Is Halo 4 the biggest disappointment in franchise history?

#81zyxomma100Posted 11/18/2012 5:34:26 AM(edited)
Halo 4 a disappointment? I think it's the best in the series since 2.

ODST was a massive disappointment. When it comes to the story, it's one of the most boring games I've played in the last few years.

That being said, looking back I'm very disappointed at what could have been. This could very well have been the best game in the series by far, but it just comes short in some basic presentation.

The story could be great, but the storytelling is miserable. There's no explanation as to what's going on. To simply dismiss the fact that you're fighting Elites again after 10 seconds of mulling it over in the first mission is ridiculous. And yeah, I understood the origins of the Forerunners and the Didact because I read all the hidden terminals in 3 and learned about the extended universe... but Christ, anyone who only played the games must have just been hopelessly lost because nothing was explained very well.
#82SahdukPosted 11/18/2012 5:32:59 AM
baldurs gate dark alliance would like a word with you
#83pookiejinPosted 11/18/2012 6:06:45 AM(edited)
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
IcyBlaze_XZ posted...

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15806
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=16208

First link had: The price point has not yet been determined.

Second link had nothing about price.

Would you care to try again?

not to be a buttinski (or am i?) but here's some more clairification:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/halo-3-recon-only-3-5-hours-long

This announces a cut rate price, however the game was not fully formed into ODST, it was called Recon.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ms-defends-odst-move-to-full-price

This is MS defending the price hike after Bungie had announced the lower price point.

do with this information what you will. Either Bungie jumped the gun, or MS pressured to a higher price point when they saw Bungie was producing a bigger game than originally planned.
#84pookiejinPosted 11/18/2012 6:03:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#85SirenHunterPosted 11/18/2012 6:09:57 AM
Halo CE had the wow factor.
Halo 2 and 3 had fun online (although vastly different with three being less competitive but more fun in terms of custom games)
Halo 4 is quite new so hard to judge but the online atm is stellar and i'm enjoying every second, balanced gameplay, it feels quite raw but I like that.
ODST I completed and never touched again, boring.
Reach was also incredibly boring and gave me no reason to continue playing.
#86DuwstaiPosted 11/18/2012 7:52:37 AM
with three being less competitive but more fun in terms of custom games

wtf?
---
balls
#87SunDevil77Posted 11/18/2012 7:55:25 AM
cyborg9 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Hazmat963 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
cyborg9 posted...
diablo 3

Is good.

Just kidding

no

you're some casual video game moron. Who like gets pumped for video games but in the end sucks at them. Diablo 3 was the biggest let down of the century. Compared to diablo 2. Diablo 3 could of been just some random game, Not even worth of being called diablo

NERDRAGE
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#88WingZero0782Posted 11/18/2012 8:13:00 AM(edited)
Campaign: 3/4, Reach, Wars, ODST, 2, CE (my order keeps changing but the top two are always 3 & 4).

Reach had some amazing parts but the story ruined both the Fall of Reach and Halo CE/CEA (I think 343 should've put in some extra dialogue and scenes in CEA to make it continue from Reach, but I blame Bungie for making up an unnecessary story and characters and should've followed the book)
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#89pillerofautumnPosted 11/18/2012 8:14:43 AM
If you say Halo 3 was the best of the series, you make it really hard for me to believe you actually owned a Xbox.

Didn't read the entire topic, but wanted to make a point on this. I did own an XBOX, in fact, I bought one just for Halo back in High School so I could practice and play with my friends. I wore the hell out of Halo 1. Halo 2 came out and I fell in love with the multiplayer. Halo 3, for me, improved upon everything in Halo 2. Halo 3 is the best Halo in the franchise for me.

Halo 4 comes in third after Halo 2. Halo 1 is behind them because I respect that it got me into the series, but I don't play games like this for the campaign. It's about the gameplay and the multiplayer. If it were for campaign, Halo 1 would be #1 and Halo 4 would be last. This campaign was convoluted, seemed insignificant and hard to follow, but that might have been cause I was talking the entire time.
#90Garviel_LokanPosted 11/18/2012 8:25:02 AM
The story does tell you why they are there AND why they ally. -_-

*spoilers*

They are a raiding group and the diedact mind controls them.
---
To this day.... we still dont know...... WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!?