343 Servers are a joke.

#41ajko000Posted 11/18/2012 1:29:05 AM
gtafan16 posted...
ajko000 posted...
jediknight52501 posted...
ajko000 posted...
Sigh... Console only gamers....

This game, like Reach and many console games, does not have dedicated servers, the games are hosted off of the person who is best suited for hosting's connection.

Example:

Whoever has the fastest Upload Speed, is the host for that match.

Upload Speed is basically what determines your ability to host and "give" internet.

Download Speed is what determines your ability to "receive" internet. Download Speed basically determines your Internet's Speed, for example.
and my ISP is Mediacom.

Wut? Why does that matter? It doesn't matter who your ISP is, EVERYONE'S connection is terrible, most people are just too stupid to realize it. 343i put in a little trinket that allows smooth gameplay, even when lag is present. Of course there is a limit, but if the trinket wasn't in the game, everyone would be dropping and teleporting, constantly.

Trinkets. This guy...

:3
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#42LoneWolf4545Posted 11/18/2012 1:30:50 AM
jediknight52501 posted...
JRS511 posted...
I thought Gears 3 servers were smooth as silk most of the time. There really is no excuse for these servers. I love the game but its frustrating. I think from here on out all AAA titles should have betas to stress test the servers. They knew this game was going to be huge. No reason they should not of had a beta.

they did Beta Test Gears Of War 3. at least EA Beta Tests Battlefield and Medal Of Honor.

Yeah and how were the servers in Battlefield? Absolutely terrible at launch. Games lagged like crazy, people got kicked out constantly and the servers went down for hours at a time where people couldn't even play.

Reach was the same way at launch. Probably not as bad as that but not even close to being great. Reach's servers were great after the first few months and so are Battlefields. Its pretty much how most games are.
---
Gt: swkids
#43jediknight52501(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 1:48:25 PM
i even tested the new discs for M$ for Halo Reach last year.
---
it is good to be back. XBL-UGC Jedi Master, PSN-Creepy_Crandall, Steam-jediknight52501
#44jediknight52501(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 12:33:39 AM
seems the servers are working fine again.
---
it is good to be back. XBL-UGC Jedi Master, PSN-Creepy_Crandall, Steam-jediknight52501
#45XeroShinobiPosted 11/19/2012 12:39:27 AM
ajko000 posted...
Sigh... Console only gamers....

This game, like Reach and many console games, does not have dedicated servers, the games are hosted off of the person who is best suited for hosting's connection.

Example:

Whoever has the fastest Upload Speed, is the host for that match.

Upload Speed is basically what determines your ability to host and "give" internet.

Download Speed is what determines your ability to "receive" internet. Download Speed basically determines your Internet's Speed, for example.

This game has an absolutely atrocious host priority protocol. It SHOULD pick the person with the highest upload (or at least make upload speed a huge factor), but all it seems to do is pick the person with the best ping to the matchmaking server. I've confirmed this in friend-only games where we all knew for a fact I had the best upload by a considerable margin and yet I was rarely (1/10 times, maybe) the host.
---
Currently playing: not much