For the halo veterans, how do you honestly feel about halo 4?

#61ST_ZeroPosted 11/19/2012 9:19:56 AM
splodesplode posted...
I've played This game since ce, and have loved it since. I have 5-6 k games in both h3 and reach. Played h2 online too before my box red ringed. But something about h4 I can't put my finger on. It doesn't feel like halo to me anymore, I wasn't the best at the game, but I am somewhat competitive but halo 4 feels foreign to me.

Do any veterans have the same problem ? How do u feel about h4? I can't get into this game at all, but with all the other ones I logged in countless hours of gameplay .

Coming from a halo vet, also the best on this board. Thus is my honest opinion of halo games based on multiplayer/competitive gameplay (the most important thing)

H3>H2>H1>HR>H4.
Halo 4 just tried to do too much and it failed. It lost the essence of what halo was. Halo 4 is a far different game than halo, 343 might as well change the title and take out halo because they ruined it.
My honest opinion.
#62hyjinx17Posted 11/19/2012 9:47:02 AM
I like it. Been playing since the days of system linking xbox's to play bloodgulch on Halo 1. I put the most time into Halo 2, followed by Halo 3 but Reach didn't hold my attention at all. Honestly 4 I think settles just below 3 for me and way above reach.

Story wise though I think its the weakest of all the numbered halo entries
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#63EliteGuard99Posted 11/19/2012 9:51:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#64EliteGuard99Posted 11/19/2012 9:54:18 AM
ST_Zero posted...

H3>H2>H1>HR>H4.
Halo 4 just tried to do too much and it failed. It lost the essence of what halo was. Halo 4 is a far different game than halo, 343 might as well change the title and take out halo because they ruined it.
My honest opinion.

This is exactly how I feel about Halo 4.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#65splodesplode(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:13:10 AM
I want to like this game, but it's just not happening. I still play with my friends just as I've done before with all the other halos, but this feels like a completely different game. I hate that some matches will start when you are 1-3 players down. It's not going to kill me to wait an extra few seconds for a full lobby. The instant respawn is fail. I was killed, had time to respawn and was able to kill the still 1 shot opponent I was fighting. I don't like ordinance drops. Hasn't halo always been about weapon/map control? I had a game where I was doing really well, the other team is getting crushed, and my ordinance drops was a sniper and a rocket for the other . We'll reward a player who is doing really well or really bad with a power weapon . Nice. The maps are completely garbage , there's only a small handful that keep getting recycled. No balanced, or symmetrical maps. No maps that stand out .
---
^_^
#66F_WolfPosted 11/19/2012 12:23:48 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
F_Wolf posted...
splodesplode posted...
I've played This game since ce, and have loved it since. I have 5-6 k games in both h3 and reach. Played h2 online too before my box red ringed. But something about h4 I can't put my finger on. It doesn't feel like halo to me anymore, I wasn't the best at the game, but I am somewhat competitive but halo 4 feels foreign to me.

Do any veterans have the same problem ? How do u feel about h4? I can't get into this game at all, but with all the other ones I logged in countless hours of gameplay .

As a halo veteran that only plays singleplayer, I rank this as the second worse game.

What's the worst?

Halo 2.
#67splodesplode(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:42:24 PM
Should I give this more time? I have less than 150-200 games invested in mm. Or should I quit while I'm ahead
---
^_^
#68JolteonPosted 11/19/2012 11:49:34 PM
If you're not enjoying the game, there's really no good reason for you to try to force yourself to like it. It's not as though you owe it anything.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#69SlimfosterPosted 11/20/2012 12:00:44 AM
I have been playing halo since CE, and I have to say I'm very happy with 4. For everyone that says 4 doesn't feel like halo you might want to get your head checked. If you don't like it to bad for you because untilled your one of the people making the game your opinion isn't that important. 343 has done a great job and definitely can't wait to see what's next.
#70Kage-No_KazePosted 11/20/2012 12:07:02 AM
I think the changes they implemented are great, without them there would be no point in making another Halo, plus it shows that they aren't just gonna coast on Bungie's success. Otherwise they'd be basically doing the same thing as CoD and squirting out a barely changed game every year.

The only thing that I've noticed is that precision weapons are king thanks to map designs. Was just in a match on Solace where pretty much the entire enemy team ran BR's and never missed a shot so we never had a chance. It's a little pointless to make getting shot move your reticule while scoped and not do something to a lesser degree when not