Is Halo 4 the biggest disappointment in franchise history?

#91WingZero0782Posted 11/18/2012 9:26:14 AM
I got an Xbox for Halo CE and it was awesome, but each game has improved over the other (except ODST & Reach over 3).

Halo CE hasn't aged all that well imo (even CEA) so it has one of the worst campaigns imo and the story is worse thanks to Reach.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#92wesker741Posted 11/18/2012 9:44:03 AM
Nope, Diablo 3 is.
---
"Do not fear the AI director, for Coach, Louis, and the Holy Chocolate protect all who believe in them."
Pills 2:17
#93Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/18/2012 10:13:56 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
IcyBlaze_XZ posted...
nah it was.

stated's probably a strong word. but they definitely didn't originally think it would be a full price game (they never had any say either way though)

Then I'm sure you can quote them.

In an promotional video a dev said it wasn't going to be full priced.

Not looking up the video, it still happened regardless.
#94WingZero0782Posted 11/18/2012 10:17:31 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
IcyBlaze_XZ posted...
nah it was.

stated's probably a strong word. but they definitely didn't originally think it would be a full price game (they never had any say either way though)

Then I'm sure you can quote them.

In an promotional video a dev said it wasn't going to be full priced.

Not looking up the video, it still happened regardless.

In the UK it was half price.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#95palkiavsdialga2Posted 11/18/2012 10:17:37 AM
Imo Halo 4 matchmaking is the best in the franchise but the campaign had a lot of potential to improve. I realize that leaving the audience asking questions is a good thing but when you make the campaign impossible to comprehend without reading the books/playing the other games it's kinda overdoing it.
---
"Hey Scotty! Jesus, Man."
#96EliteGuard99Posted 11/18/2012 10:28:55 AM(edited)
Definitely Halo 4.

Though you could make an argument with Dragon Age II.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#97NeuralLaxativePosted 11/18/2012 10:34:05 AM
People get their jimmies so rustled when developers deviate from the formula.

Lets take a look at it: we played the **** out of halo CE and halo 2 for soooo many god damn years. I gotta be honest when halo 3 came out I was a little burned out on halo but I still played it quite a bit; while it was no halo 2 it still played alot like its predecessors. Then MWF came out and we all (most of us) played the **** out of that, because it was different, and good. Then, it was World at War, MWF2, BO (which looks like a lot of games but that's like a 3-4 year span of games, roughly the length of halo CE-halo 3). Now I picked up MWF3, but I barely even played it, it's the same thing over and over and I'm tired of it. I picked up black ops 2 thinkin the futuristic crap would help, but it still plays the same. Likewise, I picked up ODST and Reach but never got into them simply because I've done the halo formula so many times that I never feel like I'm playing a different game.

I'm enjoying halo 4, because it plays enough like CoD to not feel like halo and enough like halo to not feel like CoD. In short, it's different enough to hold my interest and its good. Honestly how many times can you people play the same game over and over again and not get tired of it? You complain that developers never change but you keep buying the same shovelware over and over again, why should they if that's what works? Why innovate?
---
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
#98aya469Posted 11/18/2012 10:58:58 AM
IcyBlaze_XZ posted...
Halo 4's the best Halo game since 2, and possibly might be the best Halo game released yet.

This, I had some reservations about 343 taking over but those were dispelled as soon as I started playing the game
---
Seriously, who farted?
#99littlebro07Posted 11/18/2012 10:59:47 AM
3 was the most disappointing to me.

And Treyarch should be the primary CoD developer from now on. Black Ops > Modern Warfare(excluding CoD4) any day.
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#100iceman505Posted 11/18/2012 11:02:00 AM
Halo 2 is the only one I can say I was ever disappointed with. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I judge Halo primarily by the quality of the campaigns. I also like the MP, but that's always been an extra in my eyes, not the primary reason I buy them. Yes, I'm one of the super nerds that gets hyped for a new book.