For the halo veterans, how do you honestly feel about halo 4?

#21BornAgainDanPosted 11/18/2012 8:36:55 PM
for my money, this is the best in the series. and it's up there with half life 2 as one of the best shooters i've ever played.
---
PSN - Born_Again_Dan
XBL - BornAgainDan
#22donkeydoopoo290Posted 11/18/2012 8:41:36 PM(edited)
Campaign was fantastic. Multiplayer is meh, but I don't play halo for the multiplayer(weird, eh). Well I guess I did, but it was Halo CE over XBconnect haha.

Quick list of what I like:
-fluidity of gameplay
-Feel of the weapons

Don't like:
-Loadouts(I know power weapons are still on the map, but team coordinated power weapon control isn't emphasized anymore)

-Instant spawn- Rediculous imo, Waiting 7 seconds to restart is a method to punish you for doing bad. If the other team kills all of your teammates, they should have a small advantage of temporary map control.

-Point system instead of kills now. +5 for distraction? I don't think you should be rewarded simply shooting someone across the map.Team slayer should be measured in slays. No ifs, ands or buts.

-Perks....

Yea, you may see a trend in what I dislike, but I don't think every popular game should have homogeneous features. Back to tribes:ascend:D

Edit: I only played two mp matches, so my critiques may be completely null, but thats my perspective. I still love halo, and thats why I'm so critical.
---
"When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car. - Jack Handey
#23thatman6sic6Posted 11/18/2012 8:41:19 PM
I love it... Ive played since CE... Only thing is, ive grown up... Im not as into games as I used 2 be... But as a halo fan this game is very good... Im glad true skill is back and working
---
xbl GT:thatman 6sic6 psn id:thatman_6sic6
#24Heroicd23Posted 11/18/2012 8:45:03 PM
donkeydoopoo290 posted...
Campaign was fantastic. Multiplayer is meh, but I don't play halo for the multiplayer(weird, eh). Well I guess I did, but it was Halo CE over XBconnect haha.

Quick list of what I like:
-fluidity of gameplay
-Feel of the weapons

Don't like:
-Loadouts(I know power weapons are still on the map, but team coordinated power weapon control isn't emphasized anymore)

-Instant spawn- Rediculous imo, Waiting 7 seconds to restart is a method to punish you for doing bad. If the other team kills all of your teammates, they should have a small advantage of temporary map control.

-Point system instead of kills now. +5 for distraction? I don't think you should be rewarded simply shooting someone across the map.Team slayer should be measured in slays. No ifs, ands or buts.

-Perks....

Yea, you may see a trend in what I dislike, but I don't think every popular game should have homogeneous features. Back to tribes:ascend:D

Edit: I only played two mp matches, so my critiques may be completely null, but thats my perspective. I still love halo, and thats why I'm so critical.

I completely agree man.
#25SS_MetalSonicPosted 11/18/2012 9:03:52 PM
this one is the best.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, LIMBO
Forza 4, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Halo 4, Skyrim, Fallout : NV
#26WebsandWigsPosted 11/18/2012 9:24:53 PM
I agree OP, I loved CE and 2, skipped 3 and Reach, but this one just doesn't feel good to me. I'm not sure why, but it's true
#27bd0g5Posted 11/18/2012 9:34:54 PM
This game definitely has potential, 343 just has to listen to the fans and fix all of these problems. Better maps wouldn't hurt, there just aren't enough small maps that suit 4v4 games.
---
I like turtles
#28F_WolfPosted 11/18/2012 10:48:25 PM
splodesplode posted...
I've played This game since ce, and have loved it since. I have 5-6 k games in both h3 and reach. Played h2 online too before my box red ringed. But something about h4 I can't put my finger on. It doesn't feel like halo to me anymore, I wasn't the best at the game, but I am somewhat competitive but halo 4 feels foreign to me.

Do any veterans have the same problem ? How do u feel about h4? I can't get into this game at all, but with all the other ones I logged in countless hours of gameplay .

As a halo veteran that only plays singleplayer, I rank this as the second worse game.
#29nedrithPosted 11/18/2012 11:14:47 PM
I'll first off say that I haven't gone online since halo 2, I hate most multiplayer FPSes, though I agree with @donkey, tribes:ascend and the entire series were one of the few multiplayer FPSes I really got into that and C&C: Renegade.

The campaign doesn't really feel there though. Nothing special about it. the story is decent but with that said it was relatively generic. some great visuals but nothing really new. The new promethean weapons just feel like reskins of the other weapons. there were no good air battles beyond that one scene, something I missed from halo 3. Overall it just really wasn't there. Also has to be only halo(granted haven't played ODST yet) that I didn't feel the need to conserve ammo, there was just way too much of it on the ground and nearby.

It just wasn't very polished.
#30RamboCell29Posted 11/18/2012 11:17:50 PM
Needs more maps and removal of instant spawns, along with a few more popular game types.