Quick question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Quick question.

User Info: Vexx303

Vexx303
4 years ago#1
Is there a limit or trick when using forge to make the "Base Shields" Work properly with a base? I've set them on DOM_Shields, but for some reason, out of the 3 shields, only 2 will pop when the base is captured.

Same is happening with the barriers, only 2/3 are fortifying upon capture.

I was watching some youtube videos and the people creating their own Dominion maps didnt seem to be having this issue...

User Info: OLDBOYvicious

OLDBOYvicious
4 years ago#2
try makin the first one, set all the settings for it, hen use "duplicate object" as opposed to making each one seperately.
Is it really true that questions no longer require question marks!
To get to High Hrothgar, you gotta get past a troll or two.

Vexx303
4 years ago#3
Regardless of doing it that way or not, all the settings match...I've even deleted/moved the shields...Sometimes it changes on "Which shields spawn", but usually it's only 2/3 spawning...

User Info: OLDBOYvicious

OLDBOYvicious
4 years ago#4
thats really strange; Im not at home right now but next time Im in forge Ill play around with it and see if I can figure anything out and post it for ya
Is it really true that questions no longer require question marks!
To get to High Hrothgar, you gotta get past a troll or two.

User Info: WBH420

WBH420
4 years ago#5
I have had the same problem lol I think the forge is kinda messed up.
"I am the one who knocks" - Heisenberg-

Vexx303
4 years ago#6
What makes it even more odd is that I added other shields in the AO, and those will work, but it's just the same ones that have issues...My guess is there's a reason, for example certain sides of the shield have to always be covered/etc...But I'm not sure yet...I'll keep playing with it.

Been having the issues when I put he shields between custom "Walls" and in between rocks...

Vexx303
4 years ago#7
I dont know what the defining cause is, but I have figured out that if you place turrets or vehicles too close to the shields, they will not spawn until said item has re-spawned/moved/been destroyed.

I'm sure there are additional variables, but these seem to be the main ones I've noticed/fixed/found.

Sucks that the only Tutorials online dont go much into detail other than "Label it this, set it up by placing and pressing A...etc"
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Quick question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived