Quick question.

#1Vexx303Posted 11/18/2012 3:32:50 PM
Is there a limit or trick when using forge to make the "Base Shields" Work properly with a base? I've set them on DOM_Shields, but for some reason, out of the 3 shields, only 2 will pop when the base is captured.

Same is happening with the barriers, only 2/3 are fortifying upon capture.

I was watching some youtube videos and the people creating their own Dominion maps didnt seem to be having this issue...
#2OLDBOYviciousPosted 11/18/2012 3:40:10 PM
try makin the first one, set all the settings for it, hen use "duplicate object" as opposed to making each one seperately.
---
Is it really true that questions no longer require question marks!
To get to High Hrothgar, you gotta get past a troll or two.
#3Vexx303(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 3:49:45 PM
Regardless of doing it that way or not, all the settings match...I've even deleted/moved the shields...Sometimes it changes on "Which shields spawn", but usually it's only 2/3 spawning...
#4OLDBOYviciousPosted 11/18/2012 4:34:45 PM
thats really strange; Im not at home right now but next time Im in forge Ill play around with it and see if I can figure anything out and post it for ya
---
Is it really true that questions no longer require question marks!
To get to High Hrothgar, you gotta get past a troll or two.
#5WBH420Posted 11/18/2012 4:38:52 PM
I have had the same problem lol I think the forge is kinda messed up.
---
"I am the one who knocks" - Heisenberg-
#6Vexx303(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 5:43:10 PM
What makes it even more odd is that I added other shields in the AO, and those will work, but it's just the same ones that have issues...My guess is there's a reason, for example certain sides of the shield have to always be covered/etc...But I'm not sure yet...I'll keep playing with it.

Been having the issues when I put he shields between custom "Walls" and in between rocks...
#7Vexx303(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:08:20 PM
I dont know what the defining cause is, but I have figured out that if you place turrets or vehicles too close to the shields, they will not spawn until said item has re-spawned/moved/been destroyed.

I'm sure there are additional variables, but these seem to be the main ones I've noticed/fixed/found.

Sucks that the only Tutorials online dont go much into detail other than "Label it this, set it up by placing and pressing A...etc"