For the halo veterans, how do you honestly feel about halo 4?

#51JolteonPosted 11/19/2012 6:55:52 AM
I'm talking about core gameplay mechanics.

Well, I think that's where you went wrong, because (at least initially) I wasn't. I was saying that they took a lot of the cosmetic features of CoD and attempted to incorporate them into Halo, and that to consider that decision "bold", is frankly ridiculous. I wasn't saying the games PLAY the same, I was saying that they share a lot of features, and that "most" of those features are brand new to Halo.

It wouldn't be hard to make the argument that core gameplay mechanics have been made much more similar to CoD, but that's not what I was setting out to do.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#52SeikenZPosted 11/19/2012 7:14:14 AM(edited)
Reach had more satisfying multiplayer in my opinion. From weapons, to no instant spawning, maps design etc

My ranking as of now for best MP, disregarding CE as I never really played it enough online, would be as following:

Halo 2 > Reach > Halo 3 > Halo 4
#53xURBANSOLDIERxPosted 11/19/2012 7:17:39 AM
I posted a topic on this a few days ago.. theres quite a few things that I feel are missing

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64633607
---
XBL: xKiLLeR BadGeRx, BF3: Colonel 40* Pommie lookin for Aussie/Kiwi clan/servers only!
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/xKiLLeR%20BaDgeRx#360
#54Allen_HoodPosted 11/19/2012 7:31:30 AM
I love it has good lasting appeal and great MP 343 did a great job speeding up the gameplay
---
GT: D3ath Proof DJ - Let's PLay Halo.
#55phillyeagles123Posted 11/19/2012 7:45:04 AM
Halo 4 is great so far. It's so much better than Reach in pretty much every way. It's too soon for me to properly rank it among the other main Halo games, but I do know that I like it 10x better than Reach. If you asked this question on Halo Waypoint, I think you'd get a very different response. Have you gone on the Halo 4 forums on Waypoint? All it is is nonstop whining about pretty much everything.
#56Lionheart MasterPosted 11/19/2012 7:46:29 AM
It's fun.
---
--
-
#57chamber29Posted 11/19/2012 7:56:03 AM
Lionheart Master posted...
It's fun.

This^
not like classic halo, but still fun
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#58theshovellerPosted 11/19/2012 8:01:54 AM
I thought the story was the best yet, really liked how they're fleshing out Cortana and MC's characters / relationships a bit more, and like how Spartan Ops is like a mini-campaign.

Things I don't dig - lack of dual wielding, lack of SMGs (I really liked those in the older ones,) lack of my personal Spartan in the Spartan Ops cutscenes. Still, nothing that's going to break the game or anything if they don't throw them back in.

Didn't weigh in on deathmatch / PvP, because I don't dig it too much.
#59HaganPosted 11/19/2012 8:37:07 AM
This game is miles ahead of blops II if that counts for anything.

I am making a video comparison of each game of what they did right and wrong (in my eyes).
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz - last video uploaded Blops II FFA game 11/13
#60BitakuPosted 11/19/2012 8:59:16 AM
How do I honestly feel? I think the campaign is the best, and it also reminds me the most of CE, which is a good thing. The multiplayer, after Halo 2, is easily my favorite. My only three big gripes are...

-The maps are mediocre at best, and limited.
-Spartan Ops, while fun, is not a true replacement for firefight. I'd really like to see it added at some point.
-Not a huge fan on 343 cutting down the usable weapons / vehicles.
---
On a different website I'd say "I'm surprised you got modded for insulting Hitler." but not on GameFAQs. - CatfishWiggins