For the halo veterans, how do you honestly feel about halo 4?

#11lderivedxPosted 11/18/2012 8:29:10 PM
I think the basics are solid, but there are some things that need serious work.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/2bnn8k.jpg
#12DeftallicaPosted 11/18/2012 8:30:53 PM
I enjoy it. The only Halo I didn't like was Halo 2, and I didn't have Gold back then so my opinion of H2 is based solely on the campaign.

I think I've played the most multiplayer with Reach and now Halo 4. The only thing I'm kind of bummed about with Halo 4 is they ditched a lot of the humor for a more serious tone. The grunts are no longer goofy & humorous, that sort of thing. And while MC exudes a lot more badassery in this one, he doesn't rattle off much of anything in the way of humor, unfortunately.

My friend and I recently played through CE Anniversary and when Cortana is first given Chief and she says, "your interface is very similar to the Autumn's" and he replies, "don't get any funny ideas." Little things like that is one of the many things that makes the Halo series Halo.
---
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529
#13BansheeNTDmodePosted 11/18/2012 8:31:54 PM
Ive played combat evolved, halo 2, halo 3, odst, reach, halo hd anniversary and now halo 4.
I think it went downhill once 3 came out and they started milking their fans. Now they get super greedy and want to make it cod??
#14FlufyW0lf3yPosted 11/18/2012 8:35:05 PM
It's a good game most definitely, but I feel it doesn't take any skill now. Halo 2 and Halo 3 definitely took skill when it came to MP, but this game, though fun, just doesn't have the "pro" factor in it.
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393
#15SeraphLancePosted 11/18/2012 8:38:51 PM
I'm kind of mixed on the whole ordnance thing. I like how there's some recourse to the game if you start off on the wrong foot, rather than getting repeatedly destroyed by recycled and farmed power weapons. On the other hand, ordnance turns the game into a mildly toned down fiesta slayer. The enemy team should never simultaneously have three rocket launchers.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#16WingZero0782Posted 11/18/2012 8:56:29 PM(edited)
It's definitely up there with 3 as my favourite but 343 need to make improvements.

At the moment I think 343 has done a better job than when Bungie first started with the series (comparing Bungie & Halo CE with 343 & Halo 4).
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#17Heroicd23Posted 11/18/2012 8:57:23 PM
Unless nostalgia is getting me, Halo 4 just doesn't seem as fun as Halo 2 or 3. I also think Reach was better, but to a smaller extent. Reach was great with all those forge made maps in matchmaking.

I think the maps are the worst of any Halo game. Remember all the terrific maps on Halo 2? Most of the big team maps are awesome in this game though.

Several gametypes are altered to help less skilled players. Regicide is Rumble Pit/Lone Wolves but allows players with 17 kills to beat players with 23. If you are having a great game in Regicide it is a bad thing because you are the king the whole time and you get that 35 point bonus on your head. The whole time you cant get regicides and others can kill you and get that huge bonus over and over. Then when someone else becomes the king they have a small bonus so it is twice as hard to catch up.

King of the Hill has a set amount of points per hill rather than a hills staying for a set time and you can get as much time as possible while the hill is there. That designs the games to be naturally close scoring.

Swat and Team Slayer Pro do feel close to classic Halo though and that is great.

I also miss different levels for each playlist and levels actually meaning something.
Before if you were a high level it was actually impressive and since Reach it is just about how much you play. who cares how much you play?

Isn't it funny when you stick someone with a grenade, die, respawn before the grenade blows, and get a hail mary medal? or when you kill someone, die, spawn and get another kill for the double. Or when you kill someone just to have them insta-spawn next to you. These arent really complaints but just funny things that happen from instant spawn.

Don't get me wrong, I love the campaign and the multiplayer is fun but I feel it lacks the sense of accomplishment and has more cheapness than classic Halo.
#18Heroicd23Posted 11/18/2012 9:03:16 PM
Oh yea and no disadvantage when you carry the flag or oddball...WTF? Now instead of having to guard the player with the all important object they become a juggernaut.
#19FlufyW0lf3yPosted 11/18/2012 9:04:53 PM
mike468 posted...
ViktorMax posted...
Overall, absolutely great game play, but i still feel like it is missing something. I feel like the maps just don't do it for me.

Agreed. I think no game since, has managed to top the MP maps in halo 2. Great Gameplay though in halo 4. I think with all the new stuff that has been added since halo 2 (gameplay wise, ie power-ups and leveling etc) Halo 4 has done the best job of incorporating it and not making it seem overwhelming or unbalanced or like it was an afterthought.

Can I share your girlfriend?
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393
#20ChitinBoyPosted 11/18/2012 9:21:24 PM
I've been playing since CE...

1. Huge props to 343 for making such big changes to the multiplayer. Took balls and such
2. Haven't played much of the campaign, but I like it so far
3. New multiplayer is fun, but its...its not really Halo =/ Its more like Call of Duty than Halo now. Not that its not fun, I just like my Halo to be Halo and my CoD to be CoD. Both fun series.
4. Flood playlist made me so happy I can finally look like a zombie instead of just having all black armor and an energy sword
5. Maps are pretty bad, and I think I've played a grand total of 6 different maps. Disappointing.
6. Scattershot, Incineration Cannon, and DMR need nerfs T_T
---
"The confusion and adrenaline of 1000 autistic dovahkiins comes over me..."
New Orleans Saints 0-4