Regicide.

#1definaturalPosted 11/17/2012 8:13:36 PM
I'm struggling to imagine the thought process that the 343 developers went through.

'Right, so free for all. A nice simple gametype. How can we screw this up in the most devastating way possible? Firstly, the leader has a massive 'kill me' sign over their head which the common moron will instinctively follow. Secondly, to make sure said moron will chase that sign, we will give the moron extra points for killing the leader. But that's not enough. For each kill the leader gets, the bounty on their head increases so when one of the not-so-good players kill him, he will get pretty much as many points that the leader has accumulated for the kills they have earned therefore nullifying their efforts. Sound good to everyone? Good.'

'Wait!' said a tiny voice in the back.

'Yes?'

'How about we gear most of the challenges to that gametype just to up the frustration levels even further?'

'I have high hopes for you.'

This rant as you may have noticed was fuelled by the Regicide gametype. Thank you for listening.
---
Xbox Live GamerTag: AllahIsCool
The only woman i'm loving is my mum, at least if she breaks my heart she'll make me dinner afterwards.
#2abel13111Posted 11/17/2012 8:28:45 PM
Agreed. I still enjoy regicide, but the king needs something more to account for the fact that he's ALWAYS visible on the map and that when he gets killed, the person that killed him gets a massive point increase.

If the buffs would come faster that would help, or if that when you're king you could call in ordinance drops. Just throwing out ideas here.
---
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain
#3definatural(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 8:30:41 PM
I think they should take the king aspect out the equation entirely. A nice 1v1v1v1v1v1. Nice and simple.
---
Xbox Live GamerTag: AllahIsCool
The only woman i'm loving is my mum, at least if she breaks my heart she'll make me dinner afterwards.
#4InkontrolPosted 11/17/2012 8:36:00 PM
^ that
---
https://twitter.com/Inkontrol2 - my media twitter (movies, tv shows, music, gaming)
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=inkontrol
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 11/17/2012 8:50:23 PM(edited)
It's more or less Juggernaut from MW3 with the overshield not kicking in immediately and the scoring system being a bit different, but the basic idea is the same. I still prefer free for all over Juggernaut and Regicide.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels