Is Halo 4 the biggest disappointment in franchise history?

#101WingZero0782Posted 11/18/2012 11:05:39 AM(edited)
Why is 2 ranked high amongst many people? You didn't play as MC as much, you weren't on Earth for long and the ending sucked.

Sure it was better than CE but not by much.

It left so many unanswered questions that weren't answered in 3.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#102ZarthimusPrimePosted 11/18/2012 12:07:27 PM(edited)
Here's how it is for me:

Halo 1 had my favorite campaign, as right away you're given a definite threat to fight. The Chief has already been fighting the Covenant for years, so there's no reason to try an understand them, or think that they might be misunderstood. You just know to kill them.
However, you get the fear of the unknown in the form of the Flood, and later when you discover the true purpose of the Halo ring. Also, as much as I don't love "The Library" I do enjoy the adrenaline rush that it gives me. (Still need to get "That Just Happened"...)

I spent so many weekends having Halo 2 bashes with my buddies from High School that I know all of the multiplayer maps like the back of my hand. Campaign wise, it introduced my favorite character of the series, the Arbiter. I've always liked characters that have a heel-face-turn role in stories. Overall, I just enjoyed the familiar yet still alien feel of the game.

Halo 3 seemed a little short campaign wise, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The biggest plus for me was the addition of Spartan customization.

ODST was fun for a couple of playthroughs, but nothing special.

I'm not a huge fan of RTSs so I didn't play Wars.

Reach for me was about like ODST.

I particularly like 4's multiplayer, but I'm finding the campaign to be a bit rushed.

So for me it's 2>1>3>4>Reach>ODST>Wars
---
Black FC: 3654 8635 2775
#103SunDevil77Posted 11/18/2012 12:12:46 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
Why is 2 ranked high amongst many people? You didn't play as MC as much, you weren't on Earth for long and the ending sucked.

It basically invented online gaming on consoles.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#104darksolgamerPosted 11/18/2012 12:13:44 PM
Halo 2 had the most disappointing campaign IMO. It was a rushed mess, but at least the multiplayer was amazing. In terms of multiplayer Reach disappointed me the most. It was so slow paced and majority of the maps were terrible.
---
Posting from my smartphone, I'm trolling from the future!
#105WingZero0782Posted 11/18/2012 12:13:58 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
WingZero0782 posted...

So it's mainly because of multiplayer?
---
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#106PufTheMgicDingoPosted 11/18/2012 12:15:39 PM
Biggest disappointment was by far Reach. Man, the game it could have been...
#107PufTheMgicDingoPosted 11/18/2012 12:17:16 PM
That would be Reach. You see, we all knew Halo 4 would suck. Unlike Bungie, they didn't sugarcoat it and hide all the awful features.
#108WingZero0782Posted 11/18/2012 12:17:37 PM
PufTheMgicDingo posted...
Biggest disappointment was by far Reach. Man, the game it could have been...

Should've been Fall of Reach, not a new unnecessary squad.
---
#109Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/18/2012 12:17:44 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
WingZero0782 posted...

The MP was eclipsed by 3, but yea it was awesome. It's my 2nd favorite campaign as well.
#110SunDevil77Posted 11/18/2012 12:19:11 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
WingZero0782 posted...

yes
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.