Hey guys, remember the launch carbine from H3?

#51Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/19/2012 12:27:40 PM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
RanmaRanma posted...
Lightrifle is the best long range precision weapon. It does not suck. DMR should NOT be nerfed. It feels great as is. Why make it feel worse? Buff the other guns instead. This isn't WoW, let's not nerf fun out of the game.

Raise the ROF on the Carbine slightly

Your trigger finger sets the rate of fire. It fires as fast as you can shoot.

Why do you insist on diggin yourself into holes when you try to talk about this game?

Nope. The carbine has a set rate of fire. Sorry about your slow trigger finger.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64623147
#52DuwstaiPosted 11/19/2012 5:05:16 PM
It shouldnt be nerfed, the other weapons should be buffed.

Playing with the DMR feels amazing, because it kills fast and your shots actually hit where you point to.

Nerfing it by making it kill slower or giving it more bloom would be a terrible decision.

Just make the BR have a slightly faster rate of fire (so it beats the DMR at mid range by like 1/10 of a second or less. Carbine should have a kill time about equal to the DMR since it has no spread over range.

Light Rifle is fine. Maybe a slight buff to Rate of Fire when unzoomed.

Leave all the other weapons the same, game still plays fast and perfect. All starting weapons balanced.
---
balls
#53DuwstaiPosted 11/19/2012 5:06:54 PM
The Carbine does NOT fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. Whoever said that is just plain wrong. There is a set rate of fire, its just fairly fast. Not even as fast as the pistol though, so I have no idea why someone would think that.
---
balls
#54bearded_moosePosted 11/19/2012 5:10:25 PM
the issue isn't that it's too powerful. the issue is that only the outer rim of the reticule needs to be on you for it to register a hit, whereas the carbine (current) needs to be dead freaking center, or at the very least, aimed slightly above the head.

DMR has become noob friendly, plain and simple.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12
#55BigCatFivePosted 11/19/2012 5:17:37 PM
Duwstai posted...
I really hope the crybabies dont make them nerf the DMR.

Halo has finally gotten back to its roots with a decent utility weapon, that kills fast and works from long range.

Dont ruin people. Adapt.
#56SCREAMINGBEATSSPosted 11/19/2012 5:18:42 PM
Too young to remember? H3 came out in 07 not 97
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#57KwajdeltaPosted 11/19/2012 5:48:47 PM
You know what we used to do in the days before patches? Suck it up and move along.
---
Distract and Destroy
GT: Gold Firebird
#58ShadowEspionagePosted 11/19/2012 5:51:06 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
RanmaRanma posted...
Lightrifle is the best long range precision weapon. It does not suck. DMR should NOT be nerfed. It feels great as is. Why make it feel worse? Buff the other guns instead. This isn't WoW, let's not nerf fun out of the game.

Raise the ROF on the Carbine slightly

Your trigger finger sets the rate of fire. It fires as fast as you can shoot.

Why do you insist on diggin yourself into holes when you try to talk about this game?

Nope. The carbine has a set rate of fire. Sorry about your slow trigger finger.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64623147

Thank you for pointing out how I completely overlooked that false piece of information.

SterlingFox must have typed that on accident. Or at least I hope so.
---
I'm fairly confident that the CoD series can't get any worse than Black Ops. Unless, of course... Treyarch makes Black Ops 2... zombie95
#593starborrisPosted 11/19/2012 6:29:02 PM
Kage-No_Kaze posted...
It's a gun thats only outmatched in pretty much point blank range while every other weapon actually has some sort of weakness. Pretty sure that makes it OP

so you say it has no weakness, then say it is outmatched in close range.

that sure sounds like a weakness to me....
#60MC_Brian1Posted 11/19/2012 6:46:44 PM
Light Rifle: Unzoomed is a piece of crap, zoomed in is great but 1v1 gunfights will likely be lost since your aim will keep jumping up.

Carbine: Great weapon but demands really good accuracy from the user, this is especially apparent at longer ranges.

BR: Great all around weapon, but spread makes it tougher to use at range especially considering the 2x scope.

You know what all these weapons have in common? They're all inferior to the DMR. Especially the BR. While the BR is probably the second best primary (the other 2, especially the LR, are more niche weapons), it is worse than the DMR in every way. This is straight up sad. Something should really be done, and I think the solution is to buff the other weapons ever so slightly.
---
Why do you believe that Majora is a female? - BlueGunstarHero
Majora's emotions came out through the Skull Kid - BadDecisions