For the halo veterans, how do you honestly feel about halo 4?

#31RanmaRanmaPosted 11/19/2012 12:21:15 AM
Glitches are inexcusable and need to be fixed. Weapons could use some balance adjustments, but nerfing the DMR is not the way, the maps are okay but not great. Otherwise, best Halo yet. Campaign is the best, audio and visuals are the best, and the multiplayer trappings are the best rendition yet.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#32metroidman92Posted 11/19/2012 12:23:01 AM
343 really needs to iron out the connection issues, but it's solid overall. Granted, I've kind of fallen off the MP bandwagon over time, but playing this game doesn't leave me frustrated. I guess that's a plus.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
#33PAL360Posted 11/19/2012 4:18:04 AM
Eu tenho sido um fă de Halo enorme desde 2001, e eu estou amando Halo 4. Facilmente melhor do que os últimos jogos Bungie.
#34PAL360Posted 11/19/2012 4:28:47 AM
Damn translator lol
#35FriendofmePosted 11/19/2012 4:49:08 AM
No Halo game has really reached the heights of Halo 2 when it comes to multiplayer in my opinion so in a way I'm kinda glad they tried to change it up rather than repeatedly trying and failing to capture what made 2 so great. And I have to say I'm enjoying it quite a lot, but I definitely have a lot of issues with this game.

I don't like the removal of weapons on map. It eliminates all the strategy that came with map control and introduces a random element that I'm not a fan of when combined with ordnance drops. Previously you could know what weapons the enemy might have and plan accordingly. Now they could have literally anything from a Sword to a Rocket Launcher at any given time on any given map. Plus, on the modes that remove ordnance drops there are literally no power weapons after the first set despawn, what's the deal with that?

I dislike the lack of variety in the playlists, especially with no Big Team Objective. Also I wish they would put CTF, KOTH and Oddball into one playlist so I dont constantly have to back out of games and search in a new playlist if I want some variety. On a related note, where the heck is assault?

My other issues have pretty much already been covered in this thread

P.S Bring back double team
#36JolteonPosted 11/19/2012 5:08:28 AM
While I'm enjoying the multiplayer for the most part, and (again, for the most part) generally enjoy the changes/additions they've made...I kind've want to shake the people who act like it was "bold" for 343 to turn the game into Call of Halo: Modern Spartan.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#37xninjagrrlPosted 11/19/2012 5:10:13 AM
Gameplay wise, it's like a crappier version of Halo CE. The story was cute though so that saves it for me. Still think Halo 2 had the best storytelling and gameplay, campaign and mp. It's all opinion though. There are some folks who think ODST was the best thing ever. Whatever floats their boat.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#38FriendofmePosted 11/19/2012 5:10:52 AM
Jolteon posted...
While I'm enjoying the multiplayer for the most part, and (again, for the most part) generally enjoy the changes/additions they've made...I kind've want to shake the people who act like it was "bold" for 343 to turn the game into Call of Halo: Modern Spartan.

I've been meaning to ask somebody who says this, what exactly is Call of Duty-like about Halo 4 apart from loadouts? Loadouts which were in games before Call of Duty.
#39WingZero0782Posted 11/19/2012 5:11:01 AM
F_Wolf posted...
splodesplode posted...
I've played This game since ce, and have loved it since. I have 5-6 k games in both h3 and reach. Played h2 online too before my box red ringed. But something about h4 I can't put my finger on. It doesn't feel like halo to me anymore, I wasn't the best at the game, but I am somewhat competitive but halo 4 feels foreign to me.

Do any veterans have the same problem ? How do u feel about h4? I can't get into this game at all, but with all the other ones I logged in countless hours of gameplay .

As a halo veteran that only plays singleplayer, I rank this as the second worse game.

What's the worst?
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#40JolteonPosted 11/19/2012 5:22:38 AM
I've been meaning to ask somebody who says this, what exactly is Call of Duty-like about Halo 4 apart from loadouts? Loadouts which were in games before Call of Duty.

Well, before I begin, I want to point out that even if something was "in games before Call of Duty", that in no way changes the fact that Call of Duty is one of the most popular FPS properties on the market, and an enormously influential series. You could probably point to (Game X) as having been the first to come up with any number of things that CoD is known for, but the simple fact of the matter is that CoD is more instantly recognizable than almost any other FPS game. In other words, comparing a given mechanic to Call of Duty is NOT the same as saying that Call of Duty did it first, rather that Call of Duty popularized it.

So with that said: Custom loadouts that can be changed on the fly; weapon unlocks based on rank; perks (also based on rank); killstreak rewards; challenges; unlockable icons; Spec Ops (oh wait I mean Spartan Ops). Most of these things are brand new to the Halo series, and (Spec-Ops notwithstanding) all of those things are present in CoD games (post-4).
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?