This doesn't feel like a Halo game (sp, no spoilers please)

#1cutelilmurdererPosted 11/18/2012 12:05:27 AM
Maybe it's the silly generic music or the different voices, this game so far just feels like another shooter. I've always been a fan of the series and Reach was such a fun game. This game has stuff that appears in Killzone 3 (Playstation 3 title) and feels unoriginal and overdone. What's weird is that it is more beautiful visually than any of the other games! I feel weird playing this game, like I am cheating on my gal or something. Does anyone have this feeling? I'm not even that big of a Halo fan and even less of a shooter fan. Call me nuts, but I feel like this is like some sort of superhero rehash. It makes me a little bummed is all, like someone lied to me. The Halo 4 edition box looks cool at least. What can y'do?
---
xfire:cutelilmurderer, LIVE: XxCLMxX
#2ServarePosted 11/18/2012 12:06:49 AM
I think we are playing different games.
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#3Damien 5000Posted 11/18/2012 12:08:39 AM
Frankly, the only thing that made me feel like the game wasn't a Halo game was that I felt like there were less vehicle levels, which I didn't mind, and that Masterchief seemed much more talkative, which I didn't mind either.

My only complaint is that I felt like the Flood were much more frightening/fun to play against, than the Prometheans.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#4jihadwarriorPosted 11/18/2012 12:28:14 AM
Not sure what you're getting that feeling from. Maybe just simple story/design choices feel different cause of the new company producing the game.
I mean it's still Halo to me, recharging shields, vehicles etc.
And to the guy who said there weren't enough vehicle levels, I can think of three off the top of my head right now.
3/7 is plenty!
Ghost chase, Elephant/Mammoth ride, Star Fox.
---
Now if you'll excuse me, Im goin scuba diving with Chris Tucker and Aqua Man.---
D3 Hero Profile-http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rambro-1133/hero/4077328
#5SRR CapdownPosted 11/18/2012 12:35:09 AM
Generic music? The soundtrack is amazing, as per usual.

There are certainly elements that don't feel as Halo-y, but that's because they're taking it in a new direction. The original games were more military shooter in space, whilst Halo 4 was a lot more science fiction. And rather than it be about Chief running around taking orders from people, it was very solitary and focused a lot on the Chief/Cortana relationship and what he is willing to do for her.

I thought it was great and it it still felt like Halo, just a better, newer version.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#6cutelilmurderer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 12:48:32 AM
I mean, it IS Halo but there is something not Halo-ey underlying. The soundtrack does not feel amazing like it used to, there is certainly something different about the feel of the music. I have to admit though that I do not have a good sound system anymore and maybe that has a lot to do with it.
---
xfire:cutelilmurderer, LIVE: XxCLMxX
#7Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/18/2012 12:57:28 AM
"Maybe it's the silly generic music"

First time I've honestly stopped reading a post.
#8Governator00Posted 11/18/2012 1:26:09 AM
cutelilmurderer posted...
I mean, it IS Halo but there is something not Halo-ey underlying. The soundtrack does not feel amazing like it used to, there is certainly something different about the feel of the music. I have to admit though that I do not have a good sound system anymore and maybe that has a lot to do with it.

I felt the same way at first but after I listened to the soundtrack a few times I realized that it's every bit as good as good ole Marty's soundtracks. Well, besides Halo 2 at least.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.