think ODST is the biggest disappointment because you paid $60 for a game that had all of its content disclosed months early and you knew exactly what you were buying...?

To be fair, they originalyl said it wasn't going to be full priced.
---
i'm excited for customs in h4
#12Floated_BomberPosted 11/17/2012 7:11:19 PM
nah, maybe dragon age 2
#13SunDevil77Posted 11/17/2012 7:11:58 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#14ford0Posted 11/17/2012 7:14:10 PM
If you are excluding ODST and Reach the choice of the most disappointing Halo game is obvious.

The first Halo made the Xbox a relevant gaming console.

Halo 2 was by far the best for multiplayer. It was the game that made Xbox live relevant. It was the first console shooter that everybody played online and would spend a majority of the time playing. The competition on Halo 2 match making was amazing and the game lasted years after Xbox 360 and Halo 3 was released because it was so well put together for the time.

Halo 3 was by far the most disappointing game on the series. It was a good game, and was relevant until CoD 4 was released. CoD took away some of the competition and the multiplayer was not entirely balanced. Better story than 2 but 2 had a much more lasting multiplayer.

Halo 4 is a great game. The story is good for Halo standards and the multiplayer is was more balanced than Halo 3. Games have become less about holding power weapons on your back and controlling their spawns and more focused on teamwork and 1 on 1 fights.

If you say Halo 3 was the best of the series, you make it really hard for me to believe you actually owned a Xbox.
#15VoidBeyondPosted 11/17/2012 7:16:03 PM
Cyun posted...
Even with low expectations I too was really disappointed. I just can't get over how poorly done the story is and how little risk there was to create something new. As a diehard Halo fan from the beginning it's really disappointing that after the conclusion to Halo 3 and the potential there was to create something new and fresh they still have you fight covenant for most of the game. And there is zero explanation as to why your fighting them, or why they decided to ally themselves with didact. And yes I know they explain that stuff outside the game but that's poor storytelling to not have the game stand on it's own. Also it's downright silly for Chief to be in crosleep for four years and never ask anyone why the covenant are still a threat. And then the music was just super generic Hollywood music with zero soul or personality.

The Didact is a Forerunner. The Covenant worship Forerunners, seeing them as gods. It is fairly OBVIOUS why the sided with him, you don't need to read any of the books to make that connection.

Along with that, common sense tells you that a religion just doesn't die. Did you REALLY think that everyone who believed in the Covenant would just go "Oh, I guess the Great Journey is fake!" once the Prophets are dead? No. The Covenant has been around since 938 BC, they're not going anywhere any time soon. Although, the Arbiter has been trying to get Elites on his side.

LOL At saying the music has zero soul, listen to 117 or Green and Blue.
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.
#16cyborg9Posted 11/17/2012 7:17:26 PM
diablo 3
#17SunDevil77Posted 11/17/2012 7:17:57 PM
cyborg9 posted...
diablo 3

Is good.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#18BeatingU2DeathPosted 11/17/2012 7:23:59 PM
yep trash
---
________( )====()_____________________.
_iiiii__/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_ ][ _}''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''.
#19jcubsfan79Posted 11/17/2012 7:24:18 PM
GaMeFrEaK316 posted...
My friend and I were discussing the history of the Halo series and we both agree Halo 3 was the best of the series.

are you kidding me... Halo 3 is not the best of the series. Not even close...
---
Black FC: 5200 2649 7783
#20Hazmat963Posted 11/17/2012 7:24:22 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
cyborg9 posted...
diablo 3

Is good.

Just kidding
---
http://livingdeadrpg.proboards.com/