How are some guns great in the campaign but awful in MP?

#1supervegito24Posted 11/18/2012 9:15:32 AM
Exs:
Suppressor
Scattershot
Carbine

And also, what happened to the other brute weapons in the multiplayer, and the brutes in single player? I don't remember anything from Glasslands about brutes, but they were a great addition to the game and should have made a return.
---
Radeon AMD A6-3400M APU Quad-core ~1.4GHz. 8gigs RAM AMD Radeon 6520G Windows 7
#2tarzanmxPosted 11/18/2012 9:16:43 AM
They warred themselves to near-extinction. I don't think they're even capable of spacefaring anymore.
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#3pillerofautumnPosted 11/18/2012 9:17:51 AM
They warred themselves to near-extinction. I don't think they're even capable of spacefaring anymore.

The Krogan?
#4Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/18/2012 9:18:29 AM
tarzanmx posted...

Well this and also the covenant found in the game are part of some splinter group. And with the Elites being the leaders of the group, I sort of doubt they would allow Brutes in it after the whole getting replaced by them fiasco by the prophets.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#5Garviel_LokanPosted 11/18/2012 9:22:24 AM
The carbine is uber in multiplayer. Mid range range is where its the champ. It can fight effective up close and is rather poor far away.
---
To this day.... we still dont know...... WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!?
#6Hunter2huntedPosted 11/18/2012 9:23:40 AM
The AI functions differently than a human player. It will use different tactics which make it more vulnerable, such as burst fire, pacing shots, and not using cover very frequently.
---
GT: brnginDhuricane
"Yes." -Xolace
#7BurnsDepartmentPosted 11/18/2012 9:32:04 AM
Garviel_Lokan posted...
The carbine is uber in multiplayer. Mid range range is where its the champ. It can fight effective up close and is rather poor far away.

As far as I know, the Carbine has the same killtime as the DMR, it's much weaker on vehicles, gets less ammo and has no inaccuracy at long range whatsoever, an advantage not shared by the DMR.
So there's no reason I can see that it would be worse or better at any range unless you're fighting a DMR/BR at long range.
What's your rationale for this?
#8BryanPS360Posted 11/18/2012 9:36:51 AM
The Scattershot is still powerful in the MP.

The Carbine also isn't awful. It's just overlooked by a good chunk of the community because the damage is low. It still has a high rate of fire and excellent accuracy though.
---
XBGT:ABN THUG 210 PSN: ABNTHUG210
#9Garviel_LokanPosted 11/18/2012 9:49:57 AM
You need to lower your shot speed considerably to get shots on head at great distances with the carbine.
---
To this day.... we still dont know...... WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!?
#10Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/18/2012 9:57:54 AM
What?

The brutes were terrible and ruined halo 3's campaign