Hey guys, remember the launch carbine from H3?

#41Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/19/2012 2:34:35 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
RanmaRanma posted...
Lightrifle is the best long range precision weapon. It does not suck. DMR should NOT be nerfed. It feels great as is. Why make it feel worse? Buff the other guns instead. This isn't WoW, let's not nerf fun out of the game.

Raise the ROF on the Carbine slightly

Your trigger finger sets the rate of fire. It fires as fast as you can shoot.

Why do you insist on diggin yourself into holes when you try to talk about this game?

Nope. The carbine has a set rate of fire. Sorry about your slow trigger finger.
#42cjd92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:28:37 AM
You guys are right, it was the beta version that got nerfed. My bad... though I think it's still a valid point. It's not just the bad gamers out there whining as they always do, but several 'pros' I've seen have commented on how far outclassed all the other guns are.
---
indeed.
#43PumpltUpTo11Posted 11/19/2012 8:39:09 AM
The DMR makes big team boring as hell. All anyone does on most maps is just crouch behind cover and camp the whole game. Halo 4 feels like it's a good game, but having both teams camping the entire match slowly picking each other off does not feel like Halo at all. It really needs a nerf or something.
---
"Let's pump it up to 11!" -Peter Moore, E3 07
#44OmisanAndrewPosted 11/19/2012 8:40:38 AM
PumpltUpTo11 posted...
The DMR makes big team boring as hell. All anyone does on most maps is just crouch behind cover and camp the whole game. Halo 4 feels like it's a good game, but having both teams camping the entire match slowly picking each other off does not feel like Halo at all. It really needs a nerf or something.

---
Little high like noon on the moon
#45YuenkuPosted 11/19/2012 8:41:13 AM
The nail that sticks out gets hammered.

When one system outbalances the rest (DMR vs other rifles), the solution isn't to strengthen everything else to match DMR; it's to bring DMR to the level everything else is at.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#46ShadowEspionagePosted 11/19/2012 8:44:29 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
RanmaRanma posted...
Lightrifle is the best long range precision weapon. It does not suck. DMR should NOT be nerfed. It feels great as is. Why make it feel worse? Buff the other guns instead. This isn't WoW, let's not nerf fun out of the game.

Raise the ROF on the Carbine slightly

Your trigger finger sets the rate of fire. It fires as fast as you can shoot.

Why do you insist on diggin yourself into holes when you try to talk about this game?

Seriously the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.
---
I'm fairly confident that the CoD series can't get any worse than Black Ops. Unless, of course... Treyarch makes Black Ops 2... zombie95
#47DuwstaiPosted 11/19/2012 10:58:42 AM
The nail that sticks out gets hammered.

When one system outbalances the rest (DMR vs other rifles), the solution isn't to strengthen everything else to match DMR; it's to bring DMR to the level everything else is at.

Maybe if you want the game to suck.

Halo 4 is fun because the kill times are fast.

Keep them fast by buffing the other weapons a bit. Wouldnt take much.

Actually, the BR and Carbine both already have faster kill times than the DMR, when assuming 100% accuracy.

Wrong.

DMR has a faster kill time than both assuming 100% accuracy. That thread that had gun stats was wrong on so many levels. Shame on you for believing it, even after everyone pointed out how flawed it was.
---
balls
#48enzyme36Posted 11/19/2012 11:02:48 AM
the gun is fun to use... why doesnt everyone just make it their work horse...

the only reason it is called OP is because there are all these other crappy options... no one was calling for the BR to be nerfed in Halo 3, everyone just used it and enjoyed it
#49__balePosted 11/19/2012 11:08:25 AM
1. DMR is not OP lol
2. the beta carbine was overpowered in h3, not the launch. maybe you're too young to remember right?
#50A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 11/19/2012 11:12:12 AM
enzyme36 posted...
the gun is fun to use... why doesnt everyone just make it their work horse...

the only reason it is called OP is because there are all these other crappy options... no one was calling for the BR to be nerfed in Halo 3, everyone just used it and enjoyed it

I remember a whole lot of people calling for the BR to be nerfed in Halo 3. The fact of the matter is, if everybody just starts running a DMR because that's the "best" one then the game loses all it's variety. Riddle me this? Why even bother with being allowed to pick weapons if the DMR is the one everyone should use? Why is there an option to equip 2 primaries instead of a secondary if Assault rifles are supposed to suck. 2 DMRs? if you're going to make a game that isn't classic pickup style weapons then there is no point to the game without proper weapon balancing, because you aren't going to see that variety that you wanted.

The game gets boring and repetitive if it's just DMR DMR DMR DMR. It's probably going to get nerfed, and I would support that decision.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them