Is Halo 4 the biggest disappointment in franchise history?

#71phillyeagles123Posted 11/17/2012 11:33:35 PM
No, that distinction belongs to Reach. Campaign was mediocre, Multiplayer was, for the most part, an unbalanced mess, and Firefight didn't have that same sense of greatness that it did in ODST.
#72SlimCreeperPosted 11/17/2012 11:36:27 PM
stopped reading after you said Halo 3 was the best.
seriously wow.

but to answer the title... Nope.
#73Shin_GallonPosted 11/17/2012 11:48:05 PM
No, the biggest disappointment in franchise history would be the travesty that is Street Fighter 4, with it's hideous, deformed looking 3D characters, ugly visual style and terrible dumbed-down-for-casuals gameplay elements like the Revenge Meter. THAT is the personification of "letdown".
#74TheApd_ReturnsPosted 11/17/2012 11:54:56 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
cyborg9 posted...
diablo 3

Is soulless and completely misses the mark regarding what made the previous two Diablos fun.
#75Protoman_X38Posted 11/18/2012 12:15:25 AM
FF XIII

Surprised nobody said it yet.

For me though it goes

Campaign
Halo CE > ODST > Reach > Halo 3 > Halo 4 > Halo 2

Multiplayer
Halo 2 > Halo 3 > Halo 4 > Halo CE > Halo Reach
---
567i3e7oe7klw5seksw5kjw5ejejetyjkretketkje5ykekeke,le6ulke3klke6ululeul
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif
#76NovaLevossidaPosted 11/18/2012 12:16:45 AM
Protoman_X38 posted...
FF XIII

I had actually forgotten about that. Yeah, I'm going with that.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#77Madcatz230Posted 11/18/2012 1:07:36 AM
I'm actually somewhat happy with Halo 4. Is it the best out of all the Halo games? No. Combat evolved was probably the most fun I had with a Halo game. Halo 2's legendary was definitely much tougher than Combat Evolved's, sadly Halo 3's legendary campaign was far too easy, with ODST, but back onto the topic, I thin 343 did a decent job, though I do wish the campaign was a bit more detailed, but they are doing a trilogy like Bungie did so the ending was more of a cliff hanger then "that's how Halo ends" type of thing
---
Lets have a moment of silence for all of our Fallen Spartans. We'll never forget you.
#78Pacman2dxPosted 11/18/2012 1:14:04 AM
There hasn't been a Halo game that I have not enjoyed to some degree, I'm having a lot of fun with this one.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless ..
#79CyunPosted 11/18/2012 6:11:56 AM
Cyun posted...
Cyun posted...
The Didact is a Forerunner. The Covenant worship Forerunners, seeing them as gods. It is fairly OBVIOUS why the sided with him, you don't need to read any of the books to make that connection.

Along with that, common sense tells you that a religion just doesn't die. Did you REALLY think that everyone who believed in the Covenant would just go "Oh, I guess the Great Journey is fake!" once the Prophets are dead? No. The Covenant has been around since 938 BC, they're not going anywhere any time soon. Although, the Arbiter has been trying to get Elites on his side.

LOL At saying the music has zero soul, listen to 117 or Green and Blue.

And do I even need to argue that previous Halo's had much better music? I can't remember a single identifiable piece from Halo 4 because it all sounds like every other hollywood movie and that's something I thought I would never say about a Halo game. Actually I take that back, one piece was clearly plagiarized from star wars so I guess I can recall that.

She said she was surprised that he rounded them up that quickly
Also "I thought we had a truce with the Covenant" He did ask about them, at least twice, in the first mission. They came to the answer that it was a rouge faction. So, they did explain, you just won't accept it.

As a diehard Halo fan, I am very pleased with this. Like another of my posts, I consider this the best Halo game.

Lolwut? They didn't take anything from Star Wars and it doesn't sound like a "Hollywood movie" it fits this Halo perfectly.

Again having one throw away line that neither explains who this new faction is or why their fighting us is poor storytelling. Also don't forget that terrible line "these covenant are more fanatical than the one's we fought before." Um so you came up to that conclusion after fighting them for like two minutes? What makes them so much different to fight again?

Also if this doesn't sound like star wars to you then your clearly in denial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbjA6rB98Yk&feature=youtu.be&t=37m35s

now compare that to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=414hGL_n1x4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_2HdYRzr1M

Okay. No. I totally get you. I didn't even have to click the other links to make the connection. Its hilarious enough.
I'll just say the game speaks more to fans who are looking for those outside references in the game; much of it is just a reward to those 'insiders.'

that's fair, but I also feel the story of the game should stand on it's own and not require those outside references for context. Let me just be clear I feel the game is totally competent, great even at points, but as a full on Halo title and with the potential there was with this one ya I'm a little disappointed.
---
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/KargTheVile/4or46f6.gif
#80BrazenHunter076Posted 11/18/2012 6:20:22 AM
No game has ever disappointed me more than Reach did.

I think this is the best Halo game since 2, and I'm one of those freaks who thinks 2 had both the best multiplayer AND campaign.

Anyways, 4 is a terrific game, and I love the hell out of it.
---
Xbox Gamertag: Swaggerbeard
PSN ID: BrazenSwagger