What's Up With The Lack Of Ammo?

#1Diggy_JPosted 11/17/2012 11:35:22 PM
sparse ammo is just mean-spirited in a pure shooter like this. this game isn't silent hill..its not some resource management survival game..its a damn shooter and ammo should never be an issue

they were pretty scant on the ammo in this one. I constantly had to scavenge half-emptied weapons just to survive
#2DarkstaPosted 11/17/2012 11:39:26 PM
It got frustrating on Legendary. While I can appreciate the realism of picking up and enemy gun and finding it not full, getting a few shots off before having to then find another weapon sucks.

That being said, I never ran completely dry to the point I had to start meleeing enemies.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#3iceman505Posted 11/18/2012 12:45:51 AM
Yeah, it is quite annoying, and a very poor way of increasing difficulty.
#4darkboaPosted 11/18/2012 12:50:13 AM
Yeah, I would have loved the unlimited ammo skull from Halo Anniversary to be in Halo 4.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: DarkBoa
PSN: CrimsonBoa
#5iceman505Posted 11/18/2012 9:47:34 AM
darkboa posted...
Yeah, I would have loved the unlimited ammo skull from Halo Anniversary to be in Halo 4.

That would have just unbalanced the game too. What needs to return is being able to carry a good amount of ammo on you ala Halo CE. With each subsequent Halo since, carrying capacity has been continually reduced. Hell, Covie Plasma weapons lose their charge so fast in 4 that it's insulting.

I'm guessing these decisions were made for MP balance, but keep it out of the campaign please.
#6Diggy_J(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:23:36 AM
i hate having to scavenge for weapons constantly
#7TheMuffinPosted 11/18/2012 10:30:17 AM
I don't have this problem. Any time I'm getting low, there always seems to be another ammo cache sitting there in front of me.
---
Reel_Big_Mike~ That's like asking if you want to drink regular bleach or color safe bleach. Either way, you're gonna have a bad time.
#8deathmyrkPosted 11/18/2012 10:31:45 AM
i know what you mean. Chapter 3 campaign was TORTURE. I hate, hate, HATE that frickin' stage because what would have been an easy 20-30 minute run turned into a 2-hour gun-search-fest! It was primarily two areas: the one with the banshees (don't hover too close to the enemies, they could hijack your vehicle), the part with those two big spiky back creatures (forgive me, I'm a noob), and the last area of the game. I think what also makes it tough is that the weapons have been nerfed and the enemies' defenses have been decreased. I can't tell you how much rounds I plugged into one of those bastards before they dropped. I know the game isn't supposed to be easy, but, agreeing with other people, the game felt a lot like Silent Hill (and even Adam Wake) in the survival department.

* I got through act 3, and finding that because I didn't save and started from a waypoint, that I didn't get my achievement. I didn't want to advance without it, but despise that one level so much I haven't played campaign since. Frankly, I don't miss one bit and find War Games a more refreshing and rewarding experience.
---
XBL GT: Deathmyrk
#9no1oblivionfanPosted 11/18/2012 10:39:24 AM
I like that change to be honest. Have to make sure every shot connects, which adds to the difficulty I suppose.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#10TyrantKnightPosted 11/18/2012 10:45:31 AM
I never had this problem during my playthrough except on the one where I had to keep a UNSC weapon throughout the whole mission.
I notice that if I use all of my ammo shooting crawlers I run out pretty quickly if I miss headshots.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN