Call of Halo?

#1SickestRiffsPosted 11/18/2012 2:06:09 AM(edited)
I haven't played the game yet but judging by videos and things other people have said, it looks like they used a lot of mechanics from CoD? It seems much faster paced than Halo 3's floaty snail-paced gameplay.
---
A bikini is an outfit that exposes 90% of a woman's body. The amazing fact is that men are so decent, they only look at the 10% that isn't.
#2SAMCROftwPosted 11/18/2012 2:08:08 AM
It's fast

and fun

and better than Mod of Dookie Lag Compensation Bad Hit Detection Terribad maps dudebro-Ops 2.
#3Wolfsangel90Posted 11/18/2012 2:16:34 AM
There are CoD-style features that help pick up the pace of gameplay, but I think its unfair that some people criticize it for this. Its not ripping off CoD so much as its just becoming a modern shooter. Another Halo without any significant changes would have been awful for the franchise, I think.
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 11/18/2012 2:29:44 AM
There are unfortunately a lot of similarities, and it's hard to deny that Halo has lifted a lot of things from Call of Duty. Defenders of this (and it really does not need defending) posit that these features originated in other games and such. This is true. However, every single feature as a group is present in Call of Duty, and no game I can think of has every single new feature (or even anywhere as near as many features) to Halo 4 that Halo and Call of Duty have in common, except Call of Duty. Additionally, as the genre's leader in sales (and a setter of sales records in general), Call of Duty is the sort of thing you'd look to if you were going to copy features in the first place.

Now, on the other hand, in defense of Halo adding in new features that have no comparison to Call of Duty, look at this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64651900

Particularly, I made a list in the last 15 posts or so summarizing the things Halo does that do not have a translatable equivalent in Call of Duty, and Wookie and I had a discussion which a point or two will be added to the last list I made. I wouldn't recommend reading the first 50 some pages of that thread because it was a lot of "GTFO TROLL" and "HALO IS NOTHING LIKE COD!!!" and "YOU SHOULD LEAVE THIS BOARD!!!!" when I specifically was creating a list in order to praise the game's unique features and to point out how it is different from Call of Duty. So, don't read those first 50 posts or so, because it's an unfortunate amount of fanboyism and idiocy arguing with false accusations abound, and I'm still getting accusations of being a troll and needing to "gtfo these boards" in random topics.

There's the defense of the game in terms of new, unique features. Here's what you've probably heard in similarities: killcams, join in progress, scorestreaks, care packages (ordnance drops), loadouts, perks (some of these perks are exact copies of CoD perks like Warlord, Scavenger, Marathon, etc.), gun unlocks tied to leveling up, instant respawns, Regicide mode is a lot like Juggernaut from MW3, etc.

To sum up an analysis from yours truly, considered to be the board's worst "troll" because he wanted an objective list of comparisons and contrasts between Halo 4 and the Call of Duty series, Halo 4 borrows a lot of features from CoD, but it still plays like Halo for the most part. It also adds in just as many, if not more, new features that do not have an equivalent in CoD. An unfortunate drawback is that control of a map isn't the same as in previous games (since there are random weapon spawns and ordnance drops), but the game is still good. However, if you did want to compare Halo 4 to one game in terms of which game has most of the new features to Halo 4, it actually would be a Call of Duty title.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 11/18/2012 2:35:17 AM
Here's a link to the current list, and I have just updated it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64651900/724508278

This should show a list of unique features not related to CoD that were added fresh with Halo 4, and it has come with community input (well, you know, after all the "GTFO TROLL!!!!" people realized I wasn't going away).
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels