Hey guys, remember the launch carbine from H3?

#21metroidman92Posted 11/19/2012 12:34:35 AM
What carbine are y'all using, because that thing wrecks when you're on defense. So glad it's back.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
#22thievery0000000Posted 11/19/2012 12:34:37 AM
OR
Make the carbine take 1 shot less for the kill and reduce the BR's spread.
---
XBL GT: w4m4rt s3cur1ty
#23HybridSnakePosted 11/19/2012 1:12:35 AM
The Carbine wasn't OP at launch. It was during the beta.

DMR is fine.

Kids need to manup.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#24RanmaRanmaPosted 11/19/2012 1:24:23 AM
HybridSnake posted...
The Carbine wasn't OP at launch. It was during the beta.

DMR is fine.

Kids need to manup.

That's being quite reductionist, no? You're going to say "yeah right," but as a "good" (modesty here) player, who only uses the DMR as a primary starting weapon, I can't agree with letting the other weapons fall to the wayside and become useless.

Another way to look at it: As a fighting game player, I don't want Zangief to suck because I only main Cammy. I want everyone to be as equal as possible so the variety is there, every battle is intense and I earn my wins.

There's no reason the BR should be so outclassed. The magnum and light rifle are fine actually, but the BR and Carbine are hot garbage. Some other guns need tweaks too. Yeah, even noob weapons like the suppressor. The answer is not nerfing a gun that feels great like the DMR. Why make a gun that feels great feel worse? The key is to adjust the other primaries.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#25Kage-No_KazePosted 11/19/2012 1:24:52 AM
RanmaRanma posted...
Lightrifle is the best long range precision weapon. It does not suck. DMR should NOT be nerfed. It feels great as is. Why make it feel worse? Buff the other guns instead. This isn't WoW, let's not nerf fun out of the game.

Real question is how to buff the other weapons.
#26RanmaRanmaPosted 11/19/2012 1:36:54 AM
Kage-No_Kaze posted...
RanmaRanma posted...
Lightrifle is the best long range precision weapon. It does not suck. DMR should NOT be nerfed. It feels great as is. Why make it feel worse? Buff the other guns instead. This isn't WoW, let's not nerf fun out of the game.

Real question is how to buff the other weapons.

I don't make games, so it's something I would leave in the hands of capable developers, whom are more experienced than I. I just play them.

However, you first need to look at what you're really trying to do with the guns. Is the BR supposed to be outclassed by the DMR at range? If so then you can't equalize the guns across that area. The BR's upclose power would need a tweak then.

If all guns are supposed to be equal in all ranges but handle differently, then that's a bigger issue, but it can be fixed by tweaking RoF, reload speed, clip size, accuracy, recoil, etc. I'd start with the guns that are worst off like the promethean assault rifle (who's name escapes me atm, it's late) and the carbine.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#27Kage-No_KazePosted 11/19/2012 1:43:04 AM
I could go for some kind of buff for the carbine outside of damage against Spartans, I think it might actually kill faster than all the other precision weapons except the LR if you can land shots easily. Pretty much any change to the precision weapons damage against Spartans wouldn't work because the balance they do have is precarious.
#28SeikenZPosted 11/19/2012 1:49:48 AM(edited)
Assault Rifle starts are way more fun imo. As it is now, you take 1 step outside and you get shot from across the map by DMR's. It'd have been better as a pickup weapon in my opinion.

The instant respawning also doesn't contribute much aside from being able to get shot by someone that you just killed 2 seconds later from across the map.
#29Demon SlicerPosted 11/19/2012 1:49:47 AM
SeikenZ posted...
Assault Rifle starts are way more fun imo.

God no.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#30SeikenZPosted 11/19/2012 1:52:21 AM(edited)
Demon Slicer posted...
SeikenZ posted...
Assault Rifle starts are way more fun imo.

God no.

I don't see anything wrong with it, there would still be Carbines, BR's and DMR's to pick up on the map. It's just not overkill on long range precision combat as it is now where everybody spawns with the best weapon basically.