The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

For the halo veterans, how do you honestly feel about halo 4?

#1splodesplodePosted 11/18/2012 8:16:45 PM
I've played This game since ce, and have loved it since. I have 5-6 k games in both h3 and reach. Played h2 online too before my box red ringed. But something about h4 I can't put my finger on. It doesn't feel like halo to me anymore, I wasn't the best at the game, but I am somewhat competitive but halo 4 feels foreign to me.

Do any veterans have the same problem ? How do u feel about h4? I can't get into this game at all, but with all the other ones I logged in countless hours of gameplay .
---
^_^
#2Pyronix337Posted 11/18/2012 8:19:40 PM
I've been a huge fan of Halo since Combat Evolved, and I think Halo 4 is great. It runs at a different pace and doesn't really follow the classic Halo feel like the original trilogy did, but that's not to say it's not a great game. 343 Industries did a pretty good job, considering they had to take over a series like Halo
#3LEGEND_725Posted 11/18/2012 8:21:52 PM
I love it. 343 could of just made a replica of Halo 3 which would of been alright but a bit cowardly. I am impressed with how the additons they added make it feel like a new game while still mostly keeping the halo core gameplay. Of course not everyone can be pleased but so far I love this game.
---
RIP Gamespot 5/21/09 - 5/8/12. . .
#4mr_blobby213Posted 11/18/2012 8:21:56 PM
Its not my favourite Halo game, but its still a damn good one.
---
Games that need sequels - Kung Fu Chaos, Enclave, Kingdom Under Fire, Brink.
Mournhold, city of light! City of magic!!
#5ViktorMaxPosted 11/18/2012 8:22:12 PM
Overall, absolutely great game play, but i still feel like it is missing something. I feel like the maps just don't do it for me.
---
True dat.
#6xXbeanXx7Posted 11/18/2012 8:22:31 PM
i know what your talking about sorta. it still feels like halo to me but its like there is a bit of other shooters mixed in there as well now. mainly I think what is throwing you off is the change of pace, since they buffed all the loadout guns dramatically the times to kill are way shorter then every before which changes the pace by alot. Its pace is now like a mix between COD and Halo, at first it threw me off and i hated it but now that im used to it i actually like it! if your playing slayer its now all about teamwork since 1v2's are now virtually unwinnable, just stick with your team and work to gather and the game seems to fall into place and is quite a lot of fun.... sorry bout the long post : P
#7KaItrakPosted 11/18/2012 8:22:43 PM
Personally, I feel that this game is way to fast pace for Halo. The lack of weapons on the map also give me a very different feel as well.
#8NightMarishPiePosted 11/18/2012 8:23:00 PM
I feel Halo 4 is a great, breath of fresh air. Halo Reach was a big let down for me until 343 took over, but by that point I had pretty much given up hope on Reach. Playing Halo 4 with all my friends....It's like the good old days from Halo 2 and 3. I know this is 343's first big release, and I have confidence they will make this one of the best Halos, if not the best Halo to date.
---
"Who dares, wins"
XBL: The Armada
#9goldeneye728Posted 11/18/2012 8:23:13 PM
I've played probably as much as you, maybe a little less of Reach though. There's the CoD influences but I don't know, it still feels like Halo to me. But yeah a little less than the other ones. But it's still fun I think, which is the biggest thing.
#10mike468Posted 11/18/2012 8:27:22 PM
ViktorMax posted...
Overall, absolutely great game play, but i still feel like it is missing something. I feel like the maps just don't do it for me.

Agreed. I think no game since, has managed to top the MP maps in halo 2. Great Gameplay though in halo 4. I think with all the new stuff that has been added since halo 2 (gameplay wise, ie power-ups and leveling etc) Halo 4 has done the best job of incorporating it and not making it seem overwhelming or unbalanced or like it was an afterthought.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082