For the halo veterans, how do you honestly feel about halo 4?

#71Strakadh_OFPosted 11/20/2012 12:09:47 AM
It is my least favorite, Reach was better.

Too many things changed for the worse.
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#72Arcadia__personPosted 11/20/2012 12:10:46 AM
I'm disappointed honestly. The game is sort of fun, but I'm already getting bored with it. There just aren't as many gametypes as in previous Halo games, which is just unacceptable for a sequel. I'm sure more will get added, but for now it's just sad how limited it is.

On the other hand, I have no idea what everyone else is talking about when they say it doesn't feel like Halo anymore. Maybe I just don't play enough, but it feels like pretty much the same game as it always was to me...
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#73megametroidPosted 11/20/2012 12:13:30 AM
Jolteon posted...
If you're not enjoying the game, there's really no good reason for you to try to force yourself to like it. It's not as though you owe it anything.

Yeah, but when you're investing 60 bucks in a game that disappointment has a price. This is the first entry in the series that feels like a product to me, rather than a game. It ONLY exists to make money. Don't believe me? Ask yourself if there would have been a Halo 4 if Bungie still owned the rights and not Microsoft. They've moved on to bigger things. And yes, I know games are primarily created to make money - but Bungie truly put a lot of love, personality, and humor into their series that 343 just can't hope to match. I think Bungie would have wanted to keep making their games after Halo 1 if they weren't massive hits.

As for your question, multiplayer is easily the worst in the series, but passable when played in a party or splitscreen with friends. It's still imitation Halo, but there's fun to be had. The campaign really did impress me from a visual and gameplay standpoint, but the story makes absolutely no sense if you're not up to date with all of the books, and I'm not. I haven't read a Halo book since 7th grade and I don't plan to again anytime soon. Spartan Ops is mindless fun if you've got friends to play it with, but worthless on your own. Overall I would sell this game if my friends hadn't bought it too, and that makes me incredibly sad. I never sell my games.
#74Kage-No_KazePosted 11/20/2012 12:20:03 AM
Arcadia__person posted...
I'm disappointed honestly. The game is sort of fun, but I'm already getting bored with it. There just aren't as many gametypes as in previous Halo games, which is just unacceptable for a sequel. I'm sure more will get added, but for now it's just sad how limited it is.

On the other hand, I have no idea what everyone else is talking about when they say it doesn't feel like Halo anymore. Maybe I just don't play enough, but it feels like pretty much the same game as it always was to me...

I think they may have limited the game types for server reasons, seems a little likely considering how they started having a bunch of trouble yesterday. I'm with you on it still feeling like Halo, there may be killstreaky ordinance drops, but the benefits are still the same as grabbing a power weapon so the style of gameplay stays mostly the same but changes the flow of combat. Custom Loadouts just gives the player more customization and really doesn't affect the gameplay at all. The instant respawning allowing you to kill the person who just killed you is just bad map design and somewhat flawed spawning.
#75Tony_4_FingerzPosted 11/20/2012 12:29:17 AM
Played Halo since CE, then went on to BXR in halo 2. Halo 3 wasn't so great online imo, so I didn't last to long playing it. I didn't like reach all that much either, but I'm really enjoying Halo 4. I do feel its more competitive. I like how feels overall, the pace, the guns, everything.

My only issue is with how weak grenades are, but I feel this is the best Halo since Halo 2.
---
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllTech ShifTlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#76chickenwaxPosted 11/20/2012 5:31:16 AM
The menus in 3 and Reach were better.
---
"Two in Harmony, Surpasses One in Perfection" -The Kirijo Group
#77bat235Posted 11/21/2012 11:11:58 PM
I can understand why purists are disappointed, the outright call-of-duty-ing held my interest up to level 25 but it's waning. It is an above competent game but the map selection feels terribly limited. Server issues are pretty consistent and the menu management is visually sterile and only really intuitive to people who are more than familiar with menu navigation. Ultimately not major complaints but the side effect of the big budget sequel dominance/saturation model is an expected level of polish tempered with clever meta charm. I've played halo (not religiously but enough to experience the subtle changes and nuances that no pun evolved with the series) from the first title on. Hell, I remember when it was initially a pc strategy game in early development and to me this installment's single player looks expensive and cortana is a legitimately compelling character but I'll never finish it. It's a challenge to safely jump that chasm of disbelief for Another Galactic Menace so it's an unenviable task the writers face that feels a third heart and two thirds committee. Mp desperately needs to get a massive dlc package of a healthy cross section of old maps from the entire canon. This is an age in the properties' timeline where hd rereleases reaffirm the core-ness of what HAS stayed consistent under the lid regardless of which iteration it was.
#78bat235Posted 11/21/2012 11:14:27 PM
And yeah grenades are weak ass, lol
#79The BeansterPosted 11/21/2012 11:24:15 PM
I've been playing since 2001 when Halo first came out and have thousands of games played on each Halo game.

I like Halo 4 so far. It's different... the biggest change since the jump from Halo 1 to Halo 2. But it is worlds better than the broken, boring snoozefest that was Halo Reach. The campaign is top notch... I think they came pretty close to nailing it there.

Honestly, Bungie made it clear with Reach and now 343i has made it clear with H4 that they want to move the series away from the competitive core which was the center of the gameplay of Halo 2 and Halo 3. I think that's a terrible decision that will cause the franchise to die a long slow death if not reversed (you already see this in all the "Call of Halo" comments everywhere)

I myself have just resigned to the fact that the glory days of Halo 2 and Halo 3 are over, and I have no control over it. I'll keep playing Halo games because it's the only MP game I have the time for anymore. And I do enjoy Halo 4 a lot more than Reach... it's at least not boring, and it doesn't have any totally broken mechanics even if some things could use work.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage